Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been using the sulphur burner and it doesnt seem to be working but im going to keep going and do the full treatment.

• 2 years later...

Ozone works brilliantly on LSF. Just make sure to use it only in an unoccupied room and don't go into the room for a couple of hours after it's turned off. It's a hell of a lot easier than having to make up a batch of essence every few days.

Edited by Artificial Emotion

• 3 months later...

Quick question peeps, wheres best/closest place to buy hydrogen peroxide? Is there any local type shops and what is it im looking for? Percentage wise and what to avoid? 

Cheers guys! 

• 4 months later...
On 5/28/2017 at 8:09 PM, Artificial Emotion said:

Ozone works brilliantly on LSF. Just make sure to use it only in an unoccupied room and don't go into the room for a couple of hours after it's turned off. It's a hell of a lot easier than having to make up a batch of essence every few days.

I've got a persistent LSF problem and noticed you have fought the battle too. Is Ozone the best solution for LSF in your experience? Any specific generator or method you would reccomend?

1 hour ago, dingo bingo said:

I've got a persistent LSF problem and noticed you have fought the battle too. Is Ozone the best solution for LSF in your experience? Any specific generator or method you would reccomend?

Essence works but it's a pain in the ass having to brew up the solution so frequently. Ozone is the best solution in my experience as long as you respect it and are careful when using it. Make sure the door is closed in a different part of your flat/house and don't go in for at least 1 1/2 hours after turning it off using a timer switch. I use a 3500mg per hour ozone generator for 20 mins a day and it seems to do the trick really well.

Edited by Artificial Emotion

12 hours ago, Artificial Emotion said:

Essence works but it's a pain in the ass having to brew up the solution so frequently. Ozone is the best solution in my experience as long as you respect it and are careful when using it. Make sure the door is closed in a different part of your flat/house and don't go in for at least 1 1/2 hours after turning it off using a ! timer switch. I use a 3500mg per hour ozone generator for 20 mins a day and it seems to do the trick really well.

Tell me about it! Sounds wise, do you run that 20 mins in one go (then no more ozone for another 23hrs 40 mins) ?

That sounds like a big generator too? I was hoping the cheap / £60 plug in jobbys would suffice with it's 7mg of ozone per hour - what do you think?

Cheers, DB.

1 hour ago, dingo bingo said:

Tell me about it! Sounds wise, do you run that 20 mins in one go (then no more ozone for another 23hrs 40 mins) ?

That sounds like a big generator too? I was hoping the cheap / £60 plug in jobbys would suffice with it's 7mg of ozone per hour - what do you think?

Cheers, DB.

I run it 20 mins in one go, yes. That ozone generator you're thinking of getting is nowhere near powerful enough. I would try and get a 600mg/h model from ebay.

Cool, is that enough to cure / remove LSF? Ah ok, do you really need that much? From what you've said I'm guessing we need a strong blast instead of a continuous gentle trickle? A well known chain of grow shops sell a 70mg/hr model for £185 but then ebay has small 600mg/hr units for around £30 - whats the difference? Would those cheap ebay units do the job?

Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated!

Also, did you ever experience PM's Essence not frothing? My recent batches haven't seemed to froth at all and I'm concerned somethings wrong and is letting the LSF get worse.

Got my ozone generator from ebay this morning, it's a 10W / 600mg/hr model and only cost £27 so I've got all my fingers crossed!

Before I got it I presumed they had an in-built timer but turns out they don't. Do you turn yours on manually every day or have you got some tech to do the job for ya?

• Like 1

On 16/01/2018 at 11:56 AM, dingo bingo said:

Cool, is that enough to cure / remove LSF? Ah ok, do you really need that much? From what you've said I'm guessing we need a strong blast instead of a continuous gentle trickle? A well known chain of grow shops sell a 70mg/hr model for £185 but then ebay has small 600mg/hr units for around £30 - whats the difference? Would those cheap ebay units do the job?

Thanks for your help mate, much appreciated!

You can't cure LSF with ozone, you can only prevent it. The cheap ozone generators are fine to use. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2018 at 10:57 AM, Artificial Emotion said:

You can't cure LSF with ozone, you can only prevent it. The cheap ozone generators are fine to use. 

Have you ever had LSF return since using ozone proactively? Or felt the need to brew up some Essence?

And how do you apply the ozone? Turn it on manually each day? It seems thats the only way I can use my generator.