6step guide to making your rvk silent

Guest leepy

Ok then im bullshiting this DOSE NOT WORK ffs everyone whos done it and said its worked mint must just say that to make me feel better eh .even myself if it dint work do you think id wast my time posting a thread up about it an how to do it .Do ya think iv nothing better to do with my time than post wank ideas up on here just to waste everyones time i dont think so chaps

Ok then im bullshiting this DOSE NOT WORK ffs everyone whos done it and said its worked mint must just say that to make me feel better eh .even myself if it dint work do you think id wast my time posting a thread up about it an how to do it .Do ya think iv nothing better to do with my time than post wank ideas up on here just to waste everyones time i dont think so chaps

WOOOOOOO...Down Boy... i didnt notice much differance compared to the differance of modifiying the ducting instead, could also be the foam, chill winston, people dont always agree bud... :v:;):yep:

You'll have to forgive leepy. He's an excitable sort. :yep:

Acoustics and hearing is a tricky science and at times, quite subjective. What sounds loud to one person, may not sound loud to someone else. The physical space and materials in it can affect sound and affect it differently at different frequencies. Different frequencies often have different propagation charachteristics. These characteristics can greatly alter what you do finally hear.

Air noise has several components and no one technique takes care of all issues. I've used Leepys foam box technique and it has helped, but is only one aspect of my overall approach to mitigating noise from having to move large volumes of air about.

• Like 2

:blub:, v.nice post m8 ;)

jus got meself a 4' and a 6' . . .the 6 is pretty noisey so been lookin for a gud idea. . was gonna jus do the box n bubble wrap but think ill go for the foam plan now

good shout boyo!! :yinyang:

WOOOOOOO...Down Boy... i didnt notice much differance compared to the differance of modifiying the ducting instead, could also be the foam, chill winston, people dont always agree bud... lol;):yep:

so sorry m8 im a complete wanker had a bad day at work an shouldnt of took it out on you buddy sorry

And cheers for that Randerlizer that put a smile on my boat mucka :Dlol iv been called allsorts of shit but never "an excitable sort" :rofl::)

Guest papaduc

Without wanting to get my head bit off as well, I actually agree with Neo.

For many of us, our fans isn't located in an area where it's running sound is not such a problem, it's the air whoosh at entry point which is the issue. That's the case for me too.

I am hoping that by attaching some over-sized acoustic ducting directly to the fan and running a length of that into the grow area will sort out my problem. It will, won't it?

Edit: But I will also be employing this method to completely silence my fan though, thanks.

Edited by papaduc

It will help. Duct silencers/mufflers help a lot as well. I use a cf, 3 feet of acoustic ducting to my foam filled box/fan, another meter of accoustic ducting, then silencer and then another meter of acoustic ducting.

yeh you can never have enough soundproofing in my opinion.

way too many reet nosy twats about eh,...fuckin ear up against wall shit eh!!

It will help. Duct silencers/mufflers help a lot as well. I use a cf, 3 feet of acoustic ducting to my foam filled box/fan, another meter of accoustic ducting, then silencer and then another meter of acoustic ducting.

FFS how the fuck do ya tell if its fucking running or not Rand :yes:lollol:(

WOOOOOOO...Down Boy... i didnt notice much differance compared to the differance of modifiying the ducting instead, could also be the foam, chill winston, people dont always agree bud... :(;):yes:

so sorry m8 im a complete wanker had a bad day at work an shouldnt of took it out on you buddy sorry

And cheers for that Randerlizer that put a smile on my boat mucka :yep:lol iv been called allsorts of shit but never "an excitable sort" lollol

No probs.... :rofl:

FFS how the fuck do ya tell if its fucking running or not Rand :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:huh:

I thought that was the idea? :wink: lol

Heat and humidity will tell real quick if it ain't workin' don't ya know. :wink:

Guest EdinBud77

Hi all.

Just a wee retort to thet bloke on his time of the month( Leepy is his name )

So I did the foam box wrong?! Don't think so! Followed the instructions from a post on this site to the letter.

Did not make one shitty bit of difference!

Changed from a Primair(shite) to an Airforce controller and low and behold.......no buzz, at any level of power run through it!

Also got some advice from a guy that fits fans/air-con and he told me that in order to reduce the sound of the woosh comin from the

exhaust you need to have a straight running from it that is a minimum of 5x the diameter of the exit hole,150mm in my case, so 750mm minimum.

I did this with a piece of acoustic ducting the length advised and jubilee-clipped it from the fan to carbon filter with a piece of camping matt clipped around.

Works a fuckin treat, even at full pelt it has reduced the noise by AT LEAST 90%

What is good for the goose is not always good for the gander gadgie.

EB77..........The Silent one.....

:headpain:

Hi all.

Just a wee retort to thet bloke on his time of the month( Leepy is his name )

So I did the foam box wrong?! Don't think so! Followed the instructions from a post on this site to the letter.

Did not make one shitty bit of difference!

Changed from a Primair(shite) to an Airforce controller and low and behold.......no buzz, at any level of power run through it!

Also got some advice from a guy that fits fans/air-con and he told me that in order to reduce the sound of the woosh comin from the

exhaust you need to have a straight running from it that is a minimum of 5x the diameter of the exit hole,150mm in my case, so 750mm minimum.

I did this with a piece of acoustic ducting the length advised and jubilee-clipped it from the fan to carbon filter with a piece of camping matt clipped around.

Works a fuckin treat, even at full pelt it has reduced the noise by AT LEAST 90%

What is good for the goose is not always good for the gander gadgie.

EB77..........The Silent one.....

:realcool:

FFS so what it dint work for you ..Its worked for me plenty of times an 99.8% of people that did it this way its worked :blub: heres a recent pm i got sent

Hey Leepy

Just a quickie to say thanks for the post about the expanding foam in with the fans.

Had a nightmare getting it done ( i think i should have a degree in awkward duck tape application) and used a fortune on the foam but i got there, all up and running and silent as hell.

Thanks matey my stealthy growdrobe is exactly that thanks to you.

All the best, hope lifes peachy

Volc.

volc i hope ya dont mind me posting this bro .

Guest EdinBud77

As I said, what is good for the goose is not always good for the gander matey.

In MY opinion it's rubbish and a complete waste of time, space and foremost cash when there are easier solutions.

So it worked for some-one else.....so what.......never worked for me.

Maybe you like the thought of being some sort of self made cannabis guru? Full of your own self importance maybe?

Oh great lord of cannabis, you are the all seeing, all being and anyone on this site with less posts than you must bow down at your feet and

know they are the lesser ones............erm.....aye right.

EB77

:B):