Amsterdam - Some Pictures

Hashishin

Well, got back the other day from a most memorable trip over to the Netherlands again. Mrs H.T. and I met up with The Villain and his Mrs, we had a few great smokes together and went around Haarlem for the afternoon, which was nice. I hope that they enjoyed the afternoon and the smoke, I certainly did.

Mrs H.T. and I was also invited over to Whazzup's place for the evening, he was a most generous host and a fantastic cook to boot. We were both made to feel very welcome by him and his girlfriend. First of all he took time out to take us around Gouda and Rotterdam which was an amazing experience and something I probably never would of done otherwise .

post-28825-1224347008_thumb.jpg This is Gouda main square with Church.

post-28825-1224347044_thumb.jpg This is the Weighing House used to weigh out the original Gouda Cheese.

post-28825-1224347575_thumb.jpg An old important building in Rotterdam, I can't remember for the life of me what it is lol

post-28825-1224347678_thumb.jpg Looking out to sea from Rotterdam Port, you can also see the Euro Mast on the right hand side. One of the tallest buildings in The Netherlands.

Rotterdam, a beautiful city in many ways but very different from Amsterdam. Probably because most of the centre of it was bombed to the ground during the war and then rebuilt.

Edited by Hardcore Toker

post-28825-1224348046_thumb.jpg Driving accross the most modern looking bridge that I have ever seen.

post-28825-1224351430_thumb.jpg A modern building at the end of a modern bridge.

post-28825-1224348197_thumb.jpg A different view of the bridge..... Stunning.

post-28825-1224348330_thumb.jpg Some modern apartments, excellent architecture in this city.

Edited by Hardcore Toker

@ Assassin69 have patience, the weed and hash report will follow.

O.K. back in Amsterdam now -

post-28825-1224348742_thumb.jpg Church on Haarlemmerstraat.

post-28825-1224348856_thumb.jpg Church on the Prins Hendrikkade.

post-28825-1224348908_thumb.jpg Church on the Singel canal.

I love the older architecture in Amsterdam aswell.

Whilst I was there there was a Dutch fair in Dam Square, some mad rides.

post-28825-1224350817_thumb.jpg

post-28825-1224350888_thumb.jpg

post-28825-1224350904_thumb.jpg

And no I didnt go on any, I have lost my nerve for that sort of thing. I also find that fair rides really spin me out after a smoke aswell.

O.K. Smoke report of what I tried and tested whilst I was over there. First off........

post-28825-1224351821_thumb.jpg1. Cheese - Sheeba Coffeeshop Amsterdam - E14 1 Gram

I only brought this as I wanted to compare 2 different Cheese's, one from the Greenhouse in the first smoke report and this one from Sheeba's on the Warmoesstraat. This skinks but not great, I have smoked alot of cheese in my time and this simply was below standard. It was a nice solid bud but I personally think that it had been scuffed as the resin content could have been better. Very over priced. Ash burned white, tasted like typical cheese weed.

Sheeba's smoking policy is only pure cannabis to be smoked near the bar and all other tobacco products are to be smoked in the smoking area, this is about 3/4 of the coffeeshop which has been sectioned off with glass screening.

Edited by Hardcore Toker

post-28825-1224352668_thumb.jpg 2. Kashmir Polm Hunters Coffeeshop Amsterdam - E9.50 1 Gram

A hand pressed piece and the lump that I brought. Great stuff this, I just love clean black hashish. Smells amazing and breaks apart easily with your nails, real clean and pure hash.

post-28825-1224352943_thumb.jpg Here it is under a 30x loupe, you can really see the resin clearly here. Hehehe

Smokes great and has a slight melt to it. The ash burns white and this stuff leaves a hashy taste that coats the inside of your mouth Mmmm. Great hash at a fair price, the best black landrace hashish that I smoked whilst over there.

Hunters/The Coin smoking policy is no tobacco atall but I have seen people using it in there but just keeping it well out of sight, no cigerette ends in ash trays etc. Some people that where sat near me and the mrs in there left because they couldn't handle my orange bud pure joints lol

post-28825-1224353398_thumb.jpg 3. Moroccan Iceolator Hash Katsu Coffeeshop Amsterdam - E20 2.4 Grams

A broken open piece on top of a pressed piece. Smells great like typical clean Moroccan, this stuff is real clean though absolutely no signs of contamination or crap what so ever, delicious. This hash gives a slight melt when touched with a lighter.

post-28825-1224353649_thumb.jpg Here it is under a 30x loupe.

The ash burned a light grey and it tasted great. I would go back for more.

Katsu's smoking policy is only pure cannabis by the bar and all tobacco product are to be smoked inside the smoking area which is about 1/3 ed of the coffeeshop sectioned off with glass screening.

Edited by Hardcore Toker

post-28825-1224354068_thumb.jpg 4. Crystal Clear Iceolator Hash Katsu Coffeeshop Amsterdam - E10 0.4 Grams Looks very oily, smells and tastes like typical ice hash. Quite strong high stoned effect, could be stronger and melt more, Hmmm.

post-28825-1224354291_thumb.jpg £30x magnified under the loupe.

Ash burned grey. A fairly good piece of hashish at an average price.

Katsu's smoking policy is only pure cannabis by the bar and all tobacco product are to be smoked inside the smoking area which is about 1/3 ed of the coffeeshop sectioned off with glass screening.

Edited by Hardcore Toker

post-28825-1224354876_thumb.jpg 5. Peacemaker Central Coffeeshop Amsterdam - E25 2.2 Grams

Great strong smoke, nice solid buds. I would actually say thit this was one of my favourite types of bud that I tried this time. Very resinous, solid strong stone with an exotic fruity type taste and smell. Smoked very well in a pure joint, gave me the munchies. This stuff stinks, the ash burns white, very good a lovely hybrid.

post-28825-1224355191_thumb.jpg It came with a caution label on the bag, and rightly so.

Central do not permit smoking of any type what so ever in their coffeeshop, whether it has tobacco or not.

Edited by Hardcore Toker

post-28825-1224355494_thumb.jpg 6. NL#5 X Haze Rokerij Coffeeshop Amsterdam - E14 1 Gram

A loose delicate haze with a creepy strong up high, way to easy to smoke to much. You think that nothing is happening then all of a sudden you feel like you have been smacked around the back of the head with a giant cannabis bat, and you are very high. Very cerebraly active. Burns white, tastes good like a typical haze, this one also gave me the munchies.

The Rokerij do not allow any tobacco products atall to be smoked in their coffeeshops, only pure bud or use the 'Tobacco substitute'.

I found centraal to be one of the uncomfyest coffeeshops in amsterdam when i was there.

Was always good to meet a few locals though, if you got there early enough to get a seat that is...