parabolic reflector

N4

This might be a stupid question, but do the various paras on sale come flat-packed? There's no way I'm getting anything 1m square into my grow room, it's not a problem once in though. I've only got a hatch as access.

Yrah mate, you put it together, pretty small when they arrive. However the grostar paras are in one peice

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Also guys, is it possible to build the para in 2 halfs ?

I grow in the loft and the bloody thing won't fit up the hatch if I bolt it all together lol !

Would be good if I could bolt 2 halfs together once I'm in the loft but do the rest downstairs

Cheers

• 7 months later...

Considering going with a parabolic shade this time around - I've only ever ran air-cooled horizontal shades before.

My question is - How much harder is it to control temps with a parabolic compared to an air-cooled?

and how do people set up their intake/extraction for this?

Considering going with a parabolic shade this time around - I've only ever ran air-cooled horizontal shades before.

My question is - How much harder is it to control temps with a parabolic compared to an air-cooled?

and how do people set up their intake/extraction for this?

Never ran air cooled so can't help, but intake extraction is the accepted standard; intake low as possible, extract high as possible and at other end of room or tent

Do they take up any more room height wise?

there the depth of the bulb, but they are worth the size

they definitely spread the light damn well.

my 600w easily covers my 1.2x1.2 tent, although i dont cram my plants in

since i like air movement and being able to move my girls around if needed

• 1 month later...

I have a 70/75cm by 70/75cm grow space, if I got myself a para shade could I cut it down by 10cm at the edges? or is that asking for problems? I am restricted for height as it is but a para would spread the light way better... Any thoughts?

Taf :smokin:

bit of a job cutting a para down as theres 8 side panels but if you've the tools, it can be done easy, tho tbh,

there wouldn't be any difference in the spread of light in that size of space (light size dependent),

you can save your self £20 & get a basic euro reflector ;)

Im running a 250w dual spec HPS currently with a basic euro reflector, it does the job but doesn't look very professional..!

Yeah I was wondering that, thanks for your reply anyway mate its saved me a few pennies ;)

Im running a 250w dual spec HPS currently with a basic euro reflector, it does the job but doesn't look very professional..!

Yeah I was wondering that, thanks for your reply anyway mate its saved me a few pennies ;)

i used to run two euros but upgraded one to a parabolic and built my own adjusta wing type out of the two euro reflectors, works so well i wont be buying a second parabolic.

i think this could work for you if you want a better light spread @@TafganiMan

• Like 1

@TokeItUpUk

Sounds good mate, I think I know what your on about.. do you mean you added some panels from the para to the euro? like on the ends where there is no reflector?

My only problem is I'm working in the smalls bud box tent is something stupid like 70x70x100... I have been managing for a couple of years now and i have dialled it all in, light coverage being the last problem I'm dealing with

Do you have any pics of your shade?