Rough and ready extracts

Rustybiff

So over the past couple of weeks I've had an itch that needed scratching. I'm not talking about the rash from my double glazed bubblewrap pyjamas, though that does need some attention :wassnnme:...

I really got the urge to make some extracts, so thought I'd share what I've made in this thread. They're not the prettiest or the purest as you can see from the pics, but it's just a start for now.

I find the processes as rewarding if not more so than smoking the final product, so relaxing and fun to make.

Bought a trim bin for the latest harvest, there are some gaps between the screen and the casing which is a load of shite really having paid £45, but never mind. I find dry sifting way more enjoyable than the messiness of bubble hashing.

Dusted a spliff with this the other night and it blew my tits off! This is from the Animal Biscuits and OGZKdog that I've just cropped

large.20230102_140908_compress43.jpg

You can see where there is some plant matter among it

large.20230102_140246_compress30.jpg

And a bit of it pressed in the slipper whilst noodling on the drums.. I felt @Vicfirth12 you would approve of this technique and it was the only logical approach seen as they were your beans lol

large.20230102_140848_compress13.jpg

Now on to the waxy shattery side of things. I saw a thread where you posted a pic of your hair straightener setup@vince noir rock n roll star and it inspired me to go a similar path.. I had some bits of aluminium around so put the elements behind those to protect them a little but I don't know how necessary that was...

large.20221225_004730_compress3.jpg

Finally dialed in the temperature enough to get something the right colour compared to what I've seen, I think?

large.20221225_011352_compress20.jpg

What a faff it was to get this stuff gathered up

large.20230102_134736_compress27.jpglarge.20230102_141011_compress87.jpg

As you can see, There are few bits in it because I had to repress my first attempts, but I don't care at this stage, I've just made my own bloody wax! :toot:

large.20230102_135832_compress31.jpglarge.20230102_135857_compress86.jpg

So that's it, please feel free to share your own haphazard techniques, I don't strive for perfection when it comes to growing, although I love seeing the work of people on here that do.

Didn't want to soil your thread with my dutty dry sift @lildaveham, but your stuff inspired me to have a go :)

Nearly forgot to ask one burning question I have, what's the cheapest way to make a dab rig? I already have a sneaky pete bubbler, do I just need a male to male glass adapter and a titanium nail? Any suggestions would be great as I'm fully clueless!

Cheers guys

• Like 31

with a pair of electronic pin point tweezers you could clean that rosin up a treat ..but why bother unless its a competition or its for a patient ...absolutely cockin lovely stuff you have created both sieved and pressed ..well done fella ..we love a bit of homemade ingenuity put into practise .

noice ..

• Like 11

I'll hopefully be joining in with the extractions soon.

I'll follow along and maybe pick up some good tips :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Nice  :realcool:

A Quartz banger nail, a carb cap and a big torch are probably cheapest 

https://vapefiend.co.uk/collections/quartz-bangers

(cheaper on the auction site or from china) 

If you've got a herb vape, a pinch of ecig vaping cotton, rayon or washed hemp fibres will enable you to vape the rosin in most vapes 

If you've got an ecig battery box mod thing there are a few cheap atomizers with a bucket and coil, under the bucket, like the motar, quarta, crystal, glowcore, orbit ... 

• Like 5

Guest anarchycamp

That's awesome! So is that a hair straightener you've used too?

How much return  is that piece roughly?

@MindSoup @Shumroom @GoodblokeWell cheers guys that's lovely to hear, honestly though, £15 for the cheapest straighteners on't auction site, a vice and some basic tools and it was built in an hour or two, I'd encourage anyone to have a go, dead easy!

@vince noir rock n roll star thanks man, much appreciated! Wouldn't even have known it was an option if I hadn't seen the image you uploaded a few years ago so I owe you one.. never knew about the pin point tweezers existing, as you say though probably not worth fussing over at this level, just get it smyecked, lovely job :)

@Hippie on hill cheers mate that's exactly the kind of info I need.. sounds like I'd go down the nail/torch route as it seems the easiest to get started, I'll have a look into it now.. got a dynavap but I've put it to one side for now as I find heating it with a torch is doing my head in when the aim is to relax in the evening.

@anarchycamp heyyyy buddy.. yeah it's just the cheapest hair straighteners on ebay which happened to be extra wide, plastic casing removed.. the blue LED is the heat setting which cycles through 170, 190, 210 and 230⁰C... I think 190 is the one. As for yield I have no idea yet as my scales seem to be on the way out, I think I probably crushed getting on for an eighth for that?? But could be way out!

• Like 4

Guest anarchycamp

@RustybiffImpressed by this enough to try it out, must have missed Vince's thread on it.

Always had it in my head it wasnt doable, especially after seeing the thread for £850 homemade presses. 

Good job dude!

What's the end result toke wise? 

@lildaveham it certainly does brother! I couldn't agree more, hash is such a magical thing :) gonna leave it be for a few weeks before sampling... been seeing your cheese/digiberry by the way and it looks so beautiful.. Wasn't sure if you have a diary on it or not though! :skin_up:

@anarchycamp yeah man it's one of those things that I put in a mental box labelled 'things I'll never be able to do' lol.. it was actually a thread about a press made by slippy one I think?? Anyway so yeah, so bloody easy if you have a vice already, went from an idea to looking at wax in 2 days! I just ordered a quartz banger and carb cap so I'll let you know on the smoke shortly :yep:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go @Revive, sorry there aren't more pictures but it's dead straight forward.. you don't really need the aluminium but it was lying around and I just felt like tinkering. you asked about the yields and I'm afraid I don't know as my scales are bit shit but @vince noir rock n roll star may know a bit more about that? 

• Like 3