Underdogs 3 strain endeavour - RGSC

Underdog

Just now, Underdog said:

Nice to see you pop up on here

Just seeing how your getting on buddy :yep:

Yeah nice size pool that but I do wonder if it will last if its not on flat ground once its full of water..just thinking debris and all that weight..

Its a good move if there's no water source and you have the room for it :yep:

I could do with a small 1 at 1 of my plots but the ground is shocking and full of all sorts and surrounded by fuking gorse and bramble entwined.. it was no fun cutting those tunnels a couple seasons back lol ripped to bits

• Like 1

@Revive.

Yeah that's a good point tbf. I did do my best to clear the ground first and it's one of the reasons I wrapped it in a tarp. But the sheer weight of it and the smallest thing could end up popping it.

I guess we'll see as time goes on haha.

And mate brambles do my head in, I was at the SUPER#61 PLOT yesterday and I'm cut to ribbons lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

@Revive.

Yeah that's a good point tbf. I did do my best to clear the ground first and it's one of the reasons I wrapped it in a tarp. But the sheer weight of it and the smallest thing could end up popping it.

I guess we'll see as time goes on haha.

And mate brambles do my head in, I was at the SUPER#61 PLOT yesterday and I'm cut to ribbons lol

What about putting that tarp the coco is sitting on underneath to protect it? 
I’ve still got scars on my legs from last years brambles!  
Looking good!

• Like 1

@Hole in the clouds.

Hey hey. It's way too small tbf. I think I'll probably bring another big tarp with me the next time I visit that plot.

Apparently we really have to be careful with getting cut with brambles. From what I've ready they're packed with bacteria and can cause some really nasty infections.

These indoor growers don't know easy they have it lol

• Like 1

SUPER#61 PLOT large.IMG_20230408_185845_491.jpg

You can't beat a good old fashioned turning over.

This plot has some of the best soil I've ever had the pleasure of working with however I gave it a good turning over and threw a bit of chicken shit in it for good luck. After I took the picture I covered the lot with membrane to stop stuff growing in the soil.

• Like 15

38 minutes ago, Underdog said:

It's way too small tbf. I think I'll probably bring another big tarp with me the next time I visit that plot.

What about a pack of those foam floor tiles that you link together like a jigsaw..there pretty thick waterproof and about 10 quid a pack.. eva foam i think there made of :yep:

• Like 4

PINK CHERRY PIE PLOT.

I dropped off a few more bags on compost today. I see the rain has sorted out the coco for me.large.IMG_20230418_170131_232.jpg

I also brought a few of my tried and tested DIY flat pack bottomless pots.

large.IMG_20230418_171924_638.jpglarge.IMG_20230418_171612_800.jpglarge.IMG_20230418_171558_826.jpg

I make these out of heavy duty water proof gaffa tape and rectangle pieces of flat recycled plastic. I got an absolute truck load of them for practically pence.

These are brilliant for stealthy transport. You just fold em up and you can whack a fair amount in a ruck sack. They are also a fraction of the price of shop bought containers.

Each container can hold 60L of medium (I'd prefer more but transporting even more bags of compost isn't practical.

large.IMG_20230418_170323_321.jpg

Also my pool is about half full already! My plan is to bring a collapsible water butt next time I visit and transfer the water over.

Stay tuned for more updates gentlemen :)

• Like 15

I like the flat packed pots idea mate they look great.

What sized water but have u got what make and how much been looking at getting one for my main plot and looking at all the different types done my head in lol

I try and treat my main plot every season this year its defo getting a stupidly oversize pot next year was thinking a collabsable barrel and a dripper system.

Which i hope to trail run in the greenhouse this year try and get the hang of it first.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 5:53 PM, murphyblue said:

I like the flat packed pots idea mate they look great.

What sized water but have u got what make and how much been looking at getting one for my main plot and looking at all the different types done my head in lol

I try and treat my main plot every season this year its defo getting a stupidly oversize pot next year was thinking a collabsable barrel and a dripper system.

Which i hope to trail run in the greenhouse this year try and get the hang of it first.

large.Screenshot_20230421-015836.jpg

I was thinking something like this. Preferably the 100 Gallon but even 50 Gallon should do the job.

I've always wanted to try a Guerilla dripping system. If you get round to it I'll definitely be following :thumsup:

• Like 4

Looking good in here so far mate , putting in that effort early will definitely reap the rewards later on.. :yep: 

• Like 4

@Underdogl

Great work mate that serious #61 plot looks like great ground good luck and can't wait untill I this in late September I will definitely be following

• Like 1