parabolic reflector

N4

TIP ? Put the nuts, bolts etc into "segment go under the plate" the top plate, then hang it up to finish putting the others in. I,ve done 2 and hanging it is much easyer to work with. The best £ for £ reflector imo atb CR

i've had this discussion with a few folk & thought fuck it & seeing as the tent isnt busy just now,

i whipped the parabolic out & gave it a good clean, then took it apart to rebuild it petal sides down :wassnnme:

anyway, heres the pics.

post-36349-0-67302700-1333422630_thumb.jpg...post-36349-0-98303500-1333422636_thumb.jpg...post-36349-0-96793900-1333422644_thumb.jpg

post-36349-0-15688500-1333422661_thumb.jpg...post-36349-0-12642400-1333422666_thumb.jpg...post-36349-0-63641000-1333422670_thumb.jpg

well fuck me sideways, it does sit slightly better :doh:

:skin_up:

• 3 months later...

Just a thought and a theory

I have started to see dimpled aluminium parabolic reflectors around for sale now and was wondering would they be better than white coated ones ? as most reflectors are not painted but bare !

• 1 month later...

Yes it does when you want two to go in a 2mtr room, I will have to downsize to 2x 80cm ones as soon as I rerquire a second light, wont be this side of xmas though, am spent up . Enjoyed spending every penny though :)

Vill

i read a thread here a while back where someone connected two parabolics together, i cant for the life of me find the thread now, does any one know who's thread it was? or even better have a link to it :stoned:

• 3 months later...

lol, wish I'd thought to check here a few days ago, I just assembled a 120cm one, no instructions at all, and of course also quite bulky to assemble single handedly, especially if you have short arms!

Also very fiddly as the bolts used are barely long enough to fit into the holes and keep there while the thing's being bent into shape. Pleased to report it was worth the effort as light is now much intense yet even throughout the space.

Hi herbalvoodoo, where did you get your 120cm parabolic reflector? Biggest ive seen is 100 cm & I got 2 paras, 1 in a 1m2, that fine, but got another 100cm one in my 1.2m2, but you end up the corners dont get much light & would buy the refletor if I knew where?

Cheers