Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

;)

Great news! When I tried it the orange spots changed to yellow and then pale green. I'll definitely be keeping some tea bags around from now on.

Edited by RubyMurray

• 3 weeks later...

Hello my fellow green fingered friends. Just spotted in the last few days that my babies have the dreaded lurgi (lsf). I have one feminised white widow and a fem cheese. The cheese seems too be worse at the moment which is a bitch I was really looking forward too smoking this one the most. Been reading this post for a while and not managed too read it all but getting there.

So far Ive cut off all the infected leaves and put in more fans and i'll be giving the magic cupboard a good scrub tommorow. I was thinking on using the garlic method but can imagine you would probably taste it when smoking. I'm now thinking of using some chamomile tea, hoping this might work as i seem too have caught it early. I'm three weeks into flower and growing in compost, and I think this infection has slowed the progress a little bit.

Just wondering if any of you guys have had any kind of succes with the chamomile or would I be better treating it with something else now before it gets worse. Cheers for a great and very informative thread. Skunky happy growing xx

Guest thousandyardstare

I would suggest starting your own thread and get some photos up here first just to confirm you really do have LSF. Most of the time LSF isnt the problem :mashed:

• Like 1

Cheers guys, I did an early chop as I'd got LSF, if I get it in the future then THIS is a good number to remember - Thanx :mashed:

Cheeers thousandyardstar I certainly shall once I find the lead to my phone and get the pics of it. Pretty sure it is though but fingers crossed its not and fingers crossed its not something worse. Love the profile pic woaaahh that's a cute puppy lol cheers SKUNKY xx

Edited by skunky munky

• 3 months later...

Hi

This is my first post although I've been lurking for a while.

I had a bad case of LSF on my Hog babies I brought up from seed. I didn't know it was LSF or ever heard of LSF until tonight however when i found this thread, I actually had no idea what it was but it wrecked my plants. I thought it might be thrips or something or a deficiency. Anyway I threw them all away,cleaned my room thoroughly and bought some Power Plant cuttings from someone, everything seemed fine til yesterday when I saw the same tell tale sign of a repeat attack. I was in bits last night knowing my grow room must be infected but having no idea what with. It's the not knowing that is the most frustrating because you don't know how to treat the problem. Then I came on here an hour ago and found it,LSF, small acronym,massive problem it seems or is it?

Firstly thanks everyone for posting in this thread ( although I wish you never had to suffer the nightmare of an attack ) because I've learnt so much about the issue. I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel by the mere fact that I know what problem I have. So anyway my question is does Plant Magic's 'Essence' really eradicate the problem or does it just keep it under control slightly? I know some of you seem to swear by it and I will be getting some on monday, I'm just after a little re-assurance that my room is not infected forever and I will once again be able to really enjoy growing the herb without the constant fear of a return of the problem. Also could I use it as a preventative measure on plants in future? Do people do this and does it work to stop any attacks outright?

I know I've rambled a bit but you know what it's like when things go wrong,you just want to be told everything will be allright in the end ;)

Cheers_Minsky

• 2 months later...

after eliminating every other possibility, i am certain this is whats wrong with my plants.

i'll try this chamolmile method with my last lonley plant :(

but i will say this, since i've noticed this lsf, i've noticed it absolutley everywhere on outdoor / wild plants in my area. and i'm just wondering if it is becoming a major problem for all plant species and also, how 'contagious' is it? i.e can spores remain airborne for sometime etc.

such a narsty thing to deal with all in all :ouch:

good luck everyone

:lucky:

xxxx

If it is LSF get some Plant Magic essence.

It acts as a barrier and prevents infection/reinfection, and it's good stuff even if you don't have LSF.

Personally, I don't think it's everywhere, I just think that every problem which causes necrosis of the leaves gets blamed on LSF.

probably me just being paranoid then...

the chamomile tea appears to be having some effect :)

although i did remove several plants and have removed a younger plant because it seemed to have no effect.i kept my remaining plant in flower cupboard as it had only on a few leaves wich i removed.

can you use essence once flowering is establihed?

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

lsf back slightly....

but nowhere near as intense...i reckon its the chamomile.

but one thing i have learned...

avoid spraying anything at all times...(this disease is spread by rain fall misting etc)

avoid overwatering at all times.

avoid over humidity at all times.

mmmmmm....

only time will tell i reckons.

hiya perlzgirl - yes you can use Essence once flowering's begun :yes: I've used it up to about week 6-7 with no ill-effects. I believe ot1 said something about it containing something which combats botrytis as well as lsf etc :starwars:

best of luck :lucky:

if/when it comes back yes again i will.

i've removed the few leaves it was on as and when they came through this time.

and gave the tea solution.

think am gona give the room and surrounding area another cleanse and dry out.

am gona get some essense next week.

but my question for this also is......

is it a spray?

becuase won't the damp affect the mould?

and also any idea on what it is made up of?

the essense?

it makes me giggle like a little kid bcos it sounds like something a male species would give you in the face if they loved you very much.

like.....'urgh!! darling careful you've got essence all over me lady garden'

hahahahahahaha

sorry.

x