Hole In The Clouds RGS diary 23

Hole in the clouds

@Hole in the clouds

at least you didn’t lose it all too rot aye, just be careful and double check when drying you ain’t missed any, 

let’s hope we get some sun aye mukka 

stay safe man

stig

• Like 2

@Stigofthedank

Will do. :yep: I’ve trimmed wearing a head torch also as a second QA inspection before going into tent. 
It can’t carry on raining…. can it? lol Hopefully second half August be good they reckon. Got a couple of auto amnesia should be well into flower round then. 

• Like 1

Went to check on the lower half of the Kushty I’d left to mature before any more rain came. Was pitch black by now it’s only the second time I’ve been to this plot after dark. Why I want to be crawling round in the middle of nowhere late on a Friday night instead of being in bed with the Mrs I don’t know but seem to enjoy it in some weird way. 
So the Kushty was chunking up nicely just a tiny bit of mould so I cut half that branch off and took a bit of it home after cutting off the mould so was a short visit. No point in slug pellets with the rain due. Had a quick look round with torch they all flowering now I think apart from the Fast Zkittles. Was surprised how much weight the Royal Mazar are packing on since last visit I’m so glad I’ve got some of these out, awesome plants. The two MAFF seemed huge in the dark. 
So all done time to pack the bag roll a J and head off out I’d already decided to take the easy exit. So I’m there with the head torch on in the trees going through my bag when next thing I hear a growl! I froze and told myself it was my stomach at first…. No it was definitely a growl!  My heads going million miles an hour now….hmmm foxes are like dogs aren’t they? Ok….. must be a fox. Had visions of being stalked by a pack of the buggers @Revive style. To be honest I’m not sure if id of worked it out if it wasn’t for his diary this year. It’s a new experience for me being growled at by a fox in the dark! Quick google when I got into semi civilisation yep fox, sign of aggression! Thank fuck for that! lol 

Lower half of the Kushty that’s left is doing well. Chunking up nicely.

large.IMG_0349.jpeg

This MAFF next to her seemed huge in the torchlight.

large.IMG_0346.jpeg

Edited by Hole in the clouds
Formatting
  • Like 9

15 minutes ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Had visions of being stalked by a pack of the buggers @Revive style. To be honest I’m not sure if id of worked it out if it wasn’t for his diary this year. It’s a new experience for me being growled at by a fox in the dark! Quick google when I got into semi civilisation yep fox, sign of aggression! Thank fuck for that! lol 

Its not a nice feeling when its pitch black is it bro? Im glad to hear you made it back safely..we are all pretty used to foxes these days and they generally run away when they see us, there's loads on my estate and they don't hang about when seen around the streets..BUT... in there environment when its dark and they feel threatened over there cubs and are in packs they can be a whole diff animal..id hate to get bitten by 1 but at the wrong time these fukers can go into attack mode and when you cant see shit its not a nice feeling man. Glad you got the fuk out of there brother :yep:

• Like 2

@Revive

Not nice feeling at all! Obviously it was feeling threatened by me. Miles from civilisation so not used to humans. I was definitely in its territory! Same family as wolves apparently! Let’s hope the nutters that released all those otters don’t get they hands on wolves and start releasing them back into the wild! 
A few weeks ago was passing some farmland in the dark and as I emerged out of some shrubbery I came face to face with an alpaca in the torchlight it just stood there staring at me chewing it didn’t move. Scared the absolute shit out me thought my heart was going to explode! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hole in the clouds said:

@Revive

Not nice feeling at all! Obviously it was feeling threatened by me. Miles from civilisation so not used to humans. I was definitely in its territory! Same family as wolves apparently! Let’s hope the nutters that released all those otters don’t get they hands on wolves and start releasing them back into the wild! 
A few weeks ago was passing some farmland in the dark and as I emerged out of some shrubbery I came face to face with an alpaca in the torchlight it just stood there staring at me chewing it didn’t move. Scared the absolute shit out me thought my heart was going to explode! 

lollol fuk that mate..was it just in the wild or on someone's land? Never seen 1 of those up close, odd looking animals they are lol

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Let’s hope the nutters that released all those otters don’t get they hands on wolves and start releasing them back into the wild! 

I didn't read about that, when did that happen dude?

• Like 1

Just now, Revive said:

lollol fuk that mate..was it just in the wild or on someone's land? Never seen 1 of those up close, odd looking animals they are lol

Just passing through the corner of some farmland on my way home. Yeah don’t think I’ve ever seen one up close either! I stepped out of this bush into a field looked up to get my bearings and its dopey face was just there staring at me. It didn’t spook or do anything was it was just stood there staring straight into the torchlight. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hole in the clouds said:

Just passing through the corner of some farmland on my way home. Yeah don’t think I’ve ever seen one up close either! I stepped out of this bush into a field looked up to get my bearings and its dopey face was just there staring at me. It didn’t spook or do anything was it was just stood there staring straight into the torchlight. 

lol I can imagine the shock meeting up with 1 of those on a cold dark night..its crazy that it didn't flinch and just carried on scoffing lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Revive said:

I didn't read about that, when did that happen dude?

While there were careful reintroductions of otters due to their decline and some natural  repopulation due to improvements in habitat etc the so called environmentalists/otter groups took it upon themselves to help it along illegally and irresponsibly for years. 

• Like 2

On 05/08/2023 at 5:29 PM, Hole in the clouds said:

While there were careful reintroductions of otters due to their decline and some natural  repopulation due to improvements in habitat etc the so called environmentalists/otter groups took it upon themselves to help it along illegally and irresponsibly for years. 

Otters are a joke of a subject for us carp anglers man!! Bill oddy types man, loads of shot in the wild down here that people don’t believe lol will start going through photos and uploading for you lot!! Got alpaca farms where I am, people keeping big cats :doh:camels, it’s mental Wild West!! Properly mental!!

check out the invasive species list let alone bill oddy type nutters letting shit go lol

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/invasive-non-native-alien-animal-species-rules-in-england-and-wales

glad your ok, scary man, this season has been mad for encounters for loads of us!!

”if you go down to the woods today you’ll be in for a big surprise” lol no shit !!! 

Edited by Stigofthedank
  • Like 2

@Stigofthedank

Thats the only thing that gets to me when out at night is the thought of wild cats possibly being out there. I’m not sure there are despite all the supposed sightings. I guess it’s one of those things unless you see it with your own eyes.

Fished the ponds at Longleat a bit years ago and in the dead of night you would sometimes hear the lions it’s quite an experience knowing they are there and hopefully haven’t escaped! lol 

• Like 1

Just now, Hole in the clouds said:

@Stigofthedank

Thats the only thing that gets to me when out at night is the thought of wild cats possibly being out there. I’m not sure there are despite all the supposed sightings. I guess it’s one of those things unless you see it with your own eyes.

Fished the ponds at Longleat a bit years ago and in the dead of night you would sometimes hear the lions it’s quite an experience knowing they are there and hopefully haven’t escaped! lol 

I know just to put kind at rest they have been in the Wild West for 30+years with no fatal attacks !!!

bees are more dangerous just know what’s what aye 

https://www.discoverwildlife.com/news/new-dna-evidence-confirms-presence-of-big-cats-in-the-uk/

Just for people in doub

peace

stig

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Idicanna jones said:

That alpaca poop is awesome fertilizer dude. Get some scooped up!!!!

So it is :yep: Didn’t know that. Would be even weirder to be sneaking round in the dark on a Friday night collecting shit instead of being in bed with the Mrs though wouldn’t it surely? lollol 

• Like 3