Grobag's Hash Thread

grobag

odd stuff gro - thought carbon was sposed to make cherry oil, not clear?

but as u say, I only ever seen IPA oil carbon filtered, never seen it done with BHO

also i thought the carbon hadd be crushed, not pelletised, tho i could be wrong again there

Carbon does kinda make cherry oil from QWISO, as all it does is take out colourants really. Crushed carbon = more dust, no other difference really other than surface area and you get enough of that in pellet form anyway.

Just spotted: :notworthy: Says on Carbon box:

remove any dust by rinsing in fresh water
;)

Always read the destructions. :angry:

what a bastard eh? is that what ay reckon did it then? the dust?

be good to see it done with washed carbon, clear oil sounds well interesting

have u seen that crap hardback book with that German geek called 'I LOVE IT'? he got a mad clear oil making set up in there, looks like it belongs ina lab, check it out if ya aint ,a man of your talents could prolly do it no worries

No I ain't seen that book. Cannabis Alchemy by D Gold and Marijuana Chemistry by Michael Starks are the books I based early knowledge on but they focus on the use of different polar and bi-polar solvents and various stages that way (lab grade). I've gone down a different path, wandering blindly, using kitchen chemistry, with only my brother to discuss things with as he's the only one I know who experiments with such things rather than expousing theory. Hence posting the question earlier in the hope someone else might have tried.

I reckon with washed carbon on trim and I might be on a winner tomorrow. :notworthy:

Well....bloody hell. Just smoked the carbon filtered oil I made today. I thought I may aswell to see - if was carbon in it, it doesn't really matter; if it was ali then I've smoked enough of that in the past through chasing on foil, so I smoked it. Maybe not such a good idea since I'm in work tonight.

It is actually a really smooth smoke that tastes like hash. Plus it is VERY strong, I'm really stoned. Here's hoping I can get rid of whatever contam is in there as it is an extremely promising smoke.

Fascinating grobag , thanks for enlightening us with your experimentation procedures , i'm soaking it all in awaiting my next crop ,soon too !

Cheers for the comments guys. I've made most things once or twice before :wacko: But carbon filtering BHO is a new one on me - my brother's idea to try so I thought I'd have a go. Just about ready to go on the second attempt now, just waiting for the sun to hit the garden. lol

A point about the first attempt though. I was expecting a higher yield, and even though it was contaminated, it was a tiny amount. I just put it in a one skin and shared it with my brother. It rolled us both and it has to be bloody strong to do that, we smoke quite a lot. Plus it lasted, a couple of hours later in work and I was still just as stoned. I hope it goes right today. :woot:

Also, a smoke report of the 1st screen really dark bubble from the 1st run. This one which I rolled out and smoked in a joint.

tn_gallery_5967_1014_104408.jpg

1st drying 2

tn_gallery_5967_1014_36606.jpg

1st run, 1st screen rolled

We were extremely impressed. :( A very spicey taste to it, unique, and smooth to smoke. I didn't have to do much rolling, just pull it and it stretches into worms. It was very strong but in a clear high kind of way, I became active after smoking it. ;) Extremely pleasant.

Oh, E2A: This is how the oils were looking yesterday. lol

tn_gallery_5967_1015_16373.jpg

Oil balls

Edited by grobag
  • Like 1

high there gro,

absolutely stunning work there grobag.

what a wicked thread :rofl:

i am eagerly awaiting results on todays experiments :yahoo: , i like to try different tricks too, i have gleaned as much knowledge from yours and kafkas threads to be able to produce these delights (although not anywhere near your standard)

i have some pics in my diary that somone said i should not hideaway in their and should post up in hash&oil. so i think i will do so.

i have successfully managed to use these tecniques with salvia divinorum too (that oil is mind boggling :huh: )

this tecnique with the carbon is a great idea and i will look forward to your next updates.

inspirational stuff.

pure hippy alchemy :smoke:

keep up the fantastic work :smoke:

peace :rofl:

merlin :magic:

Guest dr rockster
Carbon does kinda make cherry oil from QWISO, as all it does is take out colourants really. Crushed carbon = more dust, no other difference really other than surface area and you get enough of that in pellet form anyway.

Just spotted: lol Says on Carbon box: lol

Always read the destructions. lol

If you've any solid contaminants like the carbon dust could you not add IPA and filter with coffee filters and then evaporate. Grobag? :nea:

If you've any solid contaminants like the carbon dust could you not add IPA and filter with coffee filters and then evaporate. Grobag? :rofl:

Well that's like a plan B mate. I'm still not sure if it was carbon or aluminium. I've washed the carbon in a seive and dried it over night, plus I'll double paper filter it and see what happens. If there is still a slight residue, deffo being carbon, then it will have been Butane washed with that run anyway. I'll then run another can of butane though it without trim, filter it and see if there is still a residue before trying another oil run.

Hopefully I won't need to go that far though. Oh, and by the way - I don't have any IPA right now as it still hasn't arrived, but the point with this one is to use butane anyway because it produces much cleaner oil with less for the carbon to have to take out. :rofl:

Gonna do it now anyway, see you in a mo' :smoke: