A field of dreams…

Dreamer420

Hi,

So, I already had ordered a load of real gorilla seeds when I saw the comp, and so got in a bit later. This will be my first outdoor grow, as you may be able to tell as I got excited, and started early, and have gone a bit mad with numbers.

I’ve already started off several rounds of seeds, but I’ll be moving the diary in here, so I’ll do a quick catch up shortly, and then continue in here from then on. 
There will also be some other breeders plants in here, but they were all bought through real gorilla seeds site, so hopefully that’s ok so I don’t have to run an extra diary for those..?

I'm very lucky in that we have a decent size field, with lots of areas of over grown bramble, gorse, elder etc. 

We do have pigs in there, but hopefully I’ve fenced against them effectively. I dug ten holes, and the ground seems pretty good. I’ve added some rotted manure from the muck heap and dug it in. Then I added another seven holes, adding the left over compost from the bags from my last indoor grow. 
there’s barbed wire around the bottom, then two lines of electric around. I have a solar panel to rig up an electric fencer. 
large.58994421-AECF-4E26-B10E-BB4CAF5A0021.jpeg

these will be sharing the area, although they’re a lot bigger now, there’s only 3 weaners left. 

large.CE4E8766-461D-440D-98B2-D27F204A5F17.jpeg

So I had ordered, 

RGS Gorilla dawg 3
RGS Maff 3
RGS Fast zkittles 3
RGS Erdpurpz 3
RGS Fast lemon drizzle 3

RGS Auto Girl Scout cookies 3
RGS Auto dos si dos 2

and Panik has now very kindly added

RGS super #61 6

RGS fast lemon cake 6

Sour chiesel 5

Don gorilla glue 5

Dark devil auto 3

and left over from before I joined the site

Blueberry auto 4
Og kush auto 1

Exodus cheese auto 3

I decided I would plant 4 seeds a week, and started early, my up to date planting list is as follows, with seeds in paper towels on the date. Anything in italics either didn’t germinate at all, or didn’t come above ground (yet, I still have them in a pot, just in case…)

April 1st, maff, erdpurpz, lemon drizzle, zkittles

April 9th, Don gorilla glue, lemon drizzle, sour chiesel, zkittles.

April 16, maff, gorilla dawg, sour chiesel, zkittles.

For some mad reason I also decided to start planting autos at this point, alongside the fems, so added,

Dos si dos, dark devil, exodus cheese, blueberry.

April 23rd, erdpurpz, Don gorilla glue, gorilla dawg, 2x sour chiesel

autos, Girl Scout cookies, og kush, exodus cheese, blueberry

out of this ones put in paper towels two days ago, I put them all in soil today except the Don gorilla glue, and the blueberry auto.

The next lot will be 2x super 61 and 2x wedding cake, and autos, dos si dos, Girl Scout cookies, dark devil.

Then after that, another 2x super 61 and 2x wedding cake, and hooefully 2x zkittles.

Then I should have two of everything if my maths is right except four of the super #61’s and wedding cakes. All the zkittles failed to germ unfortunately, but Panik has very kindly said he’d send a new pack out. The first two sour chiesels popped roots, but then failed to get above soil. The second two just went in their pots tonight so fingers crossed. 

trouble is, even with the extra holes, my plot can only take 17 plants. And that’s getting to be a serious number to have on my own property.

I had already scouted nearby before I decided fuck it and went in the pig field, so I have two other plots in mind. I will get out and prepare those this weekend, which will be a job, as I’ll still want a secure fence round them, as there’s always loose sheep and the occasional cows around here. So I’ll lug a few posts and some bits of wire up by night, then slip back by day and set it up. But they’re plenty out of sight, and people rarely go anywhere even close. They’re both a couple hundred meters off the same quiet road, one is a crawl under some gorse to get to, but therefore super secure. 

here’s how my tent looks

currently. The big two are staying indoors, auto Girl Scout cookies, dark devil, and the weekly poorly thing is blueberry. The outdoor plants are all the seedlings, except the first three which are up in the greenhouse already.

large.E98C101D-A134-4373-945A-B4684F43452E.jpeg

Well that’s it for now then. Good luck to the other growers, I can’t wait to see how we all get!

• Like 21

Wow! You are going to be a busy man this summer.  I wish you every success on your first outdoor mission. When it warms up I’ll be pulling up a deckchair to enjoy your grow :)

• Like 3

Cheers peeps, I will indeed be busy, as I’m always busy! A job, a daughter and a smallholding kind of fill your week!

also, @Alys, love your avatar pic, I find it strangely comforting!

• Like 3

We sold 7 as pets. Any that stay, will either go to market or the abattoir… so hopefully we can find pet homes for the last three, but sausages if not!

• Like 6

large.2DF6AC44-E780-40F9-A901-15CA4E554A01.jpeg

maff, lemon drizzle and erdpurpz doing fine up in the greenhouse. To cold to go out yet really so I need to get some larger pots for them. 

it’s odd, the ones planted a week after them, kept in the exact same conditions in the tent, aren’t nearly as big as these were…

• Like 2

large.866FA2A1-F778-48C9-ABFB-39A04F34D882.jpeg
everything’s coming along pretty well. I’ve moved the two indoor autos to the back under a 100w led strip, and lowered the 150w set to 25% over the seedlings. Had a nightmare with the Don gorilla glue seed. They were all tiny seeds. This one was the last of the fems to sprout a root, but I accidentally knocked the tub off the light. I wouldn’t have thought it would damage it, wrapped in tissue, but the root was snapped! I’ve left it to see what happens…

out of the autos, the blueberry didn’t break out of her shell.

The Girl Scout cookies has shown above soil yet but I can just see all the others. I’m sure gsc will be up by the morning.

large.013F73A1-5C3D-4821-A605-EED5FB3894D9.jpeg

the two big Buddha sour chiesel haven’t shown yet either, which if they don’t makes 4/4 that have grown roots but then failed to go further than that… I have one more seed to try, really hoping I get at least one!

Edited by Dreamer420
  • Like 8

So these two sour chiesel finally showed. One was poking its tap root up though, so I gently dug it up and turned it round. Next day, the tap roots back up!!! Stupid thing. I’d have hoped to get 3 plants up out of a pack of 5 seeds…

oh well. Looking forward to tomorrow, get some new seeds in! It’s become a bit of the highlight of my week picking new seed lol. My indoor grow is just going along at the back of the tent and I’m barely paying as much attention as last grow as half my focus is on all the outdoor stuff! 

in other more exciting and RGS related news, I finally got my replacement fast zkittles seeds from the post office. They’ve gone shit haven’t they, parcel office only open 2 hours a day now…

here’s the retarded chiesel, with its s-bend tap root lol

large.794109C6-619F-4878-A392-9E3E8CBF8B78.jpeg

• Like 4

large.0A68AFE5-DE66-4EEF-8C40-6CB989B22DBC.jpeg
hard to see at the back of the picture there, but both sour chiesel a are just showing green above soil, neither have opened yet though, fingers crossed for them! Come on girls…

To their right is a maff and a gorilla dawg, and the taller ones on the right of those, don gorilla glue and fast lemon drizzle. The LD has brown spots, I did give those two a little organic plant food with seaweed extract, I wonder if that’s what did it.

the middle tray has two empty cells on the left, middle is dark devil auto and blueberry auto, and on the right, dos si dos auto and exodus cheese auto. 
closest tray, on the left, og kush auto (that I just nearly dropped my phone on!) and exodus cheese auto, middle is Girl Scout cookies, currently a no show, and an empty cell. On the right, erdpurpz and gorilla dawg.

then in the round pot is the first fast lemon drizzle, that I brought back in from the greenhouse as I was told on another thread that fats version can reveg if put out early. So I figure I’ll keep the fasts in as long as I have the space for them.

And then below is todays seeds, 2x super #61, 2x fast zkittles and 2x fast lemon cake.

large.D26C6C5F-A748-4656-97AE-02B7D31D9014.jpeg

here’s hoping for a cracking first season!

Edited by Dreamer420
  • Like 5

check back shortly and this should be a plot! Luckily access wasn’t a problem up the steep Welsh hillside lol 

if only there was a spade with an engine. Could have borrowed the petrol auger, but fuck hitting a rock holding that thing!

large.641636CB-89AD-47E0-95C1-CB4C6DF73F41.jpeg

• Like 9

On 25/04/2023 at 9:46 PM, Dreamer420 said:

Hi,

So, I already had ordered a load of real gorilla seeds when I saw the comp, and so got in a bit later. This will be my first outdoor grow, as you may be able to tell as I got excited, and started early, and have gone a bit mad with numbers.

I’ve already started off several rounds of seeds, but I’ll be moving the diary in here, so I’ll do a quick catch up shortly, and then continue in here from then on. 
There will also be some other breeders plants in here, but they were all bought through real gorilla seeds site, so hopefully that’s ok so I don’t have to run an extra diary for those..?

I'm very lucky in that we have a decent size field, with lots of areas of over grown bramble, gorse, elder etc. 

We do have pigs in there, but hopefully I’ve fenced against them effectively. I dug ten holes, and the ground seems pretty good. I’ve added some rotted manure from the muck heap and dug it in. Then I added another seven holes, adding the left over compost from the bags from my last indoor grow. 
there’s barbed wire around the bottom, then two lines of electric around. I have a solar panel to rig up an electric fencer. 
large.58994421-AECF-4E26-B10E-BB4CAF5A0021.jpeg

these will be sharing the area, although they’re a lot bigger now, there’s only 3 weaners left. 

large.CE4E8766-461D-440D-98B2-D27F204A5F17.jpeg

So I had ordered, 

RGS Gorilla dawg 3
RGS Maff 3
RGS Fast zkittles 3
RGS Erdpurpz 3
RGS Fast lemon drizzle 3

RGS Auto Girl Scout cookies 3
RGS Auto dos si dos 2

and Panik has now very kindly added

RGS super #61 6

RGS fast lemon cake 6

Sour chiesel 5

Don gorilla glue 5

Dark devil auto 3

and left over from before I joined the site

Blueberry auto 4
Og kush auto 1

Exodus cheese auto 3

I decided I would plant 4 seeds a week, and started early, my up to date planting list is as follows, with seeds in paper towels on the date. Anything in italics either didn’t germinate at all, or didn’t come above ground (yet, I still have them in a pot, just in case…)

April 1st, maff, erdpurpz, lemon drizzle, zkittles

April 9th, Don gorilla glue, lemon drizzle, sour chiesel, zkittles.

April 16, maff, gorilla dawg, sour chiesel, zkittles.

For some mad reason I also decided to start planting autos at this point, alongside the fems, so added,

Dos si dos, dark devil, exodus cheese, blueberry.

April 23rd, erdpurpz, Don gorilla glue, gorilla dawg, 2x sour chiesel

autos, Girl Scout cookies, og kush, exodus cheese, blueberry

out of this ones put in paper towels two days ago, I put them all in soil today except the Don gorilla glue, and the blueberry auto.

The next lot will be 2x super 61 and 2x wedding cake, and autos, dos si dos, Girl Scout cookies, dark devil.

Then after that, another 2x super 61 and 2x wedding cake, and hooefully 2x zkittles.

Then I should have two of everything if my maths is right except four of the super #61’s and wedding cakes. All the zkittles failed to germ unfortunately, but Panik has very kindly said he’d send a new pack out. The first two sour chiesels popped roots, but then failed to get above soil. The second two just went in their pots tonight so fingers crossed. 

trouble is, even with the extra holes, my plot can only take 17 plants. And that’s getting to be a serious number to have on my own property.

I had already scouted nearby before I decided fuck it and went in the pig field, so I have two other plots in mind. I will get out and prepare those this weekend, which will be a job, as I’ll still want a secure fence round them, as there’s always loose sheep and the occasional cows around here. So I’ll lug a few posts and some bits of wire up by night, then slip back by day and set it up. But they’re plenty out of sight, and people rarely go anywhere even close. They’re both a couple hundred meters off the same quiet road, one is a crawl under some gorse to get to, but therefore super secure. 

here’s how my tent looks

currently. The big two are staying indoors, auto Girl Scout cookies, dark devil, and the weekly poorly thing is blueberry. The outdoor plants are all the seedlings, except the first three which are up in the greenhouse already.

large.E98C101D-A134-4373-945A-B4684F43452E.jpeg

Well that’s it for now then. Good luck to the other growers, I can’t wait to see how we all get!

I’ll be following this season mate, plot looks sick and those pigs look delicious lol hopefully the Welsh weather fucks off somewhere else this year again :) 

• Like 3

main plot is looking very lush! Can’t wait to see it filled!
large.68E235A0-6CC1-40DC-BA2C-06DA1F8E3DDA.jpeg

Cut another narrow one into the bramble and gorse here. Faces directly south though. Will get wire round it tomorrow. 8 holes in here.

large.A4EA9CBC-16B9-4B9D-AD92-2687AF6A1BFF.jpeg

And plot number three, again on a hill (blooming theme going here in wales!)

only four holes, but very open, so hopefully lots of sun all day.

large.03431D3E-8BF0-4FD5-A0A4-5CE049CB45B4.jpeg

And then the closest plot to a road. I won’t fence this one, I think I’ll just put individual cages here. I’ve just cut all the growth back for now with a hedge cutter. I’ll get a new mulching blade for the brush cutter and then really clear it. Should fit another 8 plants in this one easy. 

large.109C21E8-9D83-4217-8E87-BD0EFDC9AC98.jpeg

the quad made that one plot very easy compared to the others lol. Borrowed a mates van with highways stickers across the back, stuck a load of hi vis on, and parked by the roadside to stash the tools under a camo sheet, then went and parked about a mile and a half away and walked back. Crawling under a tunnel and dragging the tools behind was fun too, but at least, bar drones, it’s very out of sight!

Edited by Dreamer420
  • Like 11

Looking mighty impressive sir :yep:         Loving that location and its all coming together :george:      Love the little porkers :wub:    

All the very best with the run mate   

• Like 4