Amsterdam - Some Pictures

Hashishin

forgot bout this 1 if you looking for willie wortels indica in Haarlem its near this windmill so head for that.

enjoy all who are headin out soon.

post-30603-1213303162_thumb.jpg

Guest miss haze

i really enjoyed your pics.ive never been to the dam yet but will go someday.a few of my friends have been and reckon everyone is so laidback.ordering a gram of weed for the first time is an experience ill look forward to,followed by one of those lush looking cakes with the strawberrys. :unsure:

I am glad that you have enjoyed the thread Miss Haze, I was toying with the idea of doing this thread for ages, as those of you that see me on here more regularly probably have seen that I don't post many of my own threads that often.

Thanks to Growndome for contributing to this thread with some quality pictures of his own :unsure: .

H.T.

lol

post-28825-1213282801_thumb.jpg Counter of goodies inside a typical coffeeshop yum yum :rofl: .

H.T.

:spliff:

#

Bugger me looks like they they got mothers finest,do tell were it is

Edited by Themadhippy

i know where it is can i tell him??

O.K. The name of the coffeeshop with the counter in post #32 is Hunters Bar otherwise known as The Coin on the Warmoesstraat, there are two of them, one on either side of the street. This is also the place where I brought the Amnesia Haze from which can be seen in post #40.

H.T.

:yinyang:

post-28825-1213275700_thumb.jpg This one is of the bridge on the Singel which is near by the Grey Area coffeeshop, I believe that it is the widest bridge in Amsterdam. You can really see how the buildings appear to lean over in this shot.

My brother lives out there. He said they lean over, as when the locals move big heavy stuff into their house, they pull the object up on a rope on the outside of the building.

Thats why most houses have hook/wheels at the top of the building and it leans so you dont smash the object on the building. Its also why they all have massive windows as well!!

Edited by Jim_jim

My brother lives out there. He said they lean over, as when the locals move big heavy stuff into their house, they pull the object up on a rope on the outside of the building.

Thats why most houses have hook/wheels at the top of the building and it leans so you dont smash the object on the building. Its also why they all have massive windows as well!!

Thats right Jim Jim you can often see people getting large and heavy objects into their houses using this method. I wonder if there have been any serious accidents from ropes becoming loose with heavy items etc :unsure: .

H.T.

:guitar:

Hi whazzup, yes you could be right about some of those practical jokes and strangly enough I had visions of falling pianos going through my head aswell :D .

Thinking about the stairs it makes perfect sense why they would use ropes etc to lift belongings into houses and buildings, it is hard enough trying to walk up those Amsterdam stairs normally let alone if you where trying to carry something large or heavy up them.

H.T.

lol

hi HT and 420`ers, just a piece of useless information about the stairs. i read somewhere that in the old days in the dam your house was tax`d on how wide the front was. bigger front = more tax, and as a staircase in a house can take up a lot of room they made them steep to get the most living space out of the room they had. and on a side note, just back from dam at start of month. great weather even better weed. the grey diesel from the grey area was amazing. smell and taste were out of this world. here`s a picture from dam square, every year they have the finals from a school football tournament in dam square, hence the large football.

post-31923-1213365936_thumb.jpg

I have to say these are some great photos HT. Really capturing some traditional dutch scenes...bloody marvellous it is :D

That display is great...some of the nicest greens I ever tried were in that there coffee shop...if I wasn't so short of coins I'd be out there,supporting Holland with the football. lol Your going out there at a good time mate,it be a great atmosphere if Holland keep winning.

Hi there Timo Man thanks for dropping in and for the tip on the Grey Diesel, I will be sure to check it out. I thought that I had heard something about the stairs and taxes before somewhere.

Hello ayersy247 thanks for the positive comments, I tried to choose some pictures that really captured Dutch scenery and daily life.

H.T.

:headpain:

Thanks for dropping in Evans, yes I will be getting myself in trouble with all of the other UK420 members as since they have read my thread they are now opening their wallets and booking trips :yinyang: .

I will certainly be having the best time I can out there and it would indeed be good if I could hook up with whazzup for a toke.

H.T.

:headpain:

dont even know a said hope it Amsterdam is there even such a thing as a bad time lol

Don't really understand this bit M8 :spliff::mashed::nea::mashed:

Sure that you mean well though lol . You sound like you could be on drugs Evans :shock::rofl: .

H.T.

;)

dont even know a said hope it Amsterdam is there even such a thing as a bad time lol

Don't really understand this bit M8 :spliff::mashed:;):shock:

Sure that you mean well though lol . You sound like you could be on drugs Evans lollol .

H.T.

;)

think he saying there no such thing as a bad time in Amsterdam HT

which I would definitly agree with. After that 1st joint all travel hassles/delays/no luggage/ tired etc just slips away and you smile and look at ehe menu what shall i smoke next :rofl::nea:

eta: I must be on the same lethal drugs as evans :mashed:

Edited by growndome