All aboard the atheist bus

ninorc

The term 'God' isn't targeting Christianity because the term can be applied to Islam and Judaism, seeing as they are also Monotheistic faiths

Of course it is. If we follow your logic, then people who worship that pasta space alien thing could be classified as worshiping 'God'. The term 'God' is used in modern English to denote a Christian God (as part of a Holy Trinity in some beliefs), 'Allah' denotes the Islamic deity, and I believe (although the spelling is a subject of debate) the terms 'YHVH or YHWH' are applied to Judeistic belief. Where are the posters proclaiming 'There is no Allah?' or 'YHVH doesn't exist'?

(The entire matter is irrelevant in any case, the law dealing with this is not related to discrimination against persons for their beliefs, it is related to inciting hatred of any religious belief. The nature of the belief is irrelevant, be it monotheist, pantheist, or even atheist.)

And as a rule atheists don't go door knocking to spread the bad news - people in glass houses and all that

What religion do you have in mind here roger?

The term 'God' is used in modern English to denote a Christian God (as part of a Holy Trinity in some beliefs), 'Allah' denotes the Islamic deity, and I believe (although the spelling is a subject of debate) the terms 'YHVH or YHWH' are applied to Judeistic belief. Where are the posters proclaiming 'There is no Allah?' or 'YHVH doesn't exist'?

It's all the same god, dave :ninja:

Edited by roger

Guest scarface

fucking christians, scientologists, muslims or whatever, they are all the same and they all need fucking locking up in a nuthouse together

how anyone can believe ANY of that shite is beyond me?

basing your life around some old fictional stories from donkeys years ago is about as gullable as it gets IMO

Edited by scarface

I don't know about aliens, but I was responding to the words of yours that I quoted.

How many Muslims do know of who believe in the Holy Trinity?

I don't know about aliens, but I was responding to the words of yours that I quoted.

How many Muslims do know of who believe in the Holy Trinity?

well, the trinity is still an expression of Yahweh, and that is the god that Muslims worship too, or am I wrong - explain it to me mate :(

well, the trinity is still an expression of Yahweh, and that is the god that Muslims worship too, or am I wrong - explain it to me mate

Holy Trinity is a Christian belief in which God is a single entity which exists as a communion of three separate parts.

The Quran (sp) is, I believe, quite clear on this matter, I think the translated quote is something like "They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity".

There are also numerous Islamic writers who are quite explicit in their belief that 'Yahweh' is not the name of 'God', but is rather 'Allah'.

Holy Trinity is a Christian belief in which God is a single entity which exists as a communion of three separate parts.

The Quran (sp) is, I believe, quite clear on this matter, I think the translated quote is something like "They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity".

There are also numerous Islamic writers who are quite explicit in their belief that 'Yahweh' is not the name of 'God', but is rather 'Allah'.

Now I know that the Muslims see Jesus as a prophet, they don't even say that Mohamed was god, so their not going to like other people being claimed to be such. This trinity idea is still the god of the old testament yes? the same one in genesis? call him what you like, but he's depicted as the same bloke in all three mainstream religions, oh bits have been added here and there, but god is literally the same guy in all of them.

Edited by roger

Without wishing to become drawn away from the main point (namely that Dawkins spreads religious hatred, and should be charged under the Racial and Religious Hatred Act of 2006), and becoming bogged down in the semantics of the interpretation of Hebrew script into modern day English, I would propose to you that when there is no agreement on the nature, nor even the name, of God, then they are not one and the same. The sharing of Scripture does not equal a sharing of belief.

(namely that Dawkins spreads religious hatred, and should be charged under the Racial and Religious Hatred Act of 2006)

Surely you're not serious there, on what basis would you have him charged?

His book The God Delusion alone is enough.

Aside from his religious hatred activities, he is also a thoroughly disagreeable person, stating that pedophilia is not as harmful as being brought up in a Christian household.

His words, and actions, are by their nature designed to stir up ill feeling about people who follow certain religious beliefs, therefore he has contravened the aforementioned Act.

His book The God Delusion alone is enough.

Aside from his religious hatred activities, he is also a thoroughly disagreeable person, stating that pedophilia is not as harmful as being brought up in a Christian household.

His words, and actions, are by their nature designed to stir up ill feeling about people who follow certain religious beliefs, therefore he has contravened the aforementioned Act.

I real don't think so there mate, have you read the book? Whilst we're on the subject of books causing hatred, wouldn't the bible fall into the same category that you think the god delusion is in?- surely that book has caused more trouble and hate than even mein kampf.

Please don't report me to the police!

edit for typo.

Edited by roger

God, an anagram of Dog

take religion and belief in a man made effigy, out of the humans lives, you stop famine war and religious extremism.

Its a Devil of a curse to intelligence.