Rough and ready extracts

Rustybiff

Just now, twigs said:

do you purge the freezer way?(thaw and repeat?) e2+ you answered before i’d asked

Yeah usually, although it must be a bit humid today because now I've pulled it out there's loads of condensation on the glass, hopefully it doesn't mess things up. 

E2A sometimes I just leave it sat on my amp for a day or so, not sure if that's effective or not.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

Just now, twigs said:

before me and my mate were more ‘edgamcated’ on the subject, we used to dip buds in the iso/oil mix as it was evaporating and smoke those waiting for the iso to finish 

Fuck me that must have been hard on the throat lol. Like you say people where way less concerned with that stuff back in the day. 

• Like 2

@MindSoup

post-12796-1143488708.jpgit was hard on the plastic grinder lol 

after the dipped bud dried, it went totally rock hard lol 

Edited by twigs
add photo of dipped bud
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Few more months and you should behave plenty of trim and popcorn to play with.

Oooooh I know! I very excite!

I've tried straight up dry sift/Frenchy tech hash, but this thread has got my mind ticking on what other ways to produce something extra spesh :D

• Like 1

There's so many fun things you can make, hash, oil/butter, shatter, tincture, rosin the list goes on and on. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

we had to go to about 6 garages and news agents with already massive red eye, to get all the bute lol post-12796-1143487978.jpg

post-12796-1143488339.jpg

bubble bubble..

I think the tube held 4.5oz

got about 14g? I really can’t remember :stoned: we split what we got into brownies and smokes

post-12796-1143488852.jpg

into cakes 

post-12796-1143489597.jpg

post-12796-1143489841.jpg

lol they were brilliant :smokin:

• Like 6

Wowee that's a big old tube, the extract looks lovely. Is that a a bay window campervan arch I'm seeing? 

E2A I was planning on making BHO this time, but I can't get the ends off my pyrex rolling pin lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

it was a fun weekend @MindSoup lol 

yes dude, old Gus  :)  we got her at the place that sells vdub’s in London lol 

rolling pin? :huh:

Edited by twigs
  • Like 2

Here she is after going in the freezer and then back on the amp a few times, can definitely see a few more bubbles forming. But of a weird floaty thing in the middle, I think its water that gets in when you freeze it, makes an emulsion, but like engine oil whem your head gasket goes.

large.20230510_190448.jpglarge.20230510_190458.jpglarge.Compress_20230510_191228_8286.jpg

So yeah probably not a bad shout to go a bit further than I normally do with purging. I had a little sample and it was a nice clean melt, left basically nothing on the coil of my pen, hits pretty well too, pretty happy with it. Definitely room for improvement though, got a few ideas to get the next run even better. 

• Like 10

@twigs that's unreal!!

Click here to see a PVC secret that plumbers would HATE you to know...

@MindSoup niiiiice.. what pen do you use again? Would be nice to have one in the collection... Was in a headshop today and looked at those silicone jars but they were charging £12 a pop!! 

Also hope you know the approval thing was a joke, don't think it read that way lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, twigs said:

do you purge the freezer way?(thaw and repeat?) 

nice run dude :stoned:  

Hi. What do you mean by this?

I thought heat and or vacuum was the purging method and assume freezing may introduce moisture to the mix.

Cheers 

• Like 1