Grobag's Hash Thread

grobag

With regards to the paste - this is the GREAT BHO that HMT posted just yester-eve. I bet this blows the 'Budderking's' (or what ever he's called) out of the water. The Post

The pic:

post-5967-1176717213.jpg

Hope you don't mind HMT. :headpain:

gawd that looks awesome

Sorry for people bored with what seems like the same old pics but things are a changing and I'm posting in a real timescale - part of the point to the thread. :)

tn_gallery_5967_1014_30194.jpg

2nd run, 1st screen Dark innit!

tn_gallery_5967_1014_67622.jpg

Bubbled trim drying for oil run Nearly ready

tn_gallery_5967_1014_92165.jpg

Drying bubbled trim closer Gotta be some goodies in there.

Glad your not hijacking the thread now FD or it might have been a case of

post-5967-1176726815.gif

:yinyang::yep:

• Like 1

Guest Gert Lush

Great thread, mate, as per usual.

I'll be watching, and occassionally emulating!

Still haven't tried BHO, but a ounce or so of skuff beckons... :guitar:

I'll hand you over to my coleague Mr Kafka and his great thread. Clickety click :stoned:

Best to hand rub black when doing it in small quantities - I love it. ;) As a point though - he would not have been able to make any kind of decent hash from fan leaves from immature plants - it wouldn't happen. The chap you describe would have had to use the essential oils he made to bind it so it would be totally different and rather crap.

Thanks, i thought that is what he did. I think he must of grinded up the shade leaves then mixed it with the oil he made...i think it is about as strong as soap bar today...

Thanks for the reply

Right then... I've been having a bit of an experiment today, and am a bit stumped. :ninja:

I won't post all the pics of what I did as there is no real point ATM, but this is a basic run down:

I put the grinder in the coffee pot for a clean with butane to get the oil. I also just poured it straight through the steel gauze in the coffee pot into a used vap dish to clean that aswell. The lot I poured through an activated carbon filter and paper filter. The lot was put back in the pot for another butane wash then refiltered through the steel then another paper filter before being vapped in a clean dish. The idea being to get clear oil, an elusive bugger.

So I've ended up with a clear as see through oil, but with a dark residue. I'm not sure if it's aluminium from the grinder or carbon particles got through the paper filter. :rofl: As I've not done it exactly like this before. Here's a couple of pics to aid explanation.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_103956.jpg

Bits and bobs

tn_gallery_5967_1015_40710.jpg

Carbon in filter

tn_gallery_5967_1015_70076.jpg

The Oil Hmmm.

I did the same with the grinder this time last year and made a very dark oil but I didn't carbon filter then, plus I've not used the carbon before with a butane run (I have no IPA right now plus it wasan experiment). This is what the oil was like last year, sorry for the blurry pic but I didn't have a decent cam then.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_3775.jpg

Last year's grinder oil

This is a link to The post at the time.

What do you reckon? Try a run with fresh trim through the carbon and see if it was ali, as it could be amazing oil without? I think I might try, but wondered if anyone had any thoughts. ;)

it does look very dark and i ant help wonder if its pick up some carbon from the filter on the way through.

Next time you make a run can you filter half of it though the coffee filter paper and carbon filter adn the other half through just the coffee filter, and see what the difference in colour is?

T1

It's gonna take a couple of runs I reckon for the game of spot the contiminant, but I'm gonna reduce two factors straight off for a run in the morning. Plus, I'll see what this oil does, tis brittle(ish) now but. My assumption ATM is aluminium.

I've already water washed a load of carbon in a seive, now out drying in the sun for tomorrow's run. Hopefully to remove any particles there may be. As it is activated filter carbon (for fish tanks, not air filters) I can't see that there would be particles that would get through a paper filter after. :notworthy: But last time I carbon filtered an ISO wash oil, I water washed the carbon first and it turned out good, so that's what I'll do tomorrow.

Also, by using trim tomorrow instead of the grinder, there cannot be any ali there. :angry:

We'll see what happens eh, watch this space as they say. The aim by the way is clear glass oil.

Edited by grobag

odd stuff gro - thought carbon was sposed to make cherry oil, not clear?

but as u say, I only ever seen IPA oil carbon filtered, never seen it done with BHO

also i thought the carbon hadd be crushed, not pelletised, tho i could be wrong again there

London refill gas made by Keen-Newport - near zero impurities.

Activated Filter Carbon by Supa.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_68512.jpg

Butane and Carbon