Hole In The Clouds RGS diary 23

Hole in the clouds

Collected some more of the lower bits up. Left a few scraps again to cook while the weathers good. All adds up.

MAFF I’ve really dragged her out harvested her about half a dozen times now lol 

large.IMG_1548.jpeglarge.IMG_1549.jpeg

Gorilla Dawgs

large.IMG_1550.jpeglarge.IMG_1551.jpeg

Fast Zkittles 

large.IMG_1552.jpeglarge.IMG_1554.jpeg

• Like 4

What’s left of the Kushty bx1 I’ll take in a day or two. 

large.IMG_1548.jpeglarge.IMG_1557.jpeg

The only two whole plants I’ve still got out this season. Gorilla Dawgs now getting my full attention.

large.IMG_1558.jpeglarge.IMG_1559.jpeg

I’ve been de-stalking stuff to go into grove bags. Gorilla Dawg and Royal Mazar both smell incredible.

large.IMG_1560.jpeglarge.IMG_1561.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, flowerpowerandwhat said:

that royal mazar is looking nice and frosty, mate. what's the flavour like?

cheers

I’m not the best at smoke reports but I think earthy with something lurking. The smell is spicy sort of Middle Eastern mixed with fruit. 

• Like 3

Had a couple of hours before dark and the sun was still shining so went to collect some bud. I’ve been checking the Kushty bx1 every day and seemed ok but as soon as I dived in with the scissors I realised there was hidden rot. It was a risk to keep pushing her and I paid for it. Still got decent bit of nice buds off her though.

The white pistil Gorilla Dawg was nearly there and there was one or two little bits of mould. I wasn’t willing to lose 50% of yet another plant to rot so I harvested her. Made a change to have a nice clean plant. 

Harvested what was left of the Kushty bx1.

large.IMG_1567.jpeglarge.IMG_1570.jpeg

Harvested the white pistil Gorilla Dawg little early but nice chunky buds.

large.IMG_1568.jpeg

Got this pink pistil Gorilla Dawg still going 

large.IMG_1569.jpeg

Edited by Hole in the clouds
  • Like 10

Well that’s it all done, seasons over for me I don’t have anything left in the ground. I’ve cleared up the plot I just have to make another trip at some point to stash everything and to collect any bits to take home.
I mopped up all the lower bits I’d left and harvested the last plant, the pink pistil Gorilla Dawg. Bit early but with one or two bits of rot appearing and few days of damp weather forecast I would have lost more of her. 
I’m in the process of de-stalking the dry stuff and putting it in jars and grove bags. The strains that did the best for me this year were Mighty Freeze, Exo Gold, Royal Mazar, MAFF and Gorilla Dawg. Three of these strains were the free seeds given from placing orders! 
So I haven’t really sampled a lot yet. I’ve been smoking Mighty Freeze which I also grew last year. This years batch is a lot more dense and terpy. I’ve sampled the Exo Gold and that’s my favourite so far I think. It’s strong, smelly and tasty. Last night I tried MAFF and that seemed nice and tasty. I’ve collected a few bits of different strains yesterday to try over the next few days.

My first proper season. I’m knackered, the last 3 weeks have been non stop i think I’ve had two days in 3 weeks where I’ve not been to a plot. I’ve had some proper disasters and learnt loads but at this point I’m not sure I want to do it again! lol It’s not easy! It’s kind of like self punishment. It reminds me of those guys who dress in gimp suits while some bird in stiletto’s kicks them in the bollocks.

What was left on the plot. Just the last bits of plants and stumps all mopped up now, cleared and mulched over. 

large.IMG_1588.jpeg

The last plant of the season harvested there were one or two bits of bot and weather changing so I harvested her.

large.IMG_1605.jpeg

Pretty in pink

large.IMG_1606.jpeg

• Like 10

Busy getting everything in jars and grove bags. I will do some proper strain review smoke report at some point but here’s some quick photos from what I had out last night.

Seem to have Royal Mazar coming out of my ears at the moment. Don’t know where it all came from. Some of its really dark colours. The trichomes under magnification are crazy.

large.IMG_1618.jpeglarge.IMG_1619.jpeg

So ErdPurpz was a total flop for me. We had a week or two of ok weather and then the rain returned and they all turned to mush. I’m a bit gutted because I sampled this bit last night and it’s a bloody nice smoke.

large.IMG_1620.jpeg

Freezeland about to be de-stalked and put into grove bag. 

large.IMG_1621.jpeg

• Like 9

Coming towards the end of destalking final trim/ mould checks and putting into grove bags. Still have some stuff drying from 12 days ago need another day or two then I can shut the drying tent down.

large.IMG_1646.jpeglarge.IMG_1645.jpeg

• Like 8

@OldFordI like the Gorilla Dawg. Stinky, tasty, does the job nicely. I learned I had to catch it just before the mould was hitting but everything was the same this year. It did better than other strains in the wet. Definitely on my list for next year anyway 

• Like 4

Big ups @Hole in the clouds you find that the g dawg is a bit bland or just me? Was a lovely plant to grow and as this year was a really testing year I will put one out next year but I got a decent yield but only one plant that had a piney dawg smell rest really weren’t all that terpy,

got some lovely cookie dawg that I know I did indoor but is so terpy that even a percent of that would of been amazing maybe just the weather maybe me?

a nice smoke any how just not as advertised, how was yours? You know your dawg I assume lol 

big love

stig

Edited by Stigofthedank
Missed out some
  • Like 2

Ps zkittlzes smoke looks lovely :wub:

I have got a load in freezer for hash but lost most to rot, lovely buds just rot in centre bloody nightmare!! 

here’s to next year being a drier nicer season for Mary Jane :cheers:

well done man 

• Like 1