A field of dreams…

Dreamer420

1 hour ago, Hole in the clouds said:

@Dreamer420

Autos are autos, pain in the arse and not designed for British weather! The photos will pull back time and again. Honestly try to keep the faith. Think we all the same with autos this year it’s hard not to become despondent when throwing mouldy buds in the bushes but seems it’s all part of the game. The only one I had that had decent buds went completely to mold in the couple days it took me to go back for it. I then snapped 3 branches on photos this weekend ‘training’ them lol 

Don’t give up :yep:

I personally think auto's are designed for this weather. Trouble is people use the wrong auto's. Mostly auto's breed outdoor in places like Spain :nono: So if you want to produce outdoor auto's you cant just grow them outside in Africa, Australia, Spain, ect and say they grow fine outdoor & show good mould resistance. What mould because these places are great for growing mould free buds. :wallbash: auto suffers the same as photoperiod outdoor strains. The number of photoperiod strains that are supposed great outdoor in northern lats that have turned to mush on me is unsettling. At the same time I have had great success with indoor strains never tested outdoor. Point being its not mould resistant unless its been attacked by mould and recovered. Yes a lot do recover from mould attacks. 

• Like 7

Just now, brock1 said:

I personally think auto's are designed for this weather. Trouble is people use the wrong auto's. Mostly auto's breed outdoor in places like Spain :nono: So if you want to produce outdoor auto's you cant just grow them outside in Africa, Australia, Spain, ect and say they grow fine outdoor & show good mould resistance. What mould because these places are great for growing mould free buds. :wallbash: auto suffers the same as photoperiod outdoor strains. The number of photoperiod strains that are supposed great outdoor in northern lats that have turned to mush on me is unsettling. At the same time I have had great success with indoor strains never tested outdoor. Point being its not mould resistant unless its been attacked by mould and recovered. Yes a lot do recover from mould attacks. 

So I can’t claim to be no expert but I am vouching for @brock1 for sure,

I used autos wrongly for a few seasons and discarded them from my approach, became a weed snob about them and cut my nose of to spit my face!!!

I was lucky this season, took @Ch@ppersand @panik advice and ran some of there autos and got decent results with almost no mould!!

will be doing a full auto garden/gardens next season now!! Bonus summer smoke 

large.IMG_0130.jpeglarge.IMG_0129.jpeglarge.IMG_0059.jpeglarge.IMG_0060.jpeg

best smoke was the “do si do” which I thought would got bush and also “purple affie” both are above and was an emergency crop to save what happened to @Hole in the clouds happening so went and harvested that night!!

next season am running more RGSC autos and some of @brock1 autos and if you haven’t seen them check them out, gotta plug them dude!!! Get the RIGHT auto genetics, lossen the soil mix up and they almost grow themselves :guitar:

I also agree with @OldFord looks like it’s hot soil try ride it out and not add anything, hopefully they will sort themselves out, don’t give up, it’s all about mentality outdoors, keep dusting yourself off and getting back up, you will get there man, got some solid RGSC genetics that will hold out in the worse conditions, hope it all comes good and look forward to seeing some healthy girls again!!

big love 

stig 

• Like 8

Cheers, interesting you say dos si dos was your best, as I had one of those, half rotted away…

im guessing it’s just my location, a damp hillside in south wales…

• Like 2

I hear you on the stuffing knocking... won't derail it with my own shit but I get it. 

Fact is though mate, you're still out there trying. Give yourself a little more credit. You'd be surprised how hard you are on yourself, like we all are, and how much easier it is when you ain't! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Dreamer420 said:

Life’s kicking me right in the nuts tbh. I can’t seem to muster much motivation for a lot these days. Including keeping up the diaries. Then losing almost everything from 6 autos in the middle of summer was pretty big blow to my growing plans. Took away all the hopes i had of what I could get from outdoors. None of it was ready, cutting off half bud here and there avoiding the rot, everything still throwing out pistils, nowhere near ready. Think I’ll just try and expand indoors to meet what I need….

I’ll get out cutting on Tuesday I think, my parents are here at the moment can’t really get away without my dad wanting to help lol. 

I hear you all too well  on life & lady luck mate  !!      Just been one kick in the bollocks after another for time ,   thing is if you give un & sit in the corner sulking ... lady luck beats you !

chin up mucker  ,  big man hugs :wub:      Things will come good again ,  just got to keep swinging and pusj on brother.   

I got sooooo much support from good people on here when i was major low !!  ,  hell my own Mrs & fam didnt know i was ill , they knew something wasnt right but it was on here i vented first with a few good guys ,  convinced me to open up ,  suppose it was easier to talk on a keyboard as opposed to face to face.   Just got to keep on keepin on my firend.  :yep:

This Sums it up for me and strangely i just stuck it up on the music thread !!

Big love mate and hope things improve soon :george:

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, OldFord said:

I hear you all too well  on life & lady luck mate  !!      Just been one kick in the bollocks after another for time ,   thing is if you give un & sit in the corner sulking ... lady luck beats you !

chin up mucker  ,  big man hugs :wub:      Things will come good again ,  just got to keep swinging and pusj on brother.   

I got sooooo much support from good people on here when i was major low !!  ,  hell my own Mrs & fam didnt know i was ill , they knew something wasnt right but it was on here i vented first with a few good guys ,  convinced me to open up ,  suppose it was easier to talk on a keyboard as opposed to face to face.   Just got to keep on keepin on my firend.  :yep:

This Sums it up for me and strangely i just stuck it up on the music thread !!

Big love mate and hope things improve soon :george:

snap mate, this place can be unbelievable for support, and since I have joined here I am more settled and love from the community has and is going to be such an asset moving in through life!!

wise words from @OldFord keep pushing mukka, things will come good

big love 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dreamer420 said:

Cheers, interesting you say dos si dos was your best, as I had one of those, half rotted away…

im guessing it’s just my location, a damp hillside in south wales…

yeah I didn’t think it would be the one for literally 0%rot and phenomenal taste for an auto, will run a fair few of these next season mate, hope things pull together for you, what I would say is when you come to watering I wouldn’t add any bites but give them some worm cast tea brewed up with extra mollases to help the soil life :bong:

Don't be disheartened, it's a learning curve.dig some holes and add super soil amendments and worm castings and mychorrhizal on transplant for the absolute win.(6 weeks before plant out) Them microbes would breakdown the nutrients along with the mychorrhizal to what the plants need.

I'm glad I ain't done any autos this year.horrendous weather for em

You haven't got enough airflow because you over crowded your spot,not just the only reason perhaps but air flow is king. Youl certainly see this in your photo plot 

Less is more for sure if space is tight 

Edited by Madmacca
  • Like 5

Cheers all. My resilience is pretty low these days, and I know some have it worse etc, but with thing after thing after thing. I’m just giving up on a lot of my dreams at the moment. Won’t be long before the government tax our breathing. 

• Like 1

I hear you on the air flow. I think I’ll go out now and cut back all the surrounding vegetation on the photo plots, and then prune a few branches off now. 

• Like 1

Next year id do the holes proper and only put 6 photos in your main spot. 

Low stress train then top em all the time, then support. Youl be surprised 

• Like 2

On 30/07/2023 at 0:16 PM, Dreamer420 said:

Took away all the hopes i had of what I could get from outdoors. None of it was ready, cutting off half bud here and there avoiding the rot, everything still throwing out pistils, nowhere near ready. Think I’ll just try and expand indoors to meet what I need….

Don't give up bro..I know it can really dishearten you when you lose all that bud, most of us throw truck loads away every season, it hurts but mother nature will always take something from us in the outdoor game.. also this isnt gonna be the best season for results, weather has been terrible mate.. take a deep breath brother hopefully the rest come good :)

Sorry to hear life is giving you a hard time dude, tbh hasnt been kind to me of late either but I won't be beat thats a given :yep:

Be lucky :yinyang:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

Cheers. I prob will try again. I’ll just make airier spots with fewer plants and go from there. 

• Like 1

Don’t let it beat you man, 

Hope you can find some peace and just let it roll out, try and keep that chin up and marching on, life’s been a fucker to me of late aswell, we are stonger together and I know I am new on here but the love and support has helped me massively this year!!

hope things get better for you!!

big love 

stig

• Like 1

Cheers guys. Well my marriage didn’t quite fail yet, so hooray.

And to cheer myself up, I went and bought a new bike. I now understand what a midlife crisis means lol.

well I went and tidied around the plots. I went and stomped down as much bracken as I could, but some large thick brambles stopped me completing the task. That night was windy and rainy and miserable, so I thought fuck it, out on my decent waterproofs, grabbed the hedge cutter and went up there. I figured no one would be out in that to hear me. And if they were, with the wind they wouldn’t know where it’s coming from. Chopped a load back. Went back up a couple days ago and took some pics. 

• Like 2