Hashish/weed Reports

Big - L

last time to dam i feel, the bud was of a top quality however, was alot worse than a few years back and far to expensive.(stay at home and grow your own)

Amnesia haze - im not quite sure what happend to this strain over there. After trying atleast 5 different amnesia hazes over there, not 1 matched up to the standards of a year back. Really really dissapointed

LSD - probs the nicest tasting bud over there i tryed. Nice high if not a little too mongy

LA con - one of the best out there, taste and high.

Casey jones - after hearing tons about it on here tryed it Grey Area, and altho the high was great the taste was standard.

G13 haze - The best high in dam imo. Real uplifting giggly high with a plesent taste

Mexican haze - heard loads about this strain, was very tasty and a nice high. would recomend

nevilles haze - standard

There were loads more strains over there i tryed but nothing really worth putting in here.

Weeds we Smoked.

On a beautiful..quiet (yet fecking cold) week in Febuary we set off for a week in the Dam. Thought I would post this for all you happy tokers off to sample some of the Dam's finest greenery, during the summer.

You will see a pettern emerge as to where we bought our stuff. This was because of good deals, good smoke and a friendly service.....and it was directly opposite the Hotel we were staying in...which after a visit was extremely helpfull.

Fantastic Report!!

I am going next month and I will smoke some of your list.

Cheers,

-happy

:rofl:

• 1 year later...

Amsterdam Report - July 2011

Coffee Shop - De Dampkring (former Pink Floyd)

Great coffee spot ... very modern, hit the top floor and sit by 'em big windows :) Nothing better to smoke to... random tv screens with trippy clips and alright movie (would rather enjoy some pink floyd or some local Focus) Best apple juice and cake in the Dam!!

- Cheese: really good... outstanding high.

- Shahrazad (Hash): tasty and very soft... easy to roll and very good couch-lock <3

- Sheeba (Hash): bleh... disappointing and shitty flavour, still i got quite stoned... :D

Coffee Shop - Bluebird

Local looked dark and cramped. Smokers room (For tobacco smokers only) was literally a shit hole. Just buy your shit there and smoke it outside or somewhere else...

- Super Silver Haze: quoting Pineapple express, "hands in the air, dopest dope i've ever smoked", very powerful mind blast ... A single joint managed to knock me out... ¡¡¡Viva a la sativa!!

Basjoe

Great place ! The tables outside were amazing so you could chill out and have your smoke :) Chess tables available and some other games... run by some hardcore 'blacks' .. very polite and hilarious, best service...

- Ak-47: competing with the s. s. haze... but still not as powerful. Would recommend this one for a more social high, as you aren't as spaced out and paranoid as with the other...

Coffee Shop - Rusland

Local looked cool but i was disappointed. The waitress behaved weirdly...then i noticed she was smoking a MASSIVE spliff ... xD excellent capuccinos..

- White Widow: bleh. wouldn't get it again.

• 1 month later...

one of my favourites in the dam is isolater, soft,strong and lasts for long ! just kike andrex but with better affects and no shit lol ! melts in the hand from body heat. its a very smooth smoke indeed and well worth going back for more and more and more. :mashed:

• 2 weeks later...

the cheapest coffee shop in the dam i found is ''La Tertulia'' on Johnny Jordansplein. Very good choice is very good and they have some very nice purple haze too .

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm there tomorrow, I am looking for a very good pure Sativa and some imported hash (Sativa type). I was going to by the Mexican Haze from Dampkring, is this good?

Dampkring does have a large range of sativas to choose from but it quite expensive because there right in the centre. I can recommend the champagne haze from club media, cerez hilton from dampkring and the honey hash from prix d'ami was lovely. Utopia and voyagers always have a decent range aswell. Have fun mate

• Like 2

Cheers Mr H

Are the Indian imported hash's just bollocks, or are they really imported? I mean, are they actually the real deal? I guess I will be able to tell as I used to get good Charas Temple Ball here in London so I know what I am looking for with regards to Nepal and Indian hash.

Edited by Comrade Stoker

Yes as far as I know mate, Almost forgot the purple westside from het balloon coffeeshop was a lovely sativa very clear high.

Edited by Mr Herbert
  • Like 1

I'm more excited for my missus, she wasn't smoking herb when I was getting the Temple Ball stuff, now she's a born again herb smoker, she's got all the good stuff to look forward to when we get there.

We went to quite a few different coffee shops this weekend, but the best by far is 420 Cafe. Between me and the missus, we bonged just under 7 grams of fine hashish and 3 grams of Nevilles Haze (Pure Sativa).

420 Cafe has plenty of bongs that are always spotless and the staff are really nice. The coffee is reasonable too @ 1.50 a cup. I was bonging the hash like it was going out of fashion, I could happily sit in there for 3 or 4 hours bonging that hash. I would recommend that coffee shop over any of the other we visited. We did find a nice one called Old Amsterdam Coffee Shop, it lacked any real facilities (Just had a vending machine), but the bloke inside was cool and his Maroc Caramello was groovy.

Edited by Comrade Stoker
  • Like 1

Great bakery opposite 420 cafe, they used to have a pool table down the bottom (they also used to sell beer lol )

They are more than happy for you to grab something tasty from the bakery opposite and munch it in the CS. Neville's Haze was lovely last time I went to 420 cafe (about 10 years ago!).

I couldn't be arsed with the bakery across from the cafe, I didn't think it looked that appetising. We went to the Cheese Factory for food, it wasn't bad but it certainly didn't live up to expectations as the interior decor is brilliant in that place, but the food is very average. We ate very little in the last few days, I guess Sativa herbs are good for suppressing appetites, every time I felt hungry I loaded the bong and it was all OK.

• 7 months later...

Just back from a long weekend in dam (24 to 28 April 2014) and a little feedback...

Coffeeshop: Prix d'ami just off damrak

Tahoe og- one gram, average looking nug, dirty smell, reasonable taste and average kush hit/effect 6.5/10

Honey hash-one gram. Moroccan hash, blonde/mid brown flecks/centre but mainly chocolate brown colour outer with a glisten, bubbles when a flame put close to the surface. Nice smooth taste, slightly sedating stone. 6.5/10

Coffeeshop: Green Place nieuwmarkt

Sour diesel- one gram, nice dense nug with a similar sour diesel aroma to ecsd cut and crosses I've grown and smoked. Lovely aroma when burned. Not sour in aroma or flavour. Slightly indica head stone and quite flavoursome. 7/10

Blue cheese- one gram, broken buds nice blueberry cheese aroma, loose buds possibly lowers. Average hit, I've smoked far harder hitting phenos of blue cheese. Although smelling very blueberry and cheesy the flavour was that of a watered down cheese and slight hints of blueberry with a diluted hit/stone. 6/10

Shoreline- one gram, probably one of the nicest smelling buds I'd come across and very similar to a shoreline cross I've grown. Not the most dense of nugs but all one piece. Smoked as it smelled, a fuzzy kushy effect, a pleasant daytime smoke. 7/10

Coffeeshop: Goa nieuwmarkt

Red Lebanese- two grams imported hash/pollen. Similar texture to a blonde pollen with that granular feel either when heated and broken up or broken up when cold. A much browner colour than your normal blonde pollen. Surprisingly smooth smoke with an average pollen flavour. Not a great effect and over priced considering other local hash alternatives. 5.5/10

Coffeeshop: Bluebird nieuwmarkt

Strawberry diesel- one gram, smelled amazing and was intending to buy their super skunk until smelling this. Not the best looking nug but plenty frosty and unadluterated. Hugely disappointed as this weed was tainted in flavour, more likely to be from force drying. So any form of positive feedback stops here. Shame as pals had other lovely weed draws of other strains from this shop over different days and very helpful staff and a nice oldskool kinda community/locals shop. 0/10

Coffeeshop: Dampkring warmostraat

Noon- one gram rifman Moroccan hash. A little dark and fudgey looking hash. Definitely a cold non hydraulically pressed hash. Very subtle flavours, slightly spicy, second billing on the rifman price list (tried the top priced and even nicer) a reasonable indica hit. One of the nicer hashes and despite brining with that oily aggressive smoke cloud the smoke was impressively smooth. 7/10

Blue chemdawg- one gram, no real aroma, bottom of tub scrap on appearance. No noticeable flavour or effect. A real let down for such an established shop. One pal bought the oceans twelve and had a similarly poor experience and shoddy looking weed, another pal had some very nice looking and smelling jack black. But for the blue chemdawg a embarrassing 1.5/10

Coffeeshop: Greenhouse warmostraat

Herijuana- one gram. Nice dense chunky single nug. No real aroma, no real taste. Generally a slightly sedating stone. 5.5/10

Coffeeshop: Barneys warmostraat

Liberty melt- half gram, black looking glittery glass, rock hard, expensive, top priced isolator/wax/shatter. Nice fuzzy effect, reasonable flavour but slightly harsh. Not worth the price tag. 5/10

Laughing budda- one gram, two small dense nugs with a little frost a a slight earthy smell. No real pronounced flavour, a slightly sedating stone which for a sativa x sativa cross confused me. 6/10

Coffeeshop: Grey area

La confidential- two and a half grams. Lovely chunky rock hard nugs. I think the cut/pheno used is one of the better tasting la con phenos but not quite retaining the heavy indica punch of other phenos, but lovely la affie flavour and sleepy all over body and head hitting stone. One of the best bits of bud all weekend and would be happy with this in my jars back home. Not a pronounced in your face aroma say compared to shoreline but don't over look the la confidential. 8.5/10

Blue dream- one gram, listed as a stoney weed which I thought odd as blue dream is a blueberry haze and not really renowned for being a ko stone effect. Bags of aroma, real old skool blueberry jammy aroma with a slight powdery back note. Reminded me of huckleberry kush by dynasty or blubonic by spice of life seeds. The flavour transpired into the taste. Not very stoney but a practical effect, good for daytime or early evening. Quite taken by this weed. Well presented single nug, a little loose but pale and frosty. 8/10

The Wobbler- one gram, very dense indica nug, no pronounced aroma and very little info on it as a strain or parentage. Very kushy in taste, actually a very tasty kush and in no way citrus. Smoking it in the daytime can make you wobble but can get tolerant to fairly quickly. 8/10

Coffeeshop: Voyagers

Sour power- one gram, broken up in four pieces. Strong sour diesel aroma, reasonably frosty, not that dense. Smoked very similar to the sour diesel at green place. More sativa in effect in comparison to the sour diesel at green place. Again not very sour in aroma or flavour 7/10

Coffeeshop: Hunters (behind grasshopper)

Og kush- one and a half grams. Either a very honest bud tender or one whom wanted to sell me alternative strains to my intial choices. Wanted sensi star but was informed it was shit, was recommended various kushes but settled on a dense pretty one and a half gram nug of og kush. Nice kush taste, again not citrus, typical kushy fuzzy stone. 8/10

King hassan- Morrocan hash, pale looking both on the outer and inner. Moist and not dusty, quite fresh, smooth and a nice sedating stone. Not a melt but not granular. 8/10

Coffeeshop: Amnesia

Amnesia haze- one gram, quite loose bud, not too pronounced on aroma but defo can smell the haze odours. A smooth, pleasant and moreish flavour, not as instense as I remember amnesia haze. A very pleasant kinda euphoric effect, great for daytime smoking in public places, not as intense buzz as I recall either. 7/10

Coffeeshop: Stones corner coffee shop

Girl Scout cookies x casey jones- one gram, spotted this early on in the trip but wasn't getting taken in by a fashion weed, especially in a Girl Scout cookie cross even I'd not heard of. But on the last day I was last and couldn't be assed taking the walk from nieuwmarkt to grey area so decided to look at some of the weed in stones coffee shop, the one on the corner behind grasshopper. Lovely fat calyxes, full on thick red pistils, chunky resin heads, a musky aroma, one where you can pick out notes of casey and gsc. Flavour wise is full on gsc and casey jones, a sedating and fuzzy effect, bags of flavour and for me probably the find of the trip and value at ten euros a gram, compared to other weeds looking around 14/15 euro a gram. This picks up a 9/10.

In summary some improved weed from my last visit five years ago. The import hash is still very impressive but expensive. The isolator and shatter/waxes were very over priced and all of sativa and not indica genetics. Most were harsh tasting also and not worth the money. We have better hobby oil and shatter makers here at 420. Don't be fooled by strains with a cannabis cup winner beside them, most are not worthy, for example a pal bought the Rolex kush from green place, wow what an awfully average buzz and a flavour that tastes of grass clippings at best if you try really hard to find any flavour. You are in safe hands at grey area but it's the kinda place to just grab a draw and move on, bijou is an understatement in terms of its size and doesn't really go with a chilled out blissful afternoon, unlike say amnesia coffee shop.

Edited by Planta pablo
  • Like 6