Rough and ready extracts

Rustybiff

22 hours ago, PureSmkr said:

I can try to help with some questions regarding this process if anyone would like me to. 

Absolutely @PureSmkr, your contributions are fully encouraged! Especially like the bit where you talk about having refined your process to simplify it, that's what I'm all about :) some people go the opposite way and end up complicating things.

If you wouldn't mind, what exactly is hash rosin? I'm fairly new to the world of extracts.. is that bubble hash that you've hot pressed to extract the goods?

Sounds like a good process, I see the hot plate stirrers are only about £40 so definitely something I could invest in for future endeavours. I can imagine it's easier to do this process with more starting material? I've lost more trying to gather it than I'll end up with in the end lol

I'll defo have a few more questions as time goes by so thanks for the help.. One of them is this; I bought powdered lecithin, is this still something I can use with it or should I invest in some liquid stuff?

Cheers man!

• Like 1

@Rustybiff Hash rosin is what’s produced after you press your trichomes through a fine mesh bag under heat.
What you make squishing flower is flower rosin, which definitely has its place but is much less potent or flavourful than if you’d pressed only the trichome heads. I don’t make flower rosin as it tends to include lots of fatty lipids from the plant matter. Hash rosin can have lipids in too if you’re not careful pressing it, the waxy trichome membrane can melt and be pressed through the mesh with the oil if too much pressure is used, making the final product a bit harsh like flower rosin can be, and leaves residue in your banger after dabbing it. 

Yeah those hot plate stirrers only make sense if you’re making a fair bit of it. I press about an oz of hash in each mesh bag, and do 2 or 3 each batch so end up with about 60-80g of finished oil once I’ve added the MCT & lecithin, making 50 or 60 x 000 capsules. 

I’ve not tried powdered lecithin but I’d imagine it would work just the same. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dreamer420 said:

I wish ingesting it worked for me, such an easy way of taking it.

Couldn’t be easier!

Farms not pharms

large.E9797815-228F-4C93-8112-A48564AF4DB2.jpeg

Down the hatch! 

• Like 7

I’ll give it a try one day, when I have plenty about. But every time I’ve tried eating, it’s never worked :-(

So I had a go at the jelly hash @MindSoup

Don't know what I did but it came out much firmer, maybe just from adding more kief.. Either way it's a very satisfying piece, 3.5g exactly! I'd love to 3D print a little hash stamp... Or maybe I'll make one out of ceramic?

Here's the oil from a longer extraction like you suggested.. Just a load of trim that had already been dry sifted. After all the ISO evaporated, I put it on a water bain marie on the hob in a little ceramic bowl and let it bubble away for a while.. It was a nightmare to gather up :frown:.. I assume that's enough to purge the ISO?

large.20230410_232542_compress80.jpg

Animal biscuits dry sift from earlier in the diary

large.20230410_232641_compress82.jpg

Mixed the two together and there we have it... It's softened up really nicely since making it and gets that lovely sheen on it. Happy days! Can't wait to smoke some :disguise2:. Seen as the trim was cured I shouldn't think it would need much ageing?

large.20230415_102848_compress58.jpglarge.20230415_103004_compress36.jpglarge.20230415_103154_compress35.jpg

@PureSmkr cheers for explaining the rosin query and sorry for the late response been busy as oot.. I hope the impurities of my efforts don't offend you by the way, your oil looks top class! Must have some material to be pressing that much at once :scared:

• Like 12

Looks absolutely lovely mate, like you say just a higher ratio of sift to oil then the bit in my photo, but like I said, there's no rules. 

You can definitely smoke it straight away, but it improves a lot with age, starts to really develop that classic hashy aroma. 

• Like 1

@MindSoup cheers man I'm dead chuffed with it, always wanted to make this kind of hash so thanks for the pointers! How long would you age it as a minimum? I'm developing a lot of patience now so prepared to wait, got to get that hashy pong going

29 minutes ago, Rustybiff said:

So I had a go at the jelly hash @MindSoup

Don't know what I did but it came out much firmer, maybe just from adding more kief.. Either way it's a very satisfying piece, 3.5g exactly! I'd love to 3D print a little hash stamp... Or maybe I'll make one out of ceramic?

Here's the oil from a longer extraction like you suggested.. Just a load of trim that had already been dry sifted. After all the ISO evaporated, I put it on a water bain marie on the hob in a little ceramic bowl and let it bubble away for a while.. It was a nightmare to gather up :frown:.. I assume that's enough to purge the ISO?

large.20230410_232542_compress80.jpg

Animal biscuits dry sift from earlier in the diary

large.20230410_232641_compress82.jpg

Mixed the two together and there we have it... It's softened up really nicely since making it and gets that lovely sheen on it. Happy days! Can't wait to smoke some :disguise2:. Seen as the trim was cured I shouldn't think it would need much ageing?

large.20230415_102848_compress58.jpglarge.20230415_103004_compress36.jpglarge.20230415_103154_compress35.jpg

@PureSmkr cheers for explaining the rosin query and sorry for the late response been busy as oot.. I hope the impurities of my efforts don't offend you by the way, your oil looks top class! Must have some material to be pressing that much at once :scared:

That right their is my favourite hash of all time. I make mine usually in my garden. I save through a old cloth fastening it over a sweet tub and shake or drum the shit out of it. Then into a old pipe same cloth and butane to get Bho to mix in. Takes a few hours but the rewards are well worth the effort. 

gallery_73781_4410_56283.jpglarge.20200531_192418.jpglarge.20200531_192542.jpglarge.20200601_231919.jpglarge.20200601_231852.jpg

• Like 12

@brock1 hohooooo man I saw your hash animals!! Just jogged my memory, what an awesome form to keep it in :D that bho looks lovely, and that beautiful brown piece... I'm struggling to grasp your process from the description, did you post about it ever cause I'd love to see how you go about it! Got some Killer Daze R1 set aside for me by the way, can't wait. Will probably run them next with the Chelato :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rustybiff said:

How long would you age it as a minimum?

A month makes a big difference, a year even more. Definitely worth having a wee sample now though :smokin:.

• Like 1

Just now, MindSoup said:

Definitely worth having a wee sample now though :smokin:.

I could be persuaded :skin_up:tonight's the night

• Like 3

That stuff looks the bomb!!!

I'm vaping my hash rosin it's got a decent hash stone .

Anyone here reading this what do you say on adding kief to terpy hash rosin for spliffs would it be jelly hash ?

19 hours ago, brock1 said:

That right their is my favourite hash of all time. I make mine usually in my garden. I save through an old cloth fastening it over a sweet tub and shake or drum the shit out of it. Then into an old pipe same cloth and butane to get Bho to mix in. Takes a few hours but the rewards are well worth the effortgallery_73781_4410_56283.jpglarge.20200531_192418.jpglarge.20200531_192542.jpglarge.20200601_231919.jpg

Thats another level!!!! I’m seriously amazed…. Where can I find that method? I’ll probably balls it up but worth a go.

Cheers

• Like 2