Amnesia's Sweet Seeds competition Grow Diary.

Amnesia

First of all lol to Sweet Seeds for the very generous donation of seeds and giving me and others the opportunity to grow out some of their delicious sounding strains, not to mention the amazing prizes on offer. I've not grew any of your strains before but have read lots of inspirational diaries and always especially wanted to try the Wild Rose and Sweet Cheese so i'm very much looking forward to sampling those fruits.

A huge amount of praise goes out to Joolz, Withnail and all involved at UK420 for making this great competition happen and the speedy posting out of the seeds to me :yep: .

:santa:

As some of you know i've currently got two Killerskunk nearly six weeks in flower in my main room so these babies home will be my vegging tent until the current grow is finished, because the main room is only 3ft wide and the same deep i've only started off 2 from each strain and my plan is for the final pots to be 4ltr's so six plants in total and the remaining three seeds will be done in future grows. I do like to do my grow diaries so i thought i would start this one off. The seeds have only just gone in the soil so as soon as anything happens you will be the first to know!

A run down of my equipment used and method.>

: Vegging tent :

Hydrolab90 Mylar growtent

3ftW x 1.75ftD x 5ft 3"H

:Tent Lighting :

125w Blue CFL ecolight

Powerplant Sunmate Reflector

tn_gallery_46705_2371_69043.jpg

: Tent Environment :

4 inch Ruck fan and matching 4" carbon filter.

variable speed controller.

Passive intakes.

2x 120mm PC fans connected to 800ma voltage adjustable 12v adaptor for air circulation.

Heated Propagator,hygrometer/thermometer

The vegging set-up is a nice stable environment with the 125w doing a very good job and the fan being quite with only a very slight buzzing which is no louder than a PC so i'm very happy with this set-up.

: MAIN GROWROOM SIZE :

Diamond Reflective covered 3ft x 3ft x 5ft (bottom of the room is shelved but i can go up to 7ft in height if need be)

: ENVIRONMENT :

125mm temperature controlled ruk fan(box modded,noise issues)and matching Rhino filter.

2x 6 inch intakes with 2x120mm pc fans connected to improve intake air flow.

2x 8" circulatory fans.

Thermometer/Hygrometer.

: LIGHTING :

400w Digital Lumatek with super lumen switch with Grolux dual spectrum bulb (super lumen only used in flower stage).80cm Parabolic reflector.

: COMPOST/NUTRIENTS/POT SIZES :

Plant Magic Soil.

3" > 1ltr > 4ltr.

Plant Magic Oldtimer Grow and Bloom.

Plant Magic Granules,Boost,Catalyst,Silicon,Bio-wetter.

Essence as precautionary measure.

tn_gallery_46705_2371_296528.jpg

:SEEDS: Nice packaging!

tn_gallery_46705_2371_127752.jpg

Sweet Seeds - Sweet Cheese

It’s a fusión between two high grade strains, Cheese x Black Jack. This genetic highlights the virtues of it’s ancestors giving a new twist to the aromas and flavor of the Black Jack.

It produces long central buds surrounded by plenty of peripheral buds also long and and of good quality. It’s high productivity added up to a new and revolutionary flavor with a slight taste of mature cheese and spice makes Sweet Cheese a recomended option for those who seek new flavors and aromas.

Regarding the effects, we have to remind that we’re dealing with the mix sprout of two of the big ones in cannabic engineering. It’s effect is strong and last long, inducing states of mind of euphoria and of relax widely recognized by the cutting edge growers.

Specification sheet:

Indica/Sativa : 30%-70%

Interior yield: 400-600 gr /m2

Exterior yield: 350-550 gr /plant

Blooming indoor: 9 weeks

Harvest outdoor: middle of october

THC: 15-20% CBD: 1.4% CBN: 0.4 %

Sweet Seeds - Snow Fruit

From Sweet Seeds we present you the abominable plant of the snow. It has a predominantly indica genetics, that in our opinion it has rarely been seen before.

This strain has an exagerated development of the lateral branches, because of this just one plant can ocupy a large extensive area of cultivation and produce by itself a huge harvest.

Due to it’s high development potential it tolerates and even it requires a rich mixture in nitrogen and oligoelements just like chelates of iron to prevent non desired yellowish.

It produces suculent and compact buds due to its big length calyxes, while it blooms it exhibits a charming policromacy in its foliage with shades of green, magenta, red, purple… It also develops a big mantle of trichomes in the flowering bunch and big part of the foilage during this phase.

It’s a strong strain, with a very short internodal distance and strong stalks that helps it to resist very well outdoors the strong gusts of wind. While fresh, it’s aroma reminds a mix of mint and fruits of the forest, with slight flavor of toasted almonds and humus.It’s effects are very strong and relaxing due to it’s high percentage of THC and CBD. Strain of high medicinal effects.

Specification sheet:

Indica/Sativa : 90%-10%

Interior yield: 400-550 gr /m2

Exterior yield: 350-550 gr /plant

Blooming indoor: 8 weeks

Harvest outdoor: end of september

THC: 15-20% CBD: 1.8% CBN: 0.5 %

Sweet Seeds - Wild Rose

This is a Hybrid of a little known variety in Europe but with a great following in Canada and North America, the Rosetta Stone of “The Brothers Grimm” gives the Wild Rose original fresh and citric touches. The another part is a HOG, giving it the sweetness of candy very characteristic and flavoursome.

Wild Rose is a plant with an Indian/Sativa hybrid structure very well adapted for indoor cultivation. During the first few weeks of bloom it will not attract your attention but after the fourth week of bloom it will surprise you with explosive fattening of the buds which can triple their size in the last three weeks.

Wild Rose is an easy plant to cultivate both novices as well as the initiated in cannabis growing will surely be satisfied.

Indica / Sativa: 35%-65% THC: 15%-20% CBD: 1,6% CBN: 0,5%

Indoor Yield: 400-550 gr/m2 Outdoor Yield: 350-550 gr/plant

Indoor Blooming: 9 weeks. Outdoor Harvest: Mid of October

As you can see very nice sounding strains, i'm a bit worried about the Sweet cheese and Wild Rose being mainly Sativa and thinking they may stretch a lot but we will find out, got lots of bondage gear at the ready anyway :) .

Be back in a moment with the first pic of them just gone in the soil. :skin_up:

Edited by Amnesia

Saturday 11 December, Into the compost they go! lol

I'm now using the Plant Magic soil as the last bags of B&Q compost (purple bag) i had was total rubbish so will never buy it again. Never used this plant magic soil before but the texture seems perfect with no rubbish found in it so far, it should be a good match for the PM range of nutrients i use but we will see how it pans out.>

post-46705-1292070707_thumb.jpg

So just planted the 6 seeds in the nice fresh compost in little 3" pots, now in the heated propogator in the growroom.

WR1 = top left.

WR2 = bottom left.

SC1 = top middle.

SC2 = middle bottom.

SF1 = top right.

SF2 = bottom right.

tn_gallery_46705_2371_184701.jpg

Fingers crossed they all make it through and Good luck to all in the competition :)

Will update the diary as soon as i see anything appear.

All the best.

Greenclaws, playingedges and Nu Jerzey Devil welcome to the grow, settle down and make yourself at home. Should be a good show this one with all these little pots which is a first for me!.

All good fun. :smug:

Nearly forgot to add that the white bits you see in the pots is Flytocell used in the Plant Magic compost, its nothing like that gritty perlite and has a smooth texture which breaks up very easily. I really like the look of this compost so far being nice airy and spongy too.

Lovely intro mate, Good luck with the competition, some lovely looking strains there, Sweet Cheese and Wild Rose are the ones for me I think i might just have to get some of those!

Hey Amnesia, nice selection there, i think you will like the PM soil, i changed from the purple bag after finding it both too hot for littlun's and full of crap.

best of luck with grow and comp :spliff:

Edited by monkeymagic

Thanks for taking a look everyone, not much to see right now but over the next couple of days we should hopefully see something.

I've noticed a few growers have recently had problems with the B&Q stuff including me which is why i'm using the Plant Magic now, The B&Q compost used to be good stuff but has gone downhill as of late.

All the best. :rofl: