6step guide to making your rvk silent

Guest leepy

Guest leepy

Right people i came up with this idea about 5yr ago and it works a treat .But iv seen a few posts recently asking dose it work , is it safe bla bla bla

So iv just knocked one up for my new room so thought id show ya's how to do it it took 10 mins max

1st step post-13162-1243880967_thumb.jpg get a box the fan will fit in

2nd step post-13162-1243880983_thumb.jpg wrap the fan in a bin bag or cling film this is so the foam dosent stick to ya fan

3rd step post-13162-1243880989_thumb.jpg once its wrapped up place it in the box

4th steppost-13162-1243881003_thumb.jpg iv put the ducting on the fan to save time later make sure you tape around the ducting real good

5th step post-13162-1243881012_thumb.jpg fill with foam i normaly tape the whole thing up 1st but i did it this way to show ya it

6th step post-13162-1243881020_thumb.jpg rush like a fucker to get it tapped up b4 the foam gets every were

and there you have it one boxed fan :rofl:

• Like 14

shit hot bro,..do ya fasten it up whilst the foams still wet?...or let it ezpand out n dry kinda..??. :rofl:

Guest leepy

Forgot to add this is the stuff ya wanna be using post-13162-1243881992_thumb.jpg

no tape it up fast as ya like bizz then just stab the box with a pencil m8 to make sure it dont blow ya box apart if youv put too much in

PS DO NOT USE A FULL TIN

Edited by leepy
  • Like 3

leepy mate thats ace ,

nice one ,defo gona try that , cheers for sharing fella

all the best bud

stickyrussian

Guest New Flow

nice one

did one the other day just used bubblewrap tho

might give this ago wen i get sum pounds together

peace dude B)

hi ya leepy

great idea ... just about to get a new fan so I will use that ... as I'm here .. I can ask you a question ..... ok my new grow space is walk in larder its normal room hight and 5 feet long and 2 feet wide ... at the back of the wall at floor level and ceiling hight there are two 12*12 inch vents ... they work on the principle of cooling by convection (in the old days) and from inside to out side is about 10 inches ....depth ... perfect for air in and out ...but very close to a walkway (15 feet or so)

The problem I see is going to be the noise from the air rushing out side ....has not far to go ... so what I'm thinking is this .... if I use a 6 inch fan ... but use a long length of over size ducting say at 10 inch ... do you think this would decrease the noise as it has less constriction .. and use a length of 20 feet in a snake fashion so the air has longer to travel and hopefully less noise ? any thoughts on the matter would be help full ... as I have never had to use a fan and filter before as I always grew out in the sticks before now ......... or am I of the track ??

thanks

riptd

Guest leepy
hi ya leepy

great idea ... just about to get a new fan so I will use that ... as I'm here .. I can ask you a question ..... ok my new grow space is walk in larder its normal room hight and 5 feet long and 2 feet wide ... at the back of the wall at floor level and ceiling hight there are two 12*12 inch vents ... they work on the principle of cooling by convection (in the old days) and from inside to out side is about 10 inches ....depth ... perfect for air in and out ...but very close to a walkway (15 feet or so)

The problem I see is going to be the noise from the air rushing out side ....has not far to go ... so what I'm thinking is this .... if I use a 6 inch fan ... but use a long length of over size ducting say at 10 inch ... do you think this would decrease the noise as it has less constriction .. and use a length of 20 feet in a snake fashion so the air has longer to travel and hopefully less noise ? any thoughts on the matter would be help full ... as I have never had to use a fan and filter before as I always grew out in the sticks before now ......... or am I of the track ??

thanks

riptd

Bro my man HS was going to do the excact same thing venting though an old airbrick BUT the old girl next door to him had her washing line fixed about 12in away from it so i came up with building a bottomless box for ya ducting to go into put some rockwool from your loft in it an stick the box over the airbrick mucka hope this helps ya m8 leepy

ps im using rockwool in my extractor to do the same thing stop the wooshing noise an it works quite well

• Like 1

nice 1 leepy mate, think ill be trying them out in me new grow room,

think ill use some 1/4 ply for mines though as im gonna put a hook on each corner and hang them from bungees aswell

plus i got the ply and nearly a full box of expanding foam in the garage , only borrowed it from work of course :notworthy:

do you recon i should drill a few say 10mm holes , one on each side to fill it, or would 1 hole be enough as its expanding ?

cheers mucka B)

Guest leepy
nice 1 leepy mate, think ill be trying them out in me new grow room,

think ill use some 1/4 ply for mines though as im gonna put a hook on each corner and hang them from bungees aswell

plus i got the ply and nearly a full box of expanding foam in the garage , only borrowed it from work of course :)

do you recon i should drill a few say 10mm holes , one on each side to fill it, or would 1 hole be enough as its expanding ?

cheers mucka B)

GF a man after my own heart.......see it steal it save it ...:) fuck em mucka its the perks of the job aint it :wassnnme:

As for ya holes m8 yeah thats really what ya wanna be doing m8 an hole in 4corners just to make sure it gets in the voids i only did as shown m8 so people got the genral idea :D thanks for dropping in bro

Guest BioBuzz

If I'd the space I'd do that leepy. :D

You are an inspiration and I never would have thought of that by myself :)

Nice work mate :wassnnme: