Amnesia's Sweet Seeds competition Grow Diary.

Amnesia

Guest oldskoolsmoker

sorry about the germ problems mate still 4 is not that bad to grow with, and with your growing skills sure they will lovely girls

ATB with the rest of the grow

oss lol

Sorry I've not dropped by before now Amnesia, I thought I'd read your diary so just been catching up and its obvious I hadn't :offtopic:

Nice to see your another PM soil convert as I'm using it for the 1st time for this comp grow as well and although I only have all-mix to compare it to, I know what you mean about it being nice and fluffy!

And don't stress too much about some of your seeds not germinating, with your skills you should still have some nice plants and your not alone as 1 of mine didn't germ either, its been about 11 days and still no sign, I used the same technique as you but I must have messed up somewhere along the lines.

Anyway, good luck with the grow and comp & so far its been a cracking read lol

Nick Mack At least they will have plenty of room in the main room, i plan to top them so should still end up with a full room.

All the best.

oldskoolsmoker Still i'm lucky that the four showed up, still puzzled why they all sunk though. Back to Root Riots for me in future. I see your girls are off to a cracking start, nice detailed diary too.

See you soon mate.

Serpent It does seem good stuff this PM soil, the ones that did germinate are looking very lush though with no twisting or nute burn which is something i've always got in previous grows. The others had sunk which was obviously my fault somehow but as i said to Nick Mack i'm very happy with the four and should still end up with a full room.

All the best with your Sweet Seeds girls looking great i see and congratulations on that nice crop of Iced Grapefruit, one of my favourite smokes as you have probably read in my grow diaries.

Hope to see you soon mate.

I'm harvesting my current crop tonight so the Sweet cheeses and Wild Rose will be in the main room tomorrow under the HPS, all are doing great and will update with pictures when they are in their new home. lol

lolHAPPY NEW YEAR!

Saturday 1 January, SC1 at 19 days veg, others are Day 10 veg.

Hope everyone has had a good time, a new year so i thought a great way to start it off would be with the first proper full update.

I had a bad start with these little ones through no fault of their own so fingers crossed 2011 brings a new start to them. The Sweet Seeds girls today have the luxury of the main room under the the 400w HPS with Parabolic, as i mentioned previously this grow is now 3 Sweet Cheeses and a single Wild Rose, because i have the four plants my plan is to flower them in 6ltr final pots so i should still have a full room at the end. Also because the SC and WR are 70% and 65% Sativa i will top all of them a bit later on in veg as i'm a little worried about headspace only really having about 5ft height to play with from soil to tip, it should be plenty enough though.

So on the 26 December i re-potted SC1 into the 1ltr using Plant Magic granules and watered in with 0.75ml/ltr of PM Boost, thick white roots were literally bursting out of the pot by then and they have all been watered with a tiny amount of PM Catalyst since.

Yesterday 31 December SC1 was re-potted into the 4ltr. Finally SC2, SC3 and the WR were re-potted into the 1ltr's. All had PM Granules added into the PM compost and again were all watered in with 0.75ml/ltr of PM Boost.

Because i had to dig up SC2 at germination and i planted SC3 and the WR several days later, SC1 is today 19 days old since appearing above the soil and the SC2, SC3 and WR are 10 days old veg. A bit confusing i know but just a reminder to myself really.

All four plants are doing just fine in this Plant Magic soil, first impressions gets a big thumbs up from me as these babies have had no slight twisting or nute burn at all which is something i normally get even when i've used the John Aurthur Bowers stuff, no rubbish or lumps at all just nice and airy compost.

Temperatures in the growroom are currently at 28c lights on and around 22c light off, RH is only at 40% max but i'm hoping to sort that out in the coming days and the lighting schedule is 20/4.

Enough talking then, and on with the pictures took today. First an overhead shot of them.

Top left = WR coming along very nicely, the new seed i planted now at 10 days old, 5.5cm in height in 1ltr pot.

Top right = SC1 the first seeds i germed which came through now 19 days old sitting in the 4ltr, no problems with this girl throughout and a very fast grower and sturdy girl. My favourite for obvious reasons and standing at 9cm tall.

Bottom right = :ninja: SC2 Looking more like a lettuce than canna!. :bag: Seriously though this little girl is a real fighter, remember i dug this one out from the soil after they somehow had all sunk. None of the others survived but this battler came through after a few days with the smallest leaves ever seen and struggled on regardless, when the proper leaves came she was that small no stem could be seen and even today at 10 days old she is only 2.5cm tall, in 1ltr pot. Will be very interesting to see how she turns out considering the terrible start she's had so this is my very special Sweet girl :wub: .

Bottom left = SC3 The other new seed also at 10 days old, very nice and strong at 6cm tall doing good in the 1ltr pot.

tn_gallery_46705_2371_401248.jpg

Next a side-view of them in the growroom under the Parabolic shade, the light had just gone off so thats why the picture is a little dark. As you can see i've had to raise the little 1ltrs using empty pots because SC1 was overshadowing them, I've also now upgraded to 2 clip-on fans for air movement, i love these things as you can move and clip them to wherever you need them :yep: .

tn_gallery_46705_2371_300903.jpg

Close-up, side view.

tn_gallery_46705_2371_150745.jpg

Thats about it then, any questions just ask away. Will update in a few days time as the girls are growing very rapidly now.

All the best people. :D

Happy new year Amnesia :ninja:

Great update to the diary & all's looking good in the gorw room, nice to see SC2 still hangin' in there so hopefully she'll come good lol

Edited by Serpent

Hi Serpent, hopefully she will love the HPS and once she gets a little bigger those deformed leaves won't matter. A previous runt of Iced Grapefruit turned out lovely so who knows how she will turn out, i'm not giving her up anyway and will nurture her to the end.

All the best mate.

Frigging hell...I only started mine today,but after reading ur Diary mate,,im going home with my tail between my legs..haha Great diary mate.....MM

:( Sorry mate i could not resist that one. mrfish Thanks for stopping by, just seen your girls too and off to a brilliant start i see.

All the best.

mickeymouser Come on in, Don't worry mate your girls have nothing to worry about. My lettuce plant is a threat to no one :) .

Welcome anytime.

I will do a report at the weekend to show you how the girls are progressing, they seem to be enjoying the HPS so all is well so far. :yep:

e2a : Wake and Bake! :guitar:

Edited by Amnesia

Hi Amnesia,

Couple Q's for you:

Saturday 1 January, SC1 at 19 days veg, others are Day 10 veg.

Am I correct in assuming that the photo's show your girls in the main grow room and not in the vegging tent?

And, in that second photo - how far from the bulb are your girls?

Thanks and best of luck with the comp :guitar:

PE

Good to see you again playingedges and glad to answer your questions, yes the update on the 1st January was the first day they were in the main room under the HPS. The Parabolic would have no chance of fitting in the tent anyway.

Regarding the distance from plants to the bulb this is still something i'm experimenting with as i'm unsure what the sweetest spot is. In my last grow it was kept a lot higher throughout the grow, right now it is around 6 inches away from the nearest plant but as they grow taller i do raise the gap from the top of the plant to the bulb further so that you get a more even light spread to penertrate through the canopy better, because they are very small at the moment and close together you do not need that much light spread.

Temperatures at the canopy are never more than 28c at any point and they do have the fan blowing through the canopy and the other fan through the plants so they should be cool enough.

I am a little worried that this could be too close though and cause light bleaching as they are only small, they seem fine with it so far though. :stoned:

Thanks for bringing that up playingedges, something i was wondering but forgot to ask it myself.

See you soon mate.

To anyone else who has a Parabolic, How far do you keep the bulb from the top of your plants if you don't mind me asking?

The Sweet Seeds girls leaves are reaching for the sky as if they want more, unless they are just very happy and praying to it. Actually i might just make a new thread later on asking this.

Any advice on this would be much appreciated. :)

Guest oldskoolsmoker

looking good bro :spliff: 6 inches should be ok for the little ones jusk keep an eye on them as they are still young. i use a para with a 400w and have had mine 3 to 4 inches away from my girls in flower with no problems. my shade as i am in my 5 th week of flower is higher up then yours and my extraction is right above it so it pulls even more heat so bare that in mind.

atb

oss :frown:

Cheers for the sound advice oldskoolsmoker, i thought they were okay with it as they do seem very perky so all is well then so far.

Hope to hear from you soon mate. :)

I did make a new post in the lighting forum after all, just wondering what distance others kept their shades at, after re-checking the temps over the last two days they are now never above 27c at the canopy. The link to that thread is here if you want to take a read.> How much distance from canopy to bulb?, 80cm Parabolic, 400w digital.

And here is a quick pic of them how they look today, full of life. Even the lettuce is transforming now lol .

tn_gallery_46705_2371_230718.jpg

If you look at the previous picture in last update 2 days ago you can see how much they have come along in just 2 days! :doh:

Full update at the weekend, hope to see you then.

Guest oldskoolsmoker

You can really tell the difference in using a HPS compared to a CFL in veg grow so much quicker im using a 125 cfl at the moment then getting the 300w cfl on there till my main g room is free with the hps

all looking good bro

keep up the good work

oss :woot: