Combatting Leaf Spot Fungal Infection.

eri

If it's lsf then the essence deffo slows it down dude and you should still get a bully harvest :guitar: Just make sure you give your grow space and equipment a thorough cleaning before you start your next grow and to use the essence periodically as a preventative on your next plants, it can be a bugger if your not carefull :wassnnme:

• 2 months later...

bish have you ever used this its very similar to dithane only in liquid form

I've a committed fan of this brand of Systhane - I comes with a resin that coats the leaves, leaving a long lasting protective shield, and also makes them lovely and shiny,

I've been having big problems with mould killing clones and some of my favourite mother plants.

I've had a complete clean out - everything including shades have been washed and scrubbed with bleach and rinsed. Dried off, they are re-installed, then are then sprayed first with Bob Martin's Flea and Tick spray - a fearsome and poisonous pet-pest killer for furniture and carpet (The Borg are never far from my mind and this works a treat - it is persistent and claims several months protection,

When this is dried, then the whole room and equipment is sprayed with Systane at 200ml per litre of water - until everything is finely coated, This is then left to dry.

The plants get the top 1cm of soil scraped off and replaced with fresh (and avoid that crappy peat free shit from the supermarkets - it's just half-digested grass clippings - and it comes with the most frightening range of moulds) and then they are sprayed with a very fine mist from underneath until run off and the over the top until run off.

When you attack any pest problem, go in hard with the cold steel, screaming Allah Akbar. Give No quarter.

Edited by TheEnglishGardener

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Where Angels Play

What ratio should I be looking at for a leaf spray using Systhane fungus fighter ?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've said this before but a good clean up , be vigilant. Take off all affected leaves or they will spread spores and get a sulphur vaporiser which also helps with mould and the Borg and fungus gnats . what's not to like. ? The systhane has a limited use as the fungus will acclimatise to it after a while. Happy hunting :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok folks, i didnt want to start a whole new topic for this, but its doing my head right in, so thought i would post here in the hope of a few replies.

I'm basically looking for confirmation. Simple question, is this LSF?

gallery_54285_2938_9339.jpg

Closer up,

gallery_54285_2938_72254.jpg

gallery_54285_2938_42406.jpg

gallery_54285_2938_91792.jpg

gallery_54285_2938_87661.jpg

gallery_54285_2938_30812.jpg

New growth is great for a few weeks but then 2-3 weeks after sprouting the spots appear, then the leaves yellow/brown off and die.

Here's the last couple of pics

gallery_54285_2938_29580.jpg

gallery_54285_2938_131227.jpg

Can anybody confirm this for me please? If it is i will get some essence in and try that.

Temps are the best they ever been, airflow too, roots look healthy, dont know what else it could be????

Thanx in advance all,

Dodgee

• 2 weeks later...

just checked the tent since friday & yep, you've guessed it, i've got bloody LSF.

im growing 9 Killers in the tent & 2 or 3 have it, though im fully expecting the lot to get it now as they came of the same mother,

it gets worse :wallbash: all my clones in the cab are showing early signs too, all 20 of them :headpain:

the plants in the tent are now 3 1/2 weeks in to flowering & i think im ok to give them a spray or two of essence

?

either way, theyre getting a spray tomorrow.

Edited by Joint hogger

guess who canny count :doh:

gallery_36349_3573_40993.jpg

i've got 21 not 20 :wink:

as i said, the girls are from the same KS mother & they'll probably all be prone to LSF but luckily

i'd a tub of essence at hand so i started brewing 4ltrs of water last night for a few hours to declorine it

& heat it up to 30c before i added the essence, 2t spoons of essence, 2ml of bio wetter & added 3ml of catalyst

per ltr when i filled the sprayer.

some of the Girls getting ready in the spray booth.

gallery_36349_3573_16146.jpg

& after a spraying.

gallery_36349_3573_13122.jpg

& heres a selection of some of the leafs i cut off, left to right in scale of 1 to 5 damage.

gallery_36349_3573_11385.jpg

• 1 month later...

LSF has my girls and I am wondering if anyone knows how I can get my hands on some Plant Magic Essence in the States? It seems I’ve been searching for hours for a product containing phylloplane bacteria with no luck.

I have some Plant Success Soluble which contains Tricoderma k. & Tricoderma h. Doesn’t say to use as foliar app.

I did just use some SNS 244 on the veg girls and clones, but if this is going to persist if not constantly maintained I need to go the organic way =)

I got this :skin_up:

Seranade = “Used by many of the largest conventional, sustainable and organic growers in the world, SERENADE® consistently helps growers win the battle against fungal and bacterial diseases. SERENADE contains a unique, patented strain of Bacillus subtilis (strain QST 713) which provides over 30 different lipopeptides that work synergistically to destroy disease pathogens and provide superior antimicrobial activity. It protects vegetables, fruit, nut and vine crops against diseases such as Fire Blight, Botrytis, Sour Rot, Rust, Sclerotinia, Powdery Mildew, Bacterial Spot and White Mold. Quality controlled formulation and state of the art manufacturing adds to SERENADE's consistent performance. SERENADE is available as either liquid or dry formulations.”