All aboard the atheist bus

ninorc

take religion and belief in a man made effigy, out of the humans lives, you stop famine war and religious extremism.
Only one of those three assertions is certain to be true, mj! I think most wars these days are fought over resources and famine is usually the consequence of poverty and/or natural disasters such as drought.

I real don't think so there mate, have you read the book? Whilst we're on the subject of books causing hatred, wouldn't the bible fall into the same category that you think the god delusion is in?- surely that book has caused more trouble and hate than even mein kampf.

Please don't report me to the police!

I have to say roger, I am surprised that a chap of your own leanings is so familiar with the contents of mein kampf. :unsure: (inB4GodwinsLaw)

And no, I wouldn't even give him the 2p he would get if I borrowed it from a library.

(You may wish to, if you haven't already, check out a non-fiction work called 'The Dawkins Delusion' by Alister McGrath, which quite simply points out the many, many errors of fact and logic in the original work.)

I should also point out that I didn't say that I supported the law which gives rise to the situation whereby people commit an offence by speaking and writing, merely that, as of this moment in time, the situation exists whereby Mr Dawkins is in breach of the relevant legislation, and is liable for his actions. As I have noted, I see little difference between the situation of Mr Dawkins, and those of others who choose to spread what amounts to religious hatred, such as Fred Phelps. (Again without dragging the subject off topic, if I could, I would repeal every bit of 'anti-hate' legislation ever made. Such laws do not exist to promote equality but rather to suppress certain political beliefs)

Beep Beep!

The quieter you become the more you can hear.

take religion and belief in a man made effigy, out of the humans lives, you stop famine war and religious extremism.

All of those are caused by humans, not God. There's plenty of food in the world, but people have chosen to distribute it in a manner so as to create the inequality you speak of, not God. I cannot yet myself recall any situation in my own living memory in which God has declared war on any nation. I can recall plenty of conflicts caused by the greed of humanity though.

Guest dr rockster

Well who said "go smite the Midianites" then?

And kill them all,men,women and children but save the virgins for a good post pillage shag.

Some God bloke wasnt it?

As you will no doubt be aware, the background to the text you have chosen to quote out of context portrays something quite different.

The Lord tells Moses to treat the Midianites as enemies and to kill them (Num 25:17), and to carry out the Lord's vengeance against them (Num 31:3). Moses has a clear reason for killing the non-virgin women, they were the ones who had seduced the Israelite men to commit sexual immorality and to worship Baal of Peor, thus breaking their covenant with the Lord and provoking his judgement. As for the boys they would have died anyway because there would be no one to look after them. Given the option of a slow death from hunger and thirst, clearly God chose the merciful option of a quick death. The Moabites would probably have used the boys for child sacrifice (by fire) as was their practice.

fucking christians, scientologists, muslims or whatever, they are all the same and they all need fucking locking up in a nuthouse together

how anyone can believe ANY of that shite is beyond me?

basing your life around some old fictional stories from donkeys years ago is about as gullable as it gets IMO

Go round spouting stuff about quantum mechanics and you might be seen as a candidate for the nuthouse. Immaculate conception is ho hum compared some of the scientists theories.

Strange how many people believe in the law of Karma but not of a god type power to unify it. Humans have an almost infinite capacity for making the events fit their beliefs. So if they believe there is a god, the world to them behaves as if there is.

Guest grandad

many years ago during my voyage into the magical land of lsd i asked a guy in who was looking for converts, so you have me with my logic of the chance there is no god, and him with his illogical beliefs, he was confused with my game and i say if you dont want play my game you dont come to my house, they never came again.

Guest dr rockster
As you will no doubt be aware, the background to the text you have chosen to quote out of context portrays something quite different.

The Lord tells Moses to treat the Midianites as enemies and to kill them (Num 25:17), and to carry out the Lord's vengeance against them (Num 31:3). Moses has a clear reason for killing the non-virgin women, they were the ones who had seduced the Israelite men to commit sexual immorality and to worship Baal of Peor, thus breaking their covenant with the Lord and provoking his judgement. As for the boys they would have died anyway because there would be no one to look after them. Given the option of a slow death from hunger and thirst, clearly God chose the merciful option of a quick death. The Moabites would probably have used the boys for child sacrifice (by fire) as was their practice.

Oh,that makes it alright then! :unsure::yep:lol

Gods merciful option?

Blame it on the women and engage in mass slaughter and thats ok by you?

Truly sickening,again,a supposed Christian thinks its ok to kill in the name of their God,fucking genocide no less cos the laydee's woz tarts!

Edited by dr rockster

Strange how many people believe in the law of Karma but not of a god type power to unify it. Humans have an almost infinite capacity for making the events fit their beliefs. So if they believe there is a god, the world to them behaves as if there is.

Maybe that is because Karma (for want of a better name) is not some abstract belief system reliant totally on blind faith but a solid demonstrable reality.

Guest dr rockster

Maybe that is because Karma (for want of a better name) is not some abstract belief system reliant totally on blind faith but a solid demonstrable reality.

How demonstrable?

Guest scarface
Strange how many people believe in the law of Karma but not of a god type power to unify it.

not a believer of karma either dude, its all a load of bollocks and something people say when they get screwed over and cant/wont do anything about it :unsure:

Oh,that makes it alright then! :unsure::yep:lol

Gods merciful option?

Blame it on the women and engage in mass slaughter and thats ok by you?

Truly sickening,again,a supposed Christian thinks its ok to kill in the name of their God,fucking genocide no less cos the laydee's woz tarts!

Agreed Doc, some nice god who goes about ordering the murder of women and children because the women shagged some of his people and didn't believe in him. Not the kind of god I would have anything to do with even if he was proven to be real. Sounds more like a Sadam Husain, Hitler, Stalin type dictator to me.

• Like 1

Guest dr rockster
Strange how many people believe in the law of Karma but not of a god type power to unify it.

not a believer of karma either dude, its all a load of bollocks and something people say when they get screwed over and cant/wont do anything about it :unsure:

I agree mate,Karma might have a local action around you in that people see you behave well towards them and they reciprocate but its also true that very bad men prevail and flourish and make hell for others and yet these bad folk don't always get their commupance,plenty of old Nazi's have died in Paraguay and Brazil as happy men,certainly happier than a lot of their victims who survived so no,there is no cosmic law of karma,its a nice romantic hippy idea with no basis in reality.

I'm with you on Karma as some sort of religious or mystical type of thing Scarface, could not agree with you more. What I am talking about when I say that Karma is a demonstrable reality is that if you are a scum bag and spend your life fuckin people over you are probably never going to have anything because decent people are going to avoid you like the plague. Conversely if you are a generous honest person you should end up with a fairly happy life filled with people that love you which for me equates to a successful life. That is the obvious fact of Karma for me and more than likely exactly what Buddah was talking about before it was taken and twisted about to suit various religious purposes.