Grobag's Hash Thread

grobag

I love it mate. I've got a load here now that I'll be using for the final rub up.

I'm glad I read this in context! :wassnnme:

To be honest mate I'm not quite sure what you mean by Budder/paste. I've heard the phrase a few times now but am not sure what it is. The oils will be mixed with resin on the main this time, I'll be making that later when I've got all the bits and bobs together. Is that what you mean?

:band:

Hi Grobag :geek:

well i tell you what i was doing when i made this paste by accident

i was making some BHO and i was letting the butane evaporate out of the Pyrex dish then i placed the dish on a pan of hot water to purge the last of the butane out then i was scraping the oil into the middle of the dish and mixing it together i then brought it off the heat and it just started to set like a putty best way to describe it would be marzipan that melts into liquid :blushing: i used 2 oz of very stick bud and i got 7g of paste strong stuff to ask RAZ :oldtoker: more easy to work with than oil nice smoke but it can make you cough if you have to big a hit some of this stuff made with good indica bud would be dynamite lol :wink:

Edited by HMT

Hi Grobag :band:

well i tell you what i was doing when i made this paste by accident

i was making some BHO and i was letting the butane evaporate out of the Pyrex dish then i placed the dish on a pan of hot water to purge the last butane out as i was scraping the oil into the middle of the dish and mixing it together then brought it off the heat it just started to set like a putty best way to describe it would be marzipan that melts into liquid :blushing: i used 2 oz of very stick bud and i got 7g of paste strong stuff to ask RAZ :oldtoker: more easy to work with than oil nice smoke but it can make you cough if you have to big a hit some of this stuff made with good indica bud would be dynamite lol :wink:

That's basically what I did mate. Plus I keep tacking it about now and again to release bubbles and keep freeze purging it aswell. It's coming along now though.

This is the state of the game as I speak in different lights - with and without the flash.

tn_gallery_5967_1015_51691.jpg

Curing oil 1 Lot#5 oil - different lights

tn_gallery_5967_1015_67331.jpg

Oil 1 curing Lot#5 oil - different lights

tn_gallery_5967_1015_19564.jpg

Oil 1 curing Lot#5

tn_gallery_5967_1015_19499.jpg

Oil 2 at start of cure ESBHaze

tn_gallery_5967_1015_64941.jpg

Oil 2 curing - day 1 ESBHaze

This thread is ace :yep:

Import looks lush, I'm sooo jealous ;)

Oil.. hmm

Made me get my bubble bags out today :yinyang:

On the off topic(ish) budder thingy,

In my standard J, I'll use ~0.2g of green (I'm sure most folk will use a lot more)

My green is maybe 10% THC, so 0.02g of THC per J (% is debatable...)

If budder is 98%THC I should get 49x0.02g THC hits from a gram.

Whether this would be the case in practice is another matter, but the maths work...

damn expo... really wanna go now lol

Edited by Fat Freddy

But if you look at his maths another way - His premis:

1 oz of fine herb makes 3 g of budder.

1g of budder does 33 hits - lets say 30.

Each hit is the equivalent of 2 joints.

The maths:

That's 180 joints worth per oz. Do you roll 22/23 joints from an eighth - I don't. :yinyang:

My thought = weak hits but possible.

E2A: I'll be bringing a selection to the expo as everyone will but it won't go round everyone. lol

Edited by grobag

That's 180 joints worth per oz. Do you roll 22/23 joints from an eighth - I don't. :yinyang:

About 16, but that's why my bud seems to last me 4x longer than most folks lol

I should really grow a bit more often, and make the quality hashes and oils that yous guys excel in from my prime bud...

woah... this thread has just deepfried ma noggin.

budder? what the hell? im so out of touch...

thank you for the sharing of science growbag. i wish all the best to any at the expo who smoke some of that shit. give my best to the floor boards :doh:

I've decided to start this thread for various reasons, the first being to test out the new gallery posting tool. :doh:

This thread will take a while to form as I make various things and post them up but I'll keep putting the various methods and techniques in here so that they are all in one place. I'll mainly focus on the hashes, oils and jellies that I make and cure, but I'll also be including all the imports I come across as a comparison to show that YOU can make better products than even the most seasoned regional producer. B) Forget Afghani and Leb from the 70's, UK420 is where the best hash ever produced can be found.

Ever wondered how a certain hash or oil is made? Pose the question in this thread and when I have the trim I'll make it and show you how it's done and with my own tried and tested techniques. Feel free to add any additions or changes you would make, that's the idea. With a bit of luck we could come up with some great new ideas between us. :rofl:

Hi, nice thred going here..I wonder if u can help me?

someone i knew a long time ago used to make black hash out of his homegrown, He grew his stuff in a greenhouse and also made pure alchohol and also had the kit to make essential oils...he used to make this black hash that wasnt very strong but was a really nice smoke...it was soft and squigy too

I dont think his plants ever got to the bud stage as he only sold shade leaves....

Any idea on how he used to make it?

any info much appreciated

Good health

I get 4 joints out of an eighth,if I`m lucky lol

Looking forward to seeing this paste,I really want to get into making hash after I made some iso oil recently,it was really nice :rofl:

Think I might ask a few growers I know to keep their trim for me because I know none of them keep it. Could be promising :spliff:

Burnage B)

Hi, nice thred going here..I wonder if u can help me?

someone i knew a long time ago used to make black hash out of his homegrown,it was soft and squigy too

Any idea on how he used to make it?

any info much appreciated

Good health

I'll hand you over to my coleague Mr Kafka and his great thread. Clickety click :smug:

Best to hand rub black when doing it in small quantities - I love it. :doh: As a point though - he would not have been able to make any kind of decent hash from fan leaves from immature plants - it wouldn't happen. The chap you describe would have had to use the essential oils he made to bind it so it would be totally different and rather crap.

I get 4 joints out of an eighth,if I`m lucky :unsure:

Looking forward to seeing this paste,I really want to get into making hash after I made some iso oil recently,it was really nice :headpain:

Think I might ask a few growers I know to keep their trim for me because I know none of them keep it. Could be promising :yahoo:

Burnage B)

With regards to the paste - this is the GREAT BHO that HMT posted just yester-eve. I bet this blows the 'Budderking's' (or what ever he's called) out of the water. The Post

The pic:

post-5967-1176717213.jpg

Hope you don't mind HMT. :)

Edited by grobag

tn_gallery_5967_1015_20214.jpg

Near Zero Impurity Keen-Newport London Butane

Grobag is this gas available through UK 420 as iv'e never seen it up my way (sunny N.W), i would rather get it from the 420 shop but don't remember seing it there !!!

Cheers Nick......... :unsure:

:headpain:

Butane: I've had a few people PM me and ask about this now. I got it from my local pound/hardware shop, but it's new I think as I've not seen it before. Made by Keen-Newport, says on the can - keen-newport.com. :unsure:

Harking back to the point on dry sift: I generally don't make it per say as the Crystal Catcher provides a tokers tax on the bud I'm smoking so I end up with loads anyway. This is from 3 weeks smoking White Widow on the main.

tn_gallery_5967_1014_39535.jpg

Crystal Catcher bottom A few weeks worth

But the grinder is a bit manky now so I'll be butaning that in the coffee pot to clean it and get some more oil. :yahoo:

tn_gallery_5967_1014_3200.jpg

Grinder needs cleaning I'll run butane over it in the coffee pot for oil

Oh and the Lot#5 oil is looking purdy today. :headpain:

tn_gallery_5967_1015_57289.jpg

Curing Lot#5 Oil