All aboard the atheist bus

ninorc

you cant have an atheist thread saying there is probably no god, there is no god.

u cant say there is no god becasue u cant prove that, in same idea no one can prove he exists :guitar: what a paradox eh.

you cant have an atheist thread saying there is probably no god, there is no god.

u cant say there is no god becasue u cant prove that, in same idea no one can prove he exists :headpain: what a paradox eh.

Not really a paradox, it's just that we don't know and that, as you said, there's no evidence for or against either position. So, I'd say that there's no point in claiming that there is/is not a God or Gods.

My great granddad used to be able to turn fish into wine, I cant prove it nor can you disprove it.

I really hate the "argument" something is so because you cant prove it otherwise.

It can and most often is brought to propositus limits, but I guess no more ridiculous than virgin births, the world being made in 6 days and Adam and Eve all which have been proven to be false, by science.

u can certainly prove god isnt a bearded man in the clouds and that he loves everyone and everything plus a shit load of other things...pretty much everything in the bible tbh...

Guest grandad

i wonder what people call proof, i see the proof of a godless world everywhere, i never have heard of anyone seeing or having proof there is a god. my thinking is that people are scared of dieing and need something to hold on to so as to stop the fear, no proof dont make me laugh.

I really hate the "argument" something is so because you cant prove it otherwise.

That's argument from ignorance, it's invalid. For example: "Ghosts must exist because there is not evidence against their existence."

It's invalid because there isn't evidence for or against the claim, but the person is still choosing one over the other.

u can certainly prove god isnt a bearded man in the clouds and that he loves everyone and everything plus a shit load of other things...pretty much everything in the bible tbh...

You can't prove that at all, unfortunately. It might seem highly unlikely to you (as it does to me), but there's no evidence for or against it.

fuck science. science has spent trillions and trillions and have no proof of a first cause. science is destroying this world. should science be allowed to destroy something that science didnt make and cant figure out where it came from. dont think so.

god theory is better than ignorance and spontaneous generation.

gen ;)

well the proof is clouds are water vapour and not soluble... the proof is all types of species suffer horribly, specially humans, the proof is the bible was written by men, with no mention of dinosaurs or detailed explanation of this;

god created man in his own image, a superman created this... :rofl:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

however that video claims to know the size of the universe, which means it must be a shape imo most likely a sphere as they dominate the universe.

this is a must watch for every human.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

now this is about all i can imagine to be god/creator and every religion is insane after science, yet i was still taught it in school and given a bible when i left, rest witheld for critismn of jewish/arab history because the truth hurts some members.

Evolution and spread of humans

According to paleontological and archaeological evidence, hominids were already in existence at least five million years ago. Their skull anatomy was similar to their close cousins, the great African apes, but they had adopted a bipedal form of locomotion, giving them a crucial advantage, as this enabled them to live in both forested areas and on the open savanna at a time when Africa was drying up, with savanna encroaching on forested areas.

By 3 million years ago several australopithecine hominid species had developed throughout southern, eastern and central Africa.

The next major evolutionary step occurred approximately 2 million years ago, with the advent of Homo habilis, thought to be the first species of hominid capable of making tools. This enabled H. habilis to begin eating meat, using stone tools to scavenge kills made by other predators, and harvest carrion for their bones and marrow. In hunting, H. habilis was probably not capable of competing with large predators, and was still more prey than hunter, although s/he probably did steal eggs from nests, and may have been able to catch small game, and weakened larger prey (cubs and older animals).

Around 1.8 million years ago Homo erectus first appeared in the fossil record in Africa, but nearly simultaneously in the fossil record of the Caucasus region. Some of the earlier representatives of this species were still fairly small brained and used primitive stone tools, much like H. habilis. The brain later grew in size and H. erectus eventually developed a more complex stone tool technology called the Acheulean. Possibly the first hunters, H. erectus mastered the art of making fire, and were the first hominids to leave Africa, colonizing the entire Old World, and perhaps later giving rise to Homo floresiensis. Although some recent writers suggest that H. georgicus, a H. habilis descendant, was the first and most primitive hominid to ever live outside Africa, many scientists consider H. georgicus to be an early and primitive member of the H. erectus species.

The fossil record shows Homo sapiens living in southern and eastern Africa at least 100,000 and possibly 150,000 years ago. Around 40,000 years ago, their expansion out of Africa launched the colonization of our planet by modern human-beings. Their migration is indicated by linguistic, cultural and (increasingly) computer-analyzed genetic evidence.

all reigions and belief systems in which a central figure head is worshipped, including politics and the monetary system are insane, or maybe i am. ;) need :spliff:

Edited by Archangel

You can't prove that at all, unfortunately. It might seem highly unlikely to you (as it does to me), but there's no evidence for or against it.

Well a all powerful god would be able to take any form and as he knows what you are thinking would take the form of what you image "it" to be. It's pretty obvious that the white dude sitting on clouds comes from the same place as white Jesus and Mary. It's all very humanistic really and of its time.

The white male catholic church spent vast amounts of money paying great artists to spread the word of God by painting huge wonderful pictures of "him" Images are extremely powerful way of communication as they transcend language while giving a uniformed ideal to believe in. I'd say its pretty easy to give a strong case into why God so happens to look like a white dude, and I'm pretty sure many people have already done so, but it all comes back to whether you want to belief in a God or you want to use your brain. I don't say that as an insult but as a fact. Religions are so full of blatant paradox's only fools and lazy brains give them credence.

There is a huge difference between belief and knowledge and they both serve different purposes within the human psyche. Belief is a very powerful tool and without it life can be a very sad thing indeed.

And :wink: science isn't destroying the world, Individuals not taking responsibly for they actions are. The Milgram experiment is a classic case.

I was only following orders, I only work for the company and the age old well as long as its not me is destroying the planet and the religious apocalypse scenario really doesn't help :ouch:

all reigions and belief systems in which a central figure head is worshipped, including politics and the monetary system are insane, or maybe i am

the majority of organisms have kings/queens/pack leaders and humans are no different so scratch that...

a new world order with a one world king/president isnt so far fetched, the pack leader in this country is gordon brown isnt it :wink: