The monster is coming

murphyblue

The monster has arrived. lol

I booked a day of work today to finally go and fill the monster.

Heres a list at whats gone in it.

Lots of compo.

Lots of coco.

Lots of biochar.

Lots of worm poo.

Lots of volcanic dust.

Lots of FBB.

Lots of bonemeal.

Lots of seaweed meal.

Lots of chicken poo pellets.

Some horse poo that had been rotting down over winter.

Some topsoil from nearby.

And a couple of bales of straw for a mulch.

Think thats it oh no about 100 worms from my wormery in the garden.

First the 2 sour diesel autos.

large.P1020505.JPG

The monster.

large.P1020496.JPG

Comparison pic thats a 80L dustbin.

large.P1020497.JPG

And it just so happens i took the fast lemon cake to plot with me.

large.P1020498.JPGlarge.P1020499.JPGlarge.P1020500.JPGlarge.P1020501.JPG

The stakes are temporary and will be replaced once she get a bit bigger.

She was watered in but hope we get a shower later give the pot a good soaking as its suppossed to be a nice day tomorrow.

STAY SAFE OUT THERE.:hippy:

Edited by murphyblue
  • Like 16

@murphyblue

Fuk me you could get a family of 4 in that pot brother murphy..I cant wait to see the size of the girl that takes up residence in that penthouse suite when she's done..

Watching with great interest, ill be stoned and dribbling in the corner somewhere :yep:

• Like 3

Haha I’ve been looking forward to seeing this! Its huge! She looks lost in there lol

• Like 1

A little bit on the backstory of the monster pot.

Mark from seedstockers announced the 420l pot comp thought good idea but i had loads of seeds i won in the RGS comp i wanted to try so didn't enter.

But the pot gave me an idea if i get a bigger one will have an instant raised bed stupidly forgetting i still had to fill it.

So one very stoned evening i came across the pot online and 8 days later all the way from the states it arrived.

That was over a year ago as due to me having health problems last season i just wasn't able enough to fill it.

The plan is now its filled is treat it like a no till set up.

Anyways @Revive sorry mate couldn't get them renes to split not even in kitchen roll and has i GOT to shut down the cab completly in 3 weeks time i have had to scrap them for this season.

Pity cos i loved the look of them when u ran em so will plant some next season and start em early like i done the other subbies this year.

So to make up the space i pulled 2 DFG's out of the seedbox yesterday and put em to soak.

One was very keen and split over night so is now in dirt the other still soaking most are up and will go out in a week or 2.

large.P1020512.JPGlarge.P1020513.JPG

• Like 8

1 hour ago, murphyblue said:

sorry mate couldn't get them renes to split not even in kitchen roll

Sorry to hear this brother murphy..as far as I know others have been successful so could just be shit luck.. when I germ tested them I put 6 down but no heat mat or fuk all so not the best conditions and got 4 out the 6 then put another 3 down but with a heat mat this time and got 3 out of 3.. a couple weeks back a germ tested some of the gg3 x gg3 that I made last season, they was slow with some taking 5 days in kitchen after being soaked to split and show taps.. I guess you could try to assist and crack the seed by hand before putting them back into towels for a couple days but you have already put others in soak now to replace them so you prob binned them by now..

I've never ran DFG whats the smoke like?

• Like 3

I just put it down to a bit of bad luck @Revive like i said will pop some early next season sex em and then put em out so hopefully will get a couple of big ones.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, murphyblue said:

I just put it down to a bit of bad luck @Revive like i said will pop some early next season sex em and then put em out so hopefully will get a couple of big ones.

Cool brother.. look forward to seeing that when the time comes..if you get anything close to the mom in the mix im sure it will be worth the wait :)

Be lucky :yinyang:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Revive said:

Cool brother.. look forward to seeing that when the time comes..if you get anything close to the mom in the mix im sure it will be worth the wait :)

Be lucky :yinyang:

You had a nice looking crop with that rene a bit gutted i couldn't get a couple going to be honest as i am trying out a good few subbies this season.

Hopefully i can find an outdoor gem for my neck of the woods.

I am on the look out for another plot for next season to run just regs maybe cross some of the subbies that do well into established outdoor lines see what they bring and try them out the following season.

I put a limit on 60 so got 2-3 years left in me it don't get any easier. lol

Anyways we have plot pics i had to go check on her she is looking fine.

large.P1020520.JPGlarge.P1020521.JPG

• Like 9

3 hours ago, murphyblue said:

You had a nice looking crop with that rene a bit gutted i couldn't get a couple going to be honest

Mate I cant fault it at all in anyway tbh, real top shelf bud and about as resistant to rot as they come..caked in trichs and really easy to trim due to the way she grew..

Yeah mate I think with regs it is best they have have there own plot cause they can't be a ball ache for us outdoor folk depending how we go about it of course.. 

I'm doing just what you said really having a play with some regs, chucking some pollen from some gg3 males at them then I will have a play with the results next season..its all a bit of fun with so much to learn at the same time..

That FLC is already looking much more settled in that mahoosive pot bro :)

• Like 5

Mate that is a serious effort of a pot, big ups @murphybluesitting watching, waiting anxious for that to take off, gonna explode!!!

Hats off to you :flex:

• Like 1

Thanks all been a couple of years in the making this pot and hard graft getting there.

I would advise any newbie who hasn't grown outside before to go back and read old comp diaries and in the outdoor section theres all the info u need right there.

Anyways plot run to plant out a couple of sour diesel autos the early plant outs been hit in a slimey bugger attack one pretty bad.

Todays plant outs and the earlier ones.

large.P1020537.JPGlarge.P1020538.JPGlarge.P1020539.JPGlarge.P1020540.JPG

To try and stop it i cut a load of leaves of the subbies i have out and spread em around hopefully they will munch these instead of the plants.

Anyways today wasn't just a plant out i had work to do filling a back up supply of water 18.5L in each i emptied a full one into the pot mid week.

large.P1020532.JPG

So today she got her first taste of liquid food she had 10L with a splash of seasol and liquid comfrey.

I repositioned the main mid week and done the same today also a little gentle pressure trying to spread the lowers outwards they are still a bit to short to stake out yet.

Pot.

large.P1020533.JPGlarge.P1020534.JPGlarge.P1020535.JPG

Still got a load to go out some next weekend maybe the last a week later not so bad about 2 weeks behind where i wanted to be anyways.....

• Like 13

Just been in the cab to water before lights off and things are ticking along.

Figured 2 more plants out and i will be done.

All RGS except for one subbie.

large.P1020560.JPGlarge.P1020561.JPG

Off to spend the day in the garden.

• Like 7

4 sour diesel autos and the fast lemon cake tonight on way home from work.

Watered everything and repositioned the main on the big girl.

large.P1020575.JPGlarge.P1020576.JPGlarge.P1020577.JPGlarge.P1020578.JPGlarge.P1020573.JPGlarge.P1020586.JPG

• Like 9