parabolic reflector

N4

@@TafganiMan i run two lights but only upgraded one of my lights to a parabolic

i bolted the two euros together by making two holes on the end of each shade and unbolting the current parts on the euros and bolting it all back together using the holes i made

i then used thick garden wire from b and q to hold the shades in the desired shape making it easily adjustable

gallery_87566_10526_182544.jpg

Edited by TokeItUpUk
  • Like 6

@TokeItUpUk

nicely done looks like it speeds the light a lot better! Still looks a bit big for mine, I'll have to have a bit of an experiment to get the right size..

Taf :smokin:

Im running a 250w dual spec HPS currently with a basic euro reflector, it does the job but doesn't look very professional..!

Yeah I was wondering that, thanks for your reply anyway mate its saved me a few pennies ;)

Taf :smokin:

have you considered a bare 400 in that space ?

@@catfish

I have thought about it but don't really know the adverse effects it may have on the ladies... would I hang it vertically or horizontally?

My space is 75x75x100.. so absolute minimum headroom!

i'd ditch the idea of using a 400w in that space & would go with a 250w, as for the light, you can hang it vertically & have maybe upto 4 plants around it,

a few folk have rigged up an outer sleeve around the bulb made of thin garden wire, it helps to stop the plants from getting burnt if they cant touch the bulb.

@@Joint hogger

I have always been put off a 400 as the space is so small and heat is already an issue in summer just with the 250.

So will it benefit me more having it hang vertically? At the moment its practically on the roof of the tent horizontally so taking up no space, and is a fairly good light coverage as the space is so small..

ive done 250 with boost in a 60 cm sq with a euro shade a bare bulb and the euro shade hung at the front of the tent .

kinda if it was a cupboard grow the light would be on the back of the door . if that makes sense ?

my plants were stocky and yeild was good too also i didnt have heat issues as i had a fan under the light blowing upwards towards the filter .

i had 2 plants in 6 ltrs pots and 1 in a 3.5 .

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

im planning on getting 2 parabolics with lumitec pro 600w 400v ballasts or 2 gavita pro 600w 400v i just cant make my mind up any advice any one there going in a 1.2 x 2.4 x2m tent with 8inch exhaust and 6 inch intake cheers guys :)

Edited by platnium420

• 3 months later...

yeah got the all clear for a refund, to replace it i have a powerplant superwing only 21 quid. They retail at 60 everywhere else

• 1 month later...

Tafganiman

I have always been put off a 400 as the space is so small and heat is already an issue in summer just with the 250.

So will it benefit me more having it hang vertically? At the moment its practically on the roof of the tent horizontally so taking up no space, and is a fairly good light coverage as the space is so smallsmall.,,,Yes it will help, with a 250 mh bulb you can touch the end of it without getting burnt, it throws the heat out the way kinda like a doughnut. My 600w is aprox 16" from the canopy with the temp at 28c

A small bucket is useful for putting a parabolic together, it allows you to get it all bolted together with ease.

Atb coconut

Edited by Coconut
  • Like 1

i just put one of these together, giving it a rest run. If it not efficient enough i am going to send it back

how do you conclude it isn't efficient enough?

oh hi, efficient not really the word, i just found it a bit too cheaply made. sharp edges as well, and thought it might run very hot as the tent is only 1m x 1m but very happy with the superwing

• 8 months later...

hi quick question are these compatible with the CMH 315W TYPE? seen a nice OMEGA 315w CDM Digital Grow Kit but the reflector was shit

@mr_smith2020 You need to use a screw-in adaptor with anything other than the official shades, I have one in my 80cm sunking and it works fine.