A field of dreams…

Dreamer420

larger plot from the side
large.IMG_0121.jpeg

and from low down in front showing the space between them. I’ve pruned the bottom 2 feet on each plant to stop the branches just shredding themselves on the mesh.

large.IMG_0120.jpeg

And then kinda from above

large.IMG_0119.jpeg

and here’s the other plot.

large.IMG_0106.jpeg

they’re growing much better than my other grow that’s for sure! Fingers crossed the end of the year is better for less rot

• Like 10

I started pretty early on to be honest, my earliest seeds someone asked why I was starting so early lol! 

I hope to bend these over the fence using strings I think as they grow, so I’ll spread them further from each other. 

still, first outdoor grow, lessons have to be learned! 
so long as I get a bit of decent stuff from each plant, I want to compare all the flavours!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Well sorry I haven’t posted much, but I’ve all but given up on this year. 
out of the 14 RGSC plants I still have out, I think ill be lucky if I get an ounce…

the mystery problem has persisted. Leaves yellowing and dying, generally from the bottom up, biggest leaves first. 
What buds are forming, I’ve already had to pull maybe 10-20% which was rotten. One plant almost completely affected.

I’ll try again next year, and dig fewer bigger holes straight after this season, and fill with a better mix then cover and leave til next year. Also, whichever plants have least rot this year are what I can start with next year too…

• Like 10

On 12/09/2023 at 10:50 PM, Dreamer420 said:

I’ll try again next year, and dig fewer bigger holes straight after this season, and fill with a better mix then cover and leave til next year. Also, whichever plants have least rot this year are what I can start with next year too…

Sorry to hear this @Dreamer420 really hope you keep plugging away and out the effort in for next year :pitchfork:

Your plan is solid and I would dig the lot and add a decent amount of coco, let her cook over winter and don’t forget the mychorizal funghi !!!!

I cannot say enough for the FAST LEMON CAKE has got a firm place in my selections going forward, I am sure @murphybluewill say the same!! true bit of outdoor breeding big ups @panik

big love stig

• Like 8

I did wonder… would be strange though, it’s been unused for a few years, just gorse and bracken… 

I harvested what I could, less from 12 outdoor plants than from one indoor…. At least I’ll get a little taste of the strains though.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I think I’ll up my indoor game to have a reliable supply, and stuck a couple outdoors just in case they succeed.

I’ve had two seeds out of the outdoor stuff so far, only two decent ones, quite a few little ‘puffs’ out the pipe as little ones probably got hot. Means something must have hermied I guess

• Like 1

On 12/09/2023 at 11:50 PM, Dreamer420 said:

I’ll try again next year, and dig fewer bigger holes straight after this season, and fill with a better mix then cover and leave til next year.

This bigger holes might be a good idea,mate faked his first season with to small holes,year later spread holes , cheap MP compo and horse manure gave top score,7plus oz plants with solid nugs.

When there was no rain we carried canisters with some bio bizz mixed,fish through and added some bloom latter in grow.Picking the stick under angle to guide plants help to spread them out easy at start.

Good luck with the next grow

• Like 1