Hole In The Clouds RGS diary 23

Hole in the clouds

Hi guys thought I’d start this diary. Been busy prepping clearing areas, cutting down trees, digging new holes and top dressing the old ones. 
Going to be a hard one to pull off as I have so much going on but I have high hopes!

All the best everyone let’s hope for good weather! 

• Like 6

large.13B7B466-0B4A-438C-9B6D-4E58FF525264.pnglarge.176FAAD5-EB62-4126-ABD2-268ED54628B8.png

Prime position on main plot has had a nice big hole lots of good stuff gone in here few weeks ago. 

• Like 6

large.5260C84E-2169-428A-8698-F50E602C2ACA.png

So this will eventually be my water source on main plot. Doubt it will be any use this year but will be finished in a week or two so should be nice and full for next year!

• Like 7

large.B28DD7A4-2B2F-460D-8C67-C5092C6DA653.jpegWanted a good variety so there’s ten strains there. Im going to try them all, so there will be at least one of each strain going out. 

• Like 10

Missed this so far !!

In the clouds onit!!!

Quick question that picture you said it gunna be a water source is the any membrane or plastic to catch it or is it all natural. 

Big selection of seeds .

Pulling up a chair.

Edited by B-real

@B-real

I’ve sort of just made the banks I need to dig it out and pile the earth onto the walls I’ve built. I’m planning to put a membrane down and try and get as big a catchment area as possible. Basically there’s a natural gully that feeds into this hole so was thinking of extending the membrane up into the gully couple of metres at a time over the summer. Hopefully when it rains it will create a nice stream down the gulley to feed the hole! :skin_up:

• Like 4

large.225771C7-FEC8-42AB-BC99-15FC3C433CB6.png

Left a tree half cut to fall in wind but it fell the wrong way. I’ve got a couple of holes under there! I had to cut it up to remove to sidelines in pieces before I could do anything. 

• Like 3

large.5E3ACFA1-FA63-4A42-B6F2-32A04C46F6FF.pnglarge.D9E80C71-54D2-446A-BCD8-05A3346DB837.pngThree holes from last year I planted a cover crop on them over winter and now dug it in with about 60l of coco/compost plus some amendments. 

Edited by Hole in the clouds
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Popped to my main plot dropped off some more coco to leave to hydrate and some compost that I dug into a couple of holes. Nearly all finished there now just a few bits to do and it’s ready.

First thing was to check on the new swimming pool which is filling up nicely :) 

I then headed off for the day plot hunting found two nice small south facing plots. One has lovely soil the other is rocky but both have sun dawn till dusk. Found loads of awesome areas but they were all EES facing would lose the sun in afternoon I’ll keep looking but would I get any success here? 

large.F12DCF9E-8849-49C2-B3D3-0684C9217644.png

• Like 7