Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

I'm struggling to find a direct answer for this with the search at the moment so thought I'd ask here....

I've treated my girl's LSF infection with 2 generous doses of Essence; if the LSF is gone will the leaves stop dying in that fashion or does it take a while afterwards for the plant to fight off the infection, and therefore the leaf symptoms?

Hope that makes sense, I'm high as an eagle from this year's GG crop. :hippy:

Bump. :wacko:

I'm due to flip the girls to flower this Friday but I'm thinking that getting rid of the LSF before flowering would be best, if possible?

Cheers, DB :smokin:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2nd grow in a row ruined by LSF, Intake is from an area with plenty of tree , sealed room , co2 ? seems to me the only way to keep it out.

One Question, if I get sulphur Hotbox, is it worth using essence or will this be killed by the sulphur ? Thanks

• 2 months later...

I wonder if putting an air purifier in the room would help with keeping the spores at bay.I have a good blueair 203 purifier that i use in my living area that can change the air in the room in 10 minutes filtering particles as low as 0.1microns through carbon.All particles that get passed through the machine and filter get electrically charged to,so if the filter misses them they get pulled back towards the machine again alot faster.I thought about using this in the room where my grow tent is placed along with a goodsphere water globe??

Just done a web check on the filter and this is what i found..see below..I guess it will be a good job in the grow area.Worth considering if anyone might be interested in acquiring one of these although they are not cheep and i would not have considered using one for this purpose only i had it.

Smoke Stop Filter

Certified efficiency 99.97% for particles down to 0.1 microns such as dust, pollen, bacteria, virus, pet dander, mould spores and other airborne particles.

Edited by NuVista

heres some close up pics.

gallery_36349_3573_189.jpg

gallery_36349_3573_7830.jpg

gallery_36349_3573_20719.jpg

gallery_36349_3573_15274.jpg

gallery_36349_3573_2998.jpg

Like with most on this thread IMO

You've got a micro nutrient issue.

Could be one of a few

Looks like maybe potassium which in turn can mess with your cal/mag uptake.

A good pottIng up will clear it I bet.

• 1 month later...

Wow, this thread's still here! Nice!

Yeah, the symptoms of malnutrition and LSF can sometimes be very similar. In my experience the yellowing happens first in the case of deficiency. LSF also spreads like wildfire...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

over here a lot of growers actualy pierce the stem with a piece of electrical wire (copper) and insist it is a one shot prophelactic against fungal infection (never had the bottle to try it myself.It started as an organic treatment against pheloxerah(if thats how you spell it) and is now a poormans treatment for all leafy plants like tomatoe and of course cannabis.this treatment along side Puran d'ortie(nettle tea well diluted is the treatment of choice for all kinds of pest and fungal infections

• 3 weeks later...

just noticed some of this bastard stuff so will do some essence tomorrow but one question - in the OP OT says ''Also do not use internal pumps with venturi valve for added aeration, the water being drawn through the impeller again will shred the fungi.''

what is a venturi valve? are they what are in the pump up bottles like an Aquaking or something else? would really appreciate if someone could enlighten me about the best type of bottle to use to spray essence as I dont wanna waste my time

cheers

... in the OP OT says ''Also do not use internal pumps with venturi valve for added aeration, the water being drawn through the impeller again will shred the fungi.''

That's nothing to do with the spray bottle, it refers to the type of pump used for aeration of the mix during brewing.

Use a regular pressure sprayer, but only pump it a couple of times and use a coarse mist.

That's nothing to do with the spray bottle, it refers to the type of pump used for aeration of the mix during brewing.

Use a regular pressure sprayer, but only pump it a couple of times and use a coarse mist.

ok thanks for that - would a little hailea air pump be ok?

Yes, with an airstone.

You can't use a submersible pump with an impeller, it's the rotating blades that shred the beneficials.

Edited by L'Emmerdeur

Yes, with an airstone.

You can't use a submersible pump with an impeller, it's the rotating blades that shred the beneficials.

alright mate cheers for your help

• 4 months later...

hi great thread here more people need to read it all Keep it Green not yellow

good luck Muddy

• 3 months later...