Hole In The Clouds RGS diary 23

Hole in the clouds

23 hours ago, Hole in the clouds said:

All the auto amnesia have gone out into two beds. All 14 days old from seed I think. Hopefully they will do alright I’m not particularly bothered just having a try with them really. Did have two runts. One I binned the other I’ve stuck out anyway see what it does. The bed in the photo I started prepping back in January so they should do well in there. Busy busy! They nearly all out now just got a few left :)

:hippy:

large.IMG_9598.png

Have u got any pictures of your auto amo runt? 

I had 1 runt as well & decided to plant it out any way. 

Looking good :yep:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 130RMORGA03 said:

Have u got any pictures of your auto amo runt? 

I had 1 runt as well & decided to plant it out any way. 

Looking good :yep:

Cheers, I haven’t no. I’ll take some more pics when I do a visit. Had a busy 3 days putting them all out. Just about finished as it was getting dark on the 3rd day. Stopped being fun after the first day lol I’ve had it I'm fucked! May as well put it out if you have space. I grew a weird ass auto last year. I harvested it, stuck it in the freezer for bubble and kept a couple grams to dry and smoke and it was bloody nice! Wish I’d dried more of it. 

• Like 1

Oh well the Amnesia Autos have had it! Came back to find they’ve all gone. Slugs? I dunno. I think birds have had them. Should have put mesh over top of beds. I’ve got one left. I’ve put a closed cage around it now.

I’ve got a few back up photoperiods in the tent kicking up a right stink (no filter :)) which I’ll stick in these beds now (individually caged though). 

large.IMG_9687.jpeglarge.IMG_9702.jpeglarge.IMG_9704.jpeglarge.IMG_9705.jpeg

• Like 5

A few of the photo period ones have been topped by something also. Think I’ll just leave these to recover? I’m thinking they have the root ball so will hopefully bounce back quickly?

large.IMG_9687.jpeglarge.IMG_9707.jpeglarge.IMG_9708.jpeg

Had this on one. Not sure what this is all about? Any ideas?

large.IMG_9709.jpeglarge.IMG_9710.jpeg

A Royal Mazar and Erdpurpz held back in the tent while I’ve been away have had new homes. 

large.IMG_9711.jpeglarge.IMG_9712.jpeglarge.IMG_9713.jpeg

• Like 7

Mighty freeze bx1 x3 (Rowan plot 1)

These were left a week ago to get on with it no slug collars or pellets and only 500ml each of water. Didn’t know what to expect on return but looking great. Gave them a good drink and put pellets down. 

large.IMG_9724.jpeglarge.IMG_9719.jpeglarge.IMG_9718.jpeglarge.IMG_9717.jpeg

• Like 9

Mighty freeze bx1 x3 (Rowan plot 2)

Same as above left with no slug pellets and just 500ml of water. 
One had been squished by a cage that had fallen over. I’ve reset it and secured it better now. Gave them a good drink and pellets. 

large.IMG_9715.jpeglarge.IMG_9721.jpeg
This one had been squished by a cage that had fallen on top of it.

large.IMG_9722.jpeg

• Like 8

So I worked out what’s been munching my babies, some sort of rodent. I think they are bank voles. Seen them last year but didn’t cause any problems. They’d been back digging under a cage and had another one I ripped it out and replaced it. They not even eating them they just being pricks. I’ve buried all the cages deeper and mounded soil up around them. 

Another two gone out today Royal Mazar and Erdpurpz. large.IMG_9745.jpeg

A MAFF and a Fast Zkittles both been out 9 days.

large.IMG_9746.jpeglarge.IMG_9747.jpeg

• Like 10

Two left in the tent. Exo Gold on left. Erdpurpz on right. Need potting up but I just need to get them out asap.
Smells gone now it’s those bloody gorilla dawg that are the right stinkers. Made a mistake couple posts up it was a gorilla dawg going out not Erdpurpz since that went out the stinks gone. 

large.IMG_9754.jpeg

Popped some more Gorilla dawg, mighty freeze and freezeland yesterday for a late plant out :)  

Edited by Hole in the clouds
  • Like 6

Returned to find these two like this they were the newly planted ones in what were the auto beds that got destroyed so were in a cage within a cage and nice little bushes.

large.IMG_9775.jpeglarge.IMG_9776.jpeg

Then this one i’d left as a stump in hope it would regrow had been chewed again so ripped this one out and planted the Exo from the tent in its place.

large.IMG_9777.jpeg

Went to plant the last one from tent the Erdpurpz few yards away. Came back ten minutes later to find this vole already in the newly planted cage! Don’t know what to do now. The cage is doubled over at the bottom as you can see in photo and it still fits through the mesh. Don’t know what to do now. They’ve chewed 20+ plants now and I’m fully expecting this one to be same on my return. 

large.IMG_9778.jpeg

• Like 5

Caught these two just as they were poking through.

large.IMG_9791.jpeg

Freezeland and a Gorilla Dawg already up.

large.IMG_9789.jpeg

• Like 7

Two hot sweaty days doing plot runs. The logistics involved in multiple plots is a strain was so much easier with one plot and a few plants last year!
Oh well I finished work on Thursday and set out in record time. Was an absolute scorcher of a day and was dying for a jay. I don’t normally smoke on the way but I’ve seen less than a handful of people since January so it’s pretty safe. So I stopped and rolled one. Carried on enjoying the weather and my 20minute trek turned into an hours stroll in my own little world photographing lichen.
Somehow then got completely lost when going to the main plot from a different direction and stuck in dense undergrowth not recognising any of it sweating my tits off kitted up with my jacket on, hood up, hat on and gloves etc. Dressed more like the depths of winter for protection. I had to use maps to find out where I was.

Got there in the end. The Exo gold I photographed with a mouse in the cage had been munched unsurprisingly and the other one I planted same day also.  Seems they like the freshly planted ones and then leave them alone. They also don’t seem to venture very far from their little areas as they are just munching them in certain spots the rest have been left alone completely.

Some of the original photoperiods ones that got chewed have recovered and now have multiple heads like this Freezeland

large.IMG_9857.jpeg

The others are doing fine all were bursting  out the cages. I’d left them semi closed at the top last visit so were thankful to be released. Worked my way through each one opening the tops of the cages, cutting back the vegetation, a good watering and slug pellets.

The Royal Mazar seem very uniform. They are in the mouse zone though so a couple have been lost.

large.IMG_9859.jpeg

The Erdpurpz are doing well got a few of these here.

large.IMG_9858.jpeg

Fast Zkittles look ok but they took the hit at the seedling stage when I had a bit of a disaster and still seem to be holding a grudge :) 

large.IMG_9856.jpeg

This Gorilla Dawg has been a bit of an animal ever since germinating. No idea what these will be like but I’ve developed a bit of a soft spot for them. 

large.IMG_9847.jpeg

• Like 8

Day two and a visit to the Rowan plot (Don’t know why I called it that just going to call it the Mighty Freeze plot from now as it has 6 Mighty Freeze).  
They getting on with it doing they own thing. Did a bit of maintenance and watered. Need to cut two trees down here ready for the low autumn sun but it’s south facing hillside and I’m ok for now. Will hopefully get some rain and I can leave them to it for a while.

large.IMG_9861.jpeglarge.IMG_9862.jpeg

So I had a plan! :D I’d found a new plot a couple weeks ago looked good so I’ve been carting stuff to the mighty freeze plot on the water runs ready to take to the new plot once I had a day free. I also germinated 10 seeds ready. So after tending to the mighty freeze I loaded up the rucksack with compost etc and made my way over. This time it didn’t look anywhere near as good as I remembered and thought shit I got some work to do here there’s lots of trees and they are taller than I thought. Stuck the spade in bang solid stone 6” down. Try again, bang! Shit not good. Literally the whole plot had 6” of really nice soil then solid stone. That’s that then, no good! What a waste of time! So I’ve had to leave all the shit there for the summer stashed up a tree and will use it to amend the mighty freeze plot during the winter. 
So I’m stuck now got seedlings on the go with no homes. I could stick a few on the main plot need to do something about those mice though or they’ll just get munched. But really I need to find a plot!

Id fully prepped a couple of holes in a spot during the winter but when I returned it was all grown over and couldn’t find the holes! lol Also too close to a trail for the smell so not worth the risk. Hmmm need to sort something pronto! 

• Like 7