A field of dreams…

Dreamer420

Cheers guys or girls, the three remaining weaners will go back in the big field later I think, from the ‘for sale pen’.

well let them have another couple of weeks free ranging in the big field and then they’ll have to go to market along with their dad. We think the mum is pregnant again already! Ffs lol 

Edited by Dreamer420
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Dreamer420 said:

Cheers guys or girls, the three remaining weaners will go back in the big field later I think, from the ‘for sale pen’.

well let them have another couple of weeks free ranging in the big field and then they’ll have to go to market along with their dad. We think the mum is pregnant again already! Ffs lol 

I got to ask ,  does building a bond with them have an adverse reaction to them in terms of the food chain ?      Do you still see them as edibles or does the bond cloud that ?   

I cant eat solids at the mo due to health , been that way for over a year now ,  that aside im guessing i would get a bond and not wanna eat them lol    Love them :wub:lol  

• Like 2

Yea, if you allow a bond to build I guess it is harder. I try hard not to let that happen!

• Like 2

this was the little girls a few days ago.
large.3783E98F-6B08-4AFE-A367-1EA90658D758.jpeg

and then again today.

large.2AB602AC-2C93-46A5-BDC2-B4A5BC00B1AB.jpeg

I potted up the bigger ones to make way for some other seedlings, and brought them indoors overnight to put them in the greenhouse in the morning. 
That fast lemon drizzle doesn’t seem happy, anyone got any ideas..? And @panik, any advice on when to plant the fast versions out, as I’ve been told too early and fast versions can reveg..?

large.17707B90-6F29-4CFB-98E6-0131B8D06F6F.jpeg

dug some fish blood and bone and seaweed through the holes today, and immediately after, it started raining to wash it all in. 

I’ll plant the maff and erdpurpz out in the wild on Saturday I hope! And it won’t be long now till all the others have followed I’m sure.

Edited by Dreamer420
  • Like 5

Ah excellent, cheers panik. Sooner that lemon drizzle is in the ground the better I think, it’s not looking great in the pot with biobizz allmix…

• Like 2

large.18462A85-01B4-40A3-A04E-311812FF7B57.jpeg
these super #61’s are slow off the mark…

large.38D84A73-5116-4761-97C7-0C06B5D5EA8F.jpeg
fast zkittles and fast lemon cake doing fine though.

large.474F5AF3-29F2-49D1-98B0-FE9FBDE6F7E2.jpeg

and the first four in the ground! Maff, erdpurpz, and two fast lemon drizzles.

• Like 7

large.8E96C920-08FC-4907-8879-D8474384DCC7.jpeg
one of the super #61’s seems to have taken now. The two in the round pots are the supers.

large.8C02E72D-B296-4D32-B5C0-A90FC868FA56.jpeg
These are all the ones in the greenhouse. Half are ready to go out, the other half have just gone in.

• Like 8

The Lemons can be extra fussy & a bit slow to get going ,  once they do they charge ahead mate :yep:     

The 61's can be similar ,  again once they get moving they fly along :yep:       

All looking good mate ,  have fun and look forward to seeing the progress.   

• Like 5

Cheers guys. I’m hoping they get to be monsters! The plot I put the 4 in so far can be allowed to go as big as they like!

• Like 5

Maff and gorilla dawg have now joined the others in the plot. This plot is offsite, and didn’t have a lot of time this evening. 
I didn’t get any pictures, as just as I was finishing up I heard the sound of dogs fighting or attacking. Worried I’d be found, I quickly scarpered out a different way, getting scratched like fuck to come back from a different direction, and make sure one of the farmers sheep wasn’t being savaged. There’s no footpaths or rights of way anywhere near. I couldn’t see any people, but two dogs up the hill. They soon disappeared I don’t know where. And I couldn’t see any sign of any injured livestock. 
Had to get back so left. Found out later it’s a farmer two farms overs dogs, they just don’t give a shit about their animals or anyone else’s. Unfortunately it’ll probably mean these dogs getting shot at some point if they carry on.

the autos are ready to go out, but I haven’t had a chance to dig through the plot yet. I can hopefully get out there tomorrow maybe.

Edited by Dreamer420
  • Like 5

So I was just reading on another thread about rabbit protection.

I’ve put those 2ft rings of wire mesh, but as it’s well pointed out on the other thread, rabbits will just dig under?

Or is it maybe they’re not keen enough on weed to bother digging for it?

Or have I missed something and all the rest of you bury the tubes as well..?

• Like 1

Six out now.

Maff

large.04580549-BEAE-48B7-95E3-DA843A1F1831.jpeg

Maff

large.0A125565-CF99-43F4-BBAB-10B88012339D.jpeg

Erdpurpz 

large.0C8C784C-CD8F-453F-BB3D-4B888BE9D21C.jpeg

Gorilla dawg

large.878A0521-8D14-4DC3-8281-D90923218684.jpeg

Fast lemon drizzle

large.9A5000AC-A7C8-41EA-8B1D-E1D3CD8F0DCC.jpeg

Fast lemon drizzle

large.74F3D09D-0EAC-4ECC-AEAA-1A459A9B479E.jpeg

Two more to come, another erdpurpz and another gorilla dawg. This site they can get as big as they like, it’s well hidden. In the middle of a farm, way in the back of a large field there’s a valley formed by the stream. The shallower end the animals will go down to drink, but down this end there are seriously steep bits, some with just shale. The cows don’t come down at all, and the sheep rarely. There’s huge gorse bushes and brambles.

When I borrowed the quad, to get back out I had to carry the post knocker, iron bar, roll of spare netting, up to the top by hand, then use diff lock on the quad! I thought I was going to have to winch myself up. So this spot isn’t overlooked by anyone except from about 5 miles away. Nearest road is a good mile, and sees little traffic. 
Access now is very hard though lol.

Another plot a bit further along will take four, 2 fast zkittles and 2 fast lemon cakes.

Then the last 3 will stay at home, in the original field plot. 2 super #61’s in the main plot, and the auto, which I‘m pretty sure should be dos si dos, but I think somewhere i thought it was Girl Scout cookies. I may have to go back and count how many seeds I have left of each lol.

• Like 9