Grobag's Hash Thread

grobag

nice thread grobag , good to see different ways off extracing using bho . i just use a "standard" tube knocked up with 22mm copper and a couple blank ends i drilled out . also use the same Morrison coffee filters as you :) , i cut em to size to fit inside the drilled out blank end and like to use 3 or 4 layers . from all the reading i v done on the subject , your the first hash maker i v read using carbon with bho ? THC is clear , but rapidly oxides to a darker colour , so chances off pure clear oil are very slim . light coloured transparent is easily possible though , using the right materials to extract from ie just buds , no trim and leaves .

have you read HmKs puring method ? extraction to vape in an hour! :smoke:

this is made using trim , its dark but still transparent when held to the light ...............

peace mate

post-7729-1177069036_thumb.jpg

post-7729-1177069090_thumb.jpg

post-7729-1177069145_thumb.jpg

Nice looking ISO oil there Johny. lol

Hash Master Kut? Canadian bloke. Ain't seen anything by him for a while, I used to post on Overgrow before finding this site and chatted to HMK, Phife and Ninja about ISO's and BHO's. HMK prefers BHO if I remember rightly no? But no mate, not seen anything for years now - I'll search it. :smoke:

Well... I got a mixed bag of results today really. Better, but still not right. Gonna experiment with cleaning the carbon before any more oil runs. I just did a bit of trim today and one can of butane (300 ml), then filtered through the (water washed) carbon in a double paper coffee filter into the vap dish.

Here's pics of yesterday's before I smoked it compared to today's before freeze purging (doing that now as I type). It looks a lot better, very nice actually - the pics don't really do it justice, but there is still a slight residue. lol Plus, even when I do get it right it won't be clear, just clearer I think. Here it is anyhoo.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_38675.jpg

previous run carbon filtered oil from grinder and vap dish

tn_gallery_5967_1015_57504.jpg

New Run carbon filtered from trim

tn_gallery_5967_1015_6699.jpg

New run

I'll keep you posted on how it shapes up, but I'm gonna stick to normal filtering for a few runs so I can make some jelly. lol

Worth a try eh, and still some more refinements to make, and TBH seems like arsing about now - I was hoping it could be simpler. :)

Hi gro lol

whats that you use to put your oil on some sort of screen ? :) looks Handy

Squares chopped out of a re-usable carrier bag. :smoke: The rim by the handle is doubled over with a handy crease.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_41390.jpg

What I make oil wraps from

• Like 1

Squares chopped out of a re-usable carrier bag. lol The rim by the handle is doubled over with a handy crease.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_41390.jpg

What I make oil wraps from

lol:) and there was me thinking it was some sort of none stick screen :smoke:lol

• Like 1

aye mate , same HmK . posts mostly on a ninjas site nowadays :guitar: .

I took a look, it's not the kind of thing I'd do mate. Basically using a ban-marie (hot water bath under the vap dish), keeping it on the heat occassionally to heat the water, using a lid whilst there, and occassionally heating the top with a butane torch to burn off bubbles, which readily admits aren't butane bubbles anymore anyway. 10 mins for every gram.

I just use the ban-marie and replace the water from the tap a couple of times and scrape it up. I then freeze purge as my prefered method, then let time cure it. lol

I had a little smoke of today's oil and am impressed in a way. This is what I did, then spread it in a joint.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_28309.jpg

Carbon filtered oil after freeze purging

tn_gallery_5967_1015_8433.jpg

Tacked onto a knife

tn_gallery_5967_1015_36424.jpg

Then warmed from below

It had virtually no flavour at all, but really hit the spot. As my bro said, it's definately getting stronger as more is taken out, but some of that is it's characteristics that you might not want to get rid of. 10 out of 10 for strength and stealth, but there's nothing to enjoy other than the buzz.

Guest dr rockster

Great stuff as always Haschich meister.

I know you are really into your haschish Grobag,but do you not think that oil sometimes loses the characteristics that were inherent in the bud from which it was extracted? :woot:

I've been thinking about that quite a lot recently actually Dr R. Bubbles and oils I generally find become a new thing, not very reminicant of the original plants they came from, yet each are still different from each other. Some oils and bubbles though I do find retain smells, tastes and characteristics - the Lot#5 oil is a very good example. Not only is it one of the purest looking oils I've made but it also smells and tastes fantastic.

It's looking pretty good aswell ATM, curing nicely.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_9758.jpg

Lot#5 oil At 10 day cure.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_25923.jpg

Lot#5 oil day 10

:yinyang:

For those interested, this is what I'm still doing with the oil. Every day I've been giving it another freeze and back to normal temps again. This helps it homogenise and make utterly sure there's no solvent in there. The bubbles are now air and THC volatiles rather than solvent. :yinyang:

tn_gallery_5967_1015_12877.jpg

Frozen during purge brittle so I snapped a bit off for the pic.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_46229.jpg

Coming back to room temperature I tacked it about on the plastic and it turned to liquid again.

• Like 1

Right, so I've been having another play around today and made the last batch of oil for the mo' ready for the jelly (finally :wassnnme: ). First up I rolled myself a joint of the bubble to get in the mood, then oiled the trim from said bubble run that has been dried out again. Here's what happened. :headpain:

tn_gallery_5967_1014_42869.jpg

Rubbing Bubble for a Smoke The starting lump

tn_gallery_5967_1014_31557.jpg

Squish it!

tn_gallery_5967_1014_34962.jpg

And Some More

tn_gallery_5967_1014_40198.jpg

Knead and Press

tn_gallery_5967_1014_61584.jpg

Think You're Done? Squish some more

tn_gallery_5967_1014_36856.jpg

Finally Pull into a Worm Bung it in a joint and smoke it

tn_gallery_5967_1015_27905.jpg

Latest batch When first scraped up, frozen and brought back to room temps.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_113932.jpg

After first freeze purge

tn_gallery_5967_1015_35314.jpg

After 3rd freeze purge

tn_gallery_5967_1015_11918.jpg

3rd Freeze Purge Brought back to room temps

I'm still freeze purging now.

• Like 1