parabolic reflector

N4

would a parabolic work in a dr90 ,im useing an awing reflector atm and have some heat issues.just wondered if they are better for the heat issue.i dont fancy the cooltube but may consider it if my problem persists whats your thoughts peeps.

would a parabolic work in a dr90 ,im useing an awing reflector atm and have some heat issues.just wondered if they are better for the heat issue.i dont fancy the cooltube but may consider it if my problem persists whats your thoughts peeps.

Hi mate, the para defo helps with heat, my verical bulb is just under the bulb, but just over a bit, it spreads the heat all out to the side, rather than beaming staight down.

Jasper

Hi mate, the para defo helps with heat, my verical bulb is just under the bulb, but just over a bit, it spreads the heat all out to the side, rather than beaming staight down.

Jasper

cheers jasper ,i will defo look into it.theres a couple of others im looking at to. :yinyang:

get the 80cm parabolic from greens, the 80cm fits perfectly in a dr90 & they only cost £37.50 :wink:

the parabolic design helps with temps as the heat radiated from the bulb goes mostly out the way (horizontally)

compared to a euro, adjusta wing or a diamond reflector which put most of their radiated head downwards towards the plants.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Getting 2 of these tomorrow or Thursday......seen my friends in action, amazing!

I could sit underneath it comfortably. You can get your plants much closer to the light which must help the bottom buds develop better. Cant wait to get mine...should help come summer too.

im thinking bout getting one of these im using 120 x 120 tent with 600w hps 80cm or the 1m what do yous think 6 plants top maybe just 4 ?

im thinking bout getting one of these im using 120 x 120 tent with 600w hps 80cm or the 1m what do yous think 6 plants top maybe just 4 ?

100cm.

• Like 1

Be careful where you order it from, i just had a 3 week nightmare with one hydro shop, ordered 600-1000w maxibright para didnt hear anything for over a week so i emailed them and they didnt even have a clue about the order then they emailed me back saying they dont have the product and do i want a diamond reflector which i didnt. so they said they would get parabolic for me on the tuesday of last week, it didnt show so i gave them a ring on the following monday(over 2 weeks after i ordered) and guy had no knowledge of order again, so i emailed them some of our Correspondence to prove i had ordered it, then he says we have no record of payment :wallbash: !! seen as all this was done online and with paypal no record !. in the end after many phone calls and emails i had to copy and paste the paypal receipt to an email before they would refund me :unsure: just a heads up for any one buying online ..KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS

Happy growing folks :smokin:

Be careful where you order it from, i just had a 3 week nightmare with one hydro shop, ordered 600-1000w maxibright para didnt hear anything for over a week so i emailed them and they didnt even have a clue about the order then they emailed me back saying they dont have the product and do i want a diamond reflector which i didnt. so they said they would get parabolic for me on the tuesday of last week, it didnt show so i gave them a ring on the following monday(over 2 weeks after i ordered) and guy had no knowledge of order again, so i emailed them some of our Correspondence to prove i had ordered it, then he says we have no record of payment :wallbash: !! seen as all this was done online and with paypal no record !. in the end after many phone calls and emails i had to copy and paste the paypal receipt to an email before they would refund me :unsure: just a heads up for any one buying online ..KEEP YOUR RECEIPTS

Happy growing folks :smokin:

anything like this i would order from greens used the company for a few years now excellent service and reasonable p&p usually at your door in plain packaging in a cpl of days of order same price as the e place

• Like 4

Greens are top notch, ordered 3 bulbs last week, one blew within 4 hours of use, they sent a new one no questions asked within 3 days :guitar:

• Like 2

i got my parabolic from greens ,ordered it on monday it came on tuesday .couldnt ask for better service spot on :yep: .best thing i done its sorted my temp probs out instantly and it fits a treat in my dr90.cheers for the advice joint hogger im well happy now :)

Edited by king bong

get the 80cm parabolic from greens, the 80cm fits perfectly in a dr90 & they only cost £37.50 :wink:

the parabolic design helps with temps as the heat radiated from the bulb goes mostly out the way (horizontally)

compared to a euro, adjusta wing or a diamond reflector which put most of their radiated head downwards towards the plants.

:yep:

I've got a 1mtr one sitting in my cupboard (in bits) :headpain: after reading this thread again I may try and put it together again and give it another go :headpain:I had used it in a 1.2 tent which was fine but now I'm trying an amazon in a 1x1x2 tent which maybe a bit tight :unsure:

but maybe give it a try :stoned:

Edited by beebs

Ive got mine built and running and I am shocked.

Best thing I have bought for my grow in 10 years......they really are that good. If youve got the space change to them, I really cant praise them enough!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ive got mine built and running and I am shocked.

Best thing I have bought for my grow in 10 years......they really are that good. If youve got the space change to them, I really cant praise them enough!

Couldn't agree more, been using mine for a few weeks and the difference between a parabolic and other reflectors is amazing. They win hands down :stoned:

Just gotta point out to people with a 1m tent who are thinking of buying a parabolic- do not buy a 1m parabolic for a 1m tent as you can't forget that you're after negative pressure so the walls of the tent are going to be sucked in quite a bit. A 1m parabolic is perfect for a 1.2m tent and a 80cm one is the job for a 1m tent. Otherwise you're going to have the tent walls pressing up against the metal blades of the parabolic and over time they could put little holes in your tent.

• Like 1