Underdogs 3 strain endeavour - RGSC

Underdog

How are we doing ladies and gentlemen? I am a new member here, but have been stalking the utter hell out of all of you for about a decade. Feels creepy I imagine? lol

I've also been a guerilla for about the same time. Guerilla growing without a doubt is my passion. I suffer with mental health issues (who doesn't) and guerilla growing every year gives me that drive to carry on. For me it has all the right things - hard work, being in the great outdoors, excitement, patience, ingenuity, creativity, hope, risk, exercise, something to aim for etc etc.

Anyway, enough of the Oprah shit.

This year I'm running 3 strains

Fast Lemon Cake

Super#61

Pink Cherry Pie

Each strain will have their own separate plot.

I've worked very hard this year already and have spent a fair few quid.

I hope I can offer other guerillas help and ideas. Without an online community such as this, we would all still be stuck many years in the past making mistakes we don't have to.

Stay tuned for updates lads.

large.IMG_20230328_194607_179.jpg

• Like 16

I’ll be following as I’m also running rgsc seeds outdoors this year. 
Just my 2p though, if you run a strain per plot, and lose a plot, you lose all that strain. If you run one of each, at each, and lose a plot, you still lose a third of your crop, but still have some of each flavour?

beat of luck anyway :smokin:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dreamer420 said:

I’ll be following as I’m also running rgsc seeds outdoors this year. 
Just my 2p though, if you run a strain per plot, and lose a plot, you lose all that strain. If you run one of each, at each, and lose a plot, you still lose a third of your crop, but still have some of each flavour?

beat of luck anyway :smokin:

Hi mate. Each strain is going to have more than one plot each. Its just that I'm only uploading 3 plots to the diary to keep it simple sort of thing haha.

Plus, I'd prefer to be able to go to one plot and harvest the lot around a similar time. Yeah there are some plants that need harvesting earlier or later than others even with the same strain but I reckon the differences in harvest time won't be as great than with completely different strains if that makes sense lol.

• Like 5

Makes total sense, be good to watch all the rgsc grows come along this year. It’s interesting, I seem to have picked different strains to most from what I’ve read so far.

Edited by Dreamer420
  • Like 1

Let's get this party started. I've started on a multiple plots but here is the:

PINK CHERRY PIE PLOT.

This plot I found a few years ago, it is rock solid clay. I've done all sorts to amend the soil but still can't get a half decent grow in it. This year I'm moving to containers. I am personally not a fan of containers but I like the location of this plot and have spent many hours working on it (this was never an opening, I created the opening myself)

large.IMG_20230327_163204_847.jpg

The other draw back of this plot is no natural water source. So I'm creating my own one.

large.IMG_20230327_163757_980.jpg

A giant paddling pool lol. large.IMG_20230327_170232_871.jpglarge.IMG_20230327_170438_624.jpg

I've wrapped the paddling pool up in a tarp. I've done this for a number of reasons.

1) This protects the paddling pool from sharp sticks, thorns etc

2) It makes it less visible from the sky (google earth/drones/pork choppers) and through the bushes.

3) It stops debris, sticks leaves etc from entering the water source.

4) Covering the water from the sun will stop algea and other unwanted life from growing in the water

I've also put a small hole in the tarp so the water can flow into the pool.

large.64248c675fc61_IMG_20230328_174623_457(1).jpg

I've also added a pond pump that is solar powered. This will keep the water moving and stop it from stagnating.

large.IMG_20230328_174734_668.jpglarge.IMG_20230328_175018_454.jpg

I still have many more bags of compost and coco to drag here, but I'm getting there.

Stay tuned for more updates gentlemen.

• Like 18

Iz right. Love the Oprah speech!

Absolutely bang on!!!

Well it's game on then mate, I'm running two of them, only one of each like but we will see what happens. Torn between fast zkittles (absolute gem!!) Did last year . And super 61 .

All the best great work.

Get some worm castings in the mix.

Any help on uploading pics? Really struggling 

• Like 1

@Madmaccae

Hey hey. Thanks mate I appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing your diary mate!

It's an absolute pain in the arse uploading pictures here.

First step is to press the 3 lines in the top right corner. Then click browse. Then click gallery.

After that scroll right down to the bottom.

Click add images. Then select a category. Then select member gallery. From there you can upload your pictures.

Now this is where the fun begins. You're going to have to resize your picture to below 1000KB.

You can do this online, just Google "picture resizer" or something like that. Alternatively you can download an app like "reduce lite"

Once you've done this when you want to post a picture you need to click "insert other media" and then press "insert existing attachment"

It's an absolute ball ache but it does work. I hope I explained that okay lol

• Like 4

I've got a good feeling about this one :naughty:

Pulling up a lounger and mini fridge, save me a spot in the sun :yep:

Atb

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HullFeltMashematician said:

I've got a good feeling about this one :naughty:

Pulling up a lounger and mini fridge, save me a spot in the sun :yep:

Atb

Hey thanks for the support mate.

I'll save you a spliff. It's here waiting haha

• Like 1

SUPER#61 PLOT.

I found this plot 6 years ago and it's served me well. I haven't actually got round to doing a grow in it in a few years so it's all over grown.

Nothing my battery powered brush cutter can't handle.large.642b1d2f33265_IMG_20230403_152105_9292.jpglarge.642b1d2cb974e_IMG_20230403_152147_976(1)(1).jpg

Stay tuned, gentlemen

• Like 13

SUPER#61 PLOT.

large.IMG_20230407_192126_643.jpg

It may not look like it, but the brambles on the left are over 10ft.

I'm knackered after today but you get what you put into it! :cowboy:

• Like 11

Your putting the graft in buddy.. maybe a green tarp would have been better for the pool.. how big is that dude? Looks decent just watch those thorns, is that gorse in the background? If so those get fuking everywhere.. nice touch on the pond pump, as long as the pool dont run dry come mid summer..all looking good in here.

Best of luck sunshine :yep:

• Like 3

@Revive.

Hey hey how you doing mate? Nice to see you pop up on here.

The tarp is actually a dark green, I think my phone distorts the colour a bit. I'm not too sure if it's gorse if I'm honest. From previous years I've never seen yellow flowers get anywhere near my plants so I'm thinking probably not.

The pool is 262cm x 175cm x 50cm. It is pretty big. With enough rainfalls I reckon I should be set for the season, finger crossed!

• Like 1