Underdogs 3 strain endeavour - RGSC

Underdog

Those flat pack pots are the bollox bro hats off to you!! Gonna show my pal now... this could be perfect for our 2nd spot

• Like 1

@blerie420.

Oh they're brilliant mate. Super stealthy, easy to transport, muuuch cheaper than shop bought containers. Plus you can decide exactly what size you'd like them to be. :thumsup:

• Like 2

SUPER#61 PLOT

large.IMG_20230520_161930_335.jpg

A bit of vegetation still managed to grow under the membrane. I'm glad I put it down otherwise I would have been met with a forest haha.

large.IMG_20230520_163105_140.jpg

Screaming to get out of their little pots.

large.IMG_20230520_194837_392.jpglarge.IMG_20230520_195229_665.jpg

I use my battery powered Dremel to cut the chicken wire. Goes through it like a knife through butter.

large.IMG_20230523_191737_152.jpg

Pukka soil. Plenty of big fat juicy worms :thumsup:

large.IMG_20230523_194610_254.jpg

large.IMG_20230523_193529_364.jpg

All planted and ready to thrive :)

The plants are pretty close together, but in the past I've actually planted a little closer and I've had no problems. There's always a nice breeze on this plot which probably helps.

large.IMG_20230520_172904_395.jpg

large.IMG_20230520_173232_043.jpgI didn't fancy lugging buckets of water from the river so I brought my drill powered pump and attached a hose pipe. Then I attached a rock to the end of the hose pipe and threw it over the brambles into the river. The rock also acts as a weight to keep the end of the hose in the water.

SUPER#61 PLOT - PLANTED

• Like 16

That drill pump is brilliant. I’ve actually already got one that I’ve never used. You’ve given me a use for it :realcool:

• Like 4

@Hole in the clouds.

Hi mate! Yeah it's really useful. Bear in mind though it can be a pain in the arse when you're pumping up hill. It really doesn't like working against gravity.

What I did was ensure the hose pipe was filled with water first, then attached it to the pump. This method seems to work best to combat the gravity haha.

• Like 7

FAST LEMON CAKE PLOT

So I visited today to fill up some more planters and plant more of the girls.

large.IMG_20230526_194856_221.jpg

I've decided to put two girls in one with some of the planters. I'll train them away from each other as they get bigger. I like to experiment every season with a few of the ladies and note the differences. One of the best ways to learn in my opinion.

large.IMG_20230526_194736_592.jpgFor example I planted this one last week without lining the pot with plastic and without a rabbit cage (the planters are quite tall, so it will be interesting to see if the rabbits will have a go at it)

After filling and planting 10 odd plants it was time to water them in. Unfortunately my mighty drill pump just didn't cut it. The river bank was just way too high. So like any rational person, I dug a staircase into the river bank so I could reach the water and fill the bucket haha

large.IMG_20230526_193540_182.jpglarge.IMG_20230526_195059_253.jpg

large.IMG_00005_BURST20230526174500.jpg

Ooops. Perhaps I was a little eager lol

I'll be back at this plot over the weekend to get more of the girls out. Stay tuned for more updates gentlemen :)

Edited by Underdog
  • Like 17

Swear that super 61 plot looks familiar! Very nice mate!

With the steps down to the river, are you not concerned about drawing attention from boaters, fisherman etc?

Props on the work your putting in, look forward to seeing this unfold :yep:

• Like 2

@Aphatspliff.

It looks familiar? Oh no. Please don't say that. I couldn't live with another guerilla coming across another one of my main plots lol

I don't want to say too much about this river in particular, but I'm very confident that no one fishes, or goes down this river. If that makes sense haha.

Thanks for the support mate. I absolutely love doing this.

• Like 3

Not one I’ve come across in real life mate, I mean I swear I’ve seen pics of it on the boards before, so don’t worry lol 

I know what you mean, I’ve got a plot next to a river I thought didn’t get any traffic till one day a fly angler came wading through the reeds on the opposite side. Luckily manage to duck out of site and he wasn’t there long. Would have been a mission to get to but being an angler my self I know some of the lengths I’ll go to get in places. You’d be suprised where people end up but obviously you know the terrain better than me :yep:

Good luck!

• Like 3

@Aphatspliff.

Oh okay that's a fair point. I do believe it's unlikely but just in case I'll set up some kind of Indiana Jones style booby trap and the top of the stairs lol

• Like 2

So when I first started this diary my plan was to have 3 strains, 3 plots. A separate strain in each plot.

However yesterday I had a few hours free and decided to put a few of each strain in one plot. (Pink Cherry Pie, Super#61, Fast Lemon Cake)

I'll be putting minimum effort into this plot as a little experiment. I always put a lot of graft into my plots, so I think it will be interesting to see a minimal effort plot with just a couple of hours graft.

large.647dee80932ee_IMG_20230604_182624_572(1).jpg

Before.

large.IMG_20230604_202858_600.jpg

After.

I threw down a bit of chicken shit, drill augered a small hole and planted in the girls. I usually turn over the whole area and take out all of the roots. Not this time. Just minimum effort. It will be interesting to see the difference in a no till bed.

As this is a minimum effort plot I'm not going to be using rabbit cages.

large.IMG_20230604_202704_240.jpg

I'll be using solar paneled pest repellers. I've tested these out before and they did work. They flash and make a horrible high pitched sound when they detect motion. I've whacked out 3 of them. Like I say they have worked in the past, however I do understand these are just a deterrent and are certainly not as effective as cages.

large.IMG_20230604_201604_096.jpg

The Pink Cherry Pie are all lovely and bushy.

I still have two plots to finish off and get planted. The Pink Cherry Pie plot and the Fast Lemon Cake plot. I'm almost there! Unfortunately due to work and family commitments I'm way behind (I like them all out by May 20th). But hopefully they'll all be planted by the end of this week!

Wish me luck lads.

• Like 10

Get on, love the experimentation since I joined.. 

Good to see this as this is a methods I have employed on 2 plots to see difference, big ups @Underdog

Stay safe 

Stig

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@blerie420.

Haha yeah now I think about it. It's not exactly minimum effort. Minimum effort would have been me just fucking em on the river bank and doing one lol