Amnesia's Sweet Seeds competition Grow Diary.

Amnesia

Wednesday 15 December, Day 4 of still germinating.

Sweet Seeds Thanks again for the opportunity to grow out some of your tasty strains, sure hoping to get some sweet smokes but not having much luck with the germination process so far, still early days though so still hoping for the best. lol

metalbasher Good to see you mate, I might need lots of luck with this one as its day 4 now in the soil and still not much appeared as you will see below. Not long now for your Iced Grapefruit, a real nice smoke it is and definitely one of my top smokes with a lovely taste and very pleasurable high.

All the best.

PowerPainter I think i'm setting the standard for the slowest germinating seeds at the moment! :rofl: Not over yet though so not certainly not giving up on them just yet.

Drop in anytime mate.

:( Yesterday at germination day three SC1 appeared but still no sign of the others yet lol The compost has been kept moist and the temperature has been at a steady 27c in the tent. Its still early days i know but my beans normally germinate within 4 days, On a more positive note SC1 looks very perky and healthy so with a bit of luck the others won't be too far behind. I hope you do not mind me calling the ladies by the abbreviated names but i really cannot be bothered saying/writing Wild Rose, Sweet Cheese and Snow Fruit every time i mention them :) .

Hopefully will update within the next couple of days when they join the party :yep: .

A quick pic of SC1, at the top in the middle.>

post-46705-1292447255_thumb.jpg

Hope to see you ver soon! :)

Guest Shairiley

looking good apart from the slow germination hope you dont mind me sayin but 27 is way too high for germination imo and i was led to believe you want temps around 20.C for germination jus nice and warm.

Quality looking stuff Amnesia. Are your sure your a smoker? You seem very organised to me lol:(

Goodluck n may the cana gods shine on you.

DC1

Wednesday 17 December, Day 6 of still germinating.

Shairiley Thanks for the sound advice, looking back at my other diaries i did keep the temps at around 24c so as you say this has probably not helped matters. Now back at around 24c we will see how it goes now that they are not a mile below the surface as you will read below.

All the best.

DaChunky1 I may seem organised but believe me it takes an age to write up each update, after several smokes and rewriting posts (or you could say withnailed!) i'm finally there :wink: . And still a 1 finger typer after spending years on computers! :B):

Welcome anytime.

Now at Day 6 of germination there is still no sign of the other 5 so today i decided to have a gentle dig around to see whats going on in there.

All of the five seeds had sunk about a quarter of an inch down into the compost so obviously these were not going to make it to the surface, no idea how this happened because i always gently firm down the compost, water and then put the seed in and i'm always very careful when watering too.

On a very positive note though all 5 seeds had cracked so these were carefully put nearer the surface with a very light layer of compost on top, Temps are now stable at 24c and the 125w blue enviro is on 24/7. So with lots of luck we might just now finally see the other 5 in the next few days and the one that did pop up (SC1) is fine and healthy. :wink:

Will update as soon as i see any sign of the other babies coming through. :bong:

Guest quitdatjibbajabba

Decent!!

All looking ship shape amnesia, looks like you run a tight ship!

I've also just had a load of crap compost from b n q purple bag, way to much crap in it this time and riddled with knatts too!

Good look with the little ones mate!!

Amnesia! Keep it up, and you will win the comp, Nicely planned out diary, plenty of detail and a nice read.

I don't like to mention compost manufacturers but i use B&Q compost all the time and never have any issues, apart from the fungus gnat, and i deal with those with a little house hold fly spray around the base of my pots, seems to keep them under control.

My seeds have taken a good 5 days to germinate, longer than my usual beans, but then i don't try and germinate seeds out of season, like now. They know you know :spliff:

When i prepare my pots for sowing seeds, i fill the pots with compost and water them before the seeds go in, i then make a 1cm hole and plant the seeds, lightly cover and lightly water in. this way i don't run the risk of the seed turning over or being sunk into the compost when i water. Jobs a goodun :rofl:

Best of luck with the rest of you diary, i'll be back to congratulate you when you win :unsure:

Friday 24 December, Getting there now!

quitdatjibbajabba Thanks for the good wishes, i think i'm going to need it this time around as some are only just getting started. Nothing to do with the compost this time though only my crap germination skills to blame, At least some girls have turned up for the show so lets get the party started. :yep:

All the best with those tasty Bubblegummers.

Grimble Grumble Come on in, cheers for the sound advice. I germinate seeds exactly the same way you do and so this has got me really puzzled why all this has happened, i obviously did not compact the soil enough which is why the other 5 must of sunk :rofl: ,

On the subject of B&Q compost, its weird how some growers have lots of problems with it and others have none but i cannot blame it this time. Looking forward to seeing how this Plant Magic soil turns out.

Hang around, a few of the girls have just showed up. A bit overly ambitious to say they could win it but with a bit of luck they might put on a good show to make up for it.

All the best with your girls too, off to a flying start i see. :rofl:

Now 13 days since i put them in the soil,out of the 6 seeds i planted none of the Wild Rose appeared, Both of the Sweet cheese are here and no sign of the Snow fruit :rofl:

So four days ago i decided to plant the other 3 seeds, a single WR, SC and SF. Last night the WR appeared along with another Sweet cheese. :smoke: No sign of the new SF i germinated but still early days for it yet i suppose. :smokin:

And so to bring us up to date we have a single Wild rose, only 3 days old but looks happy enough and three Sweet Cheese ( SC1 at around 10 days old, SC2 is 2 days old after i dug it out from the soil so a very bad start fot it, and SC3 is also 2 days old which is the new one i germinated).

The first two WR i planted were disposed of because the little tips that were showing had died and shrivelled up and no hope for them.

On with the new picture of them.>

Left in pic = WR3 at 3 days old. (new one i germed)

Top centre = SC1 is 10 days old, looking good and due for a re-pot.

Middle center = SC2 only 2 days old and the little runt i dug up, not expecting too much from this one thats if she survives at all!

Bottom center = SC3 at 2 days old, the new one i planted looking very nice and strong.

Top right = SF1 not much hope now of her appearing now at 13 days since germinating.

Middle right = SF2 again nothing to see after 13 days.

Bottom right = SF3 the one i planted four days ago, all my hopes are with this one coming through good because if it does not then that means no Snow fruit in this grow :yep:

post-46705-1293164946_thumb.jpg

9 seeds, 3 different strains planted and only 4 came through so far, fingers crossed for a SF and then at least i will have each strain to grow then.

Sorry for the embarassing start Sweet Seeds, i've only got my poor germination skills to blame for this one. :clapping:

Will update as i know more. :bong:

Looking forwarding to this one Amnesia :russian: Mind if I pull up a pew.

I was having trouble with slow and failed germination. I'm pretty sure my problems were because I was covering the seed pots. The seeds cracked but then often stopped like yours, presumably damping off. Are you keeping a lid on your prop?

Merry Xmas :blub:

Nick Mack Thanks for the good wishes, no more did show up to the party as you will see below. Lets hope these make up for it. :wink:

mr rhino Cheers for taking a peek, the shows about to start.

net2-3 Glad to see you mate, I think my germination problems were down to pure bad luck, my method was to fill the tiny pot with compost lightly compacting it down along the way, water until you get run-off and then make a small hole 3 - 4 mm deep, seed in hole and lightly cover with a thin layer of compost and water the surface very gently, temps were between 24-27c and no lid was ever used on the propogator, as it happened 5 of the seeds had sunk into the soil which is why they all cracked but after i dug them out have failed to make it through :rofl: .

So back to Root Riots for me in future as i always had 100% germination using those all within 3 days.

All the best.

rubbabudbud I bet you are enjoying your well deserved harvest right now, great grow and diary too mate.

Drop in soon.

Just a quick update to say that no more ladies have joined the show since last time, so unfortunately no Snow Fruit in this grow as none did not make it through. :smoke:

So the confirmed grow is now 3 Sweet Cheeses and a single Wild Rose, 4 plants so not the end of the world and i've always wanted to grow a cheese and read good things about the Sweet Seeds strain so its turned out all good in the end with having the three cheeses to sample.

All 4 plants are doing fine even SC2 the little runt i dug up!, SC1 has been re-potted and overshadowing the others now.

I'm about to harvest my current grow so these babies will have the freedom of my main growroom and 400w hps in the next day or two and the crop dried in the veg tent.

Either tomorrow or the next day i will do a proper update with pictures of them in the main room.

All the best. :)