Rough and ready extracts

Rustybiff

10 hours ago, Rustybiff said:

niiiiice.. what pen do you use again? Would be nice to have one in the collection... Was in a headshop today and looked at those silicone jars but they were charging £12 a pop!! 

It's the coil king aio from recommend vape supplies. They have a new pen out now though that's a better option for not much more money called the Lightning Pen..

eBay mate, 2.50 each with a 3 for 2 deal they're called "Bounce! Silicone Mini Round Storage Pot Random Colour Delivery Stash Container" 

10 hours ago, Rustybiff said:

Also hope you know the approval thing was a joke,

Ofc :hippy:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Hi. What do you mean by this?

I thought heat and or vacuum was the purging method and assume freezing may introduce moisture to the mix.

Cheers 

You put it in the freezer and then let it thaw and repeat basically, I don't know the ins and outs of why it works but it definitely draws more bubbles out. If you do it in something glass or metal it will attract a bit of condensation, which I somehow always forget, but if you transfer it into something silicone or even baking paper first you shouldn't get that issue. The water doesn't really do any harm, just makes a few cloudy spots but that clears with age. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M Pamplemousse said:

Hi. What do you mean by this?

Hi mate, it might be old fashioned now but people used to freeze and thaw, freeze and thaw a few times to release any residue butane left in the oil

e2+ didn’t see soups answered :stoned:  

Edited by twigs
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

It's the coil king aio from recommend vape supplies. They have a new pen out now though that's a better option for not much more money called the Lightning Pen..

eBay mate, 2.50 each with a 3 for 2 deal they're called "Bounce! Silicone Mini Round Storage Pot Random Colour Delivery Stash Container" 

Ofc :hippy:

LP superior imo as bucket, although some prefer the taste from a coil.

I have both and never use the CK.....

Yeah it looks way better. When I got the CK they where saying they would be releasing a bucket, but then a month of 2 later they bought out the LP :doh:. Apparently the battery in the CK wasn't up to the task of heating a bucket up properly. 

Awesome cheers @MindSoup, gotta make some more money now ;)

Edit: damn that lightning pen looks great! I found when I was using the bubbler and banger all of my dabs were recondensing inside the bubbler and I was barely getting high... plus the dry heat was giving me an irritated oesophagus, not fun!

Edited by Rustybiff
  • Like 2

Well, inspired by all this, I've checked my cafetière to see if it comes apart, and it does - next up I'll grab some butane and give this BHO thing a try :)

• Like 1

On 11/05/2023 at 8:57 AM, MindSoup said:

So I ordered a few more of these after talking about them. Must have got something muddled up because these ones are tiny lol

large.Compress_20230513_163205_5748.jpg

• Like 3

I like to use the Platinum cured Silicone containers(medical grade),

I’m not sure if it makes a difference in the long term storage/health implications.

Oil Slick is the make I remember.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 1

Yeah these definitely aren't medical grade, silicone is pretty inert though, so should be safe enough, or at least that's what I'll tell myself lol.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

Long term, the terps can slowly seep through the silicone 

So dark glass is better for long term storage

But I don't store it that long and it's easier to get it all out of the silicone

so I usually use silicone pots for mine 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Here's some oil I made from some Iso used to clean my vape's glass mouthpieces over the past year. I left the dark brown Iso in a glass dish to evaporate overnight, then scraped up the residue with a steel spatula.  It's semi-solid at room temperature. One penny piece for scale.

large.IMG_20230723_161520.jpeg

• Like 2