Rough and ready extracts

Rustybiff

@Revive  I use either my dab pen or quartz banger for my bong.

The dab pen is a Linx Ember, it does the job but definitely room for improvements and looking to upgrade at some point to a coil-less flat bowl

large.20221221_173942.jpg

Edited by Military Grade
typo before definitely
  • Like 4

if its for your own use is there any need to know weights? ..i really cant say as i dont own those tiny scales ..just happy to know that i can nip out to me shed any time i like and squish a nug or two ..

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Military Grade said:

I use either my dab pen or quartz banger for my bong.

Looks really tasty mate.. nice clean pen makes all the diff im sure :yep:

• Like 2

Guest anarchycamp
1 hour ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

if its for your own use is there any need to know weights? ..i really cant say as i dont own those tiny scales ..just happy to know that i can nip out to me shed any time i like and squish a nug or two ..

I didnt ask for weight, only return. If a press that cost a couple of hundred gives me 20-30% and the straighteners only gave 5% then I'd be saving the pennies. I still want to make one myself too!

Side note - someone has made the pollen tumbler you can get on the search engine into a more easily produced 3D printed model.....Genius. Bet he/she's raking it in

surely that depends on how much you run through either method and the quality ,, i run an 1/8th through my vice ,others run1/8th  or more through a press ..the results should be similar whichever method i use

the press just allows more material to be pressed in one go whereas using a vice gonna take yer a good while ..spose it depends on if youre in a hurry ..also depends on whether you are using a bag to load the material ..temp and pressure would also be a factor ..

this leads me back to ..how quick do you need to get rosin ? or is it just for ease of use to process lots of material as opposed to small batch for personal pleaasure ..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Military Grade said:

@Revive  I use either my dab pen or quartz banger for my bong.

The dab pen is a Linx Ember, it does the job but definitely room for improvements and looking to upgrade at some point to a coil-less flat bowl

Recommended vape solutions have a new bucket based pen. Look for 'lightning pen'. 

I don't have one as happy with mod based buckets but might be an option for you. I can send a pm link if you can't find it.

• Like 3

I've been eyeing up that lightning pen, ive been really impressed with their Coil King AIO for the price but was a bit disappointed that they could never figure out how to make a bucket for it. 

• Like 1

This sounds a good project for complimenting today's footy. I've got some hair straighteners & a vice somewhere around. Can anyone find the DIY link as I can't make out what is going on? 

@M PamplemousseI've loads of ecig 510 mods, any recommendations or general advice for a dab atty of some kind to suit?

That Lightning does look spot on, but if the cost can be reduced with something that uses my mods, then that sounds even better. 

7 minutes ago, Goodbloke said:

@M PamplemousseI've loads of ecig 510 mods, any recommendations or general advice for a dab atty of some kind to suit?

That Lightning does look spot on, but if the cost can be reduced with something that uses my mods, then that sounds even better. 

Hi. I recommend looking at the divine tribe dtv5 (RVS has them in stock).

You might need to install artic fox for better temp management but Matt at RVS can help you out.

The slightly cheaper sequoia is also good but I much prefer the dtv5.

If money no object avs M22 is good but really needs to be paired with their own mod box to avoid the pita clip change/resistance variations.

Dtv5 for the win imo.

• Like 2

@Military Grade they're some lovely photos mate, lovely golden color! Mind if I ask what your technique is? I'm curious which temp setting to use as the minimum says 170C on the straighteners, max is 210. My gut is saying to use minimum, but for how long? :g:

@vince noir rock n roll star I see your point now to be fair, I assumed the return would be less with straighteners too actually.. Seeing the price of building a bigger press is the reason! Good to know the same results can be achieved..

@Goodbloke Have fun with the project bud, get some pics uploaded along the way!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rustybiff said:

@Military Grade they're some lovely photos mate, lovely golden color! Mind if I ask what your technique is? I'm curious which temp setting to use as the minimum says 170C on the straighteners, max is 210. My gut is saying to use minimum, but for how long? :g:

@vince noir rock n roll star I see your point now to be fair, I assumed the return would be less with straighteners too actually.. Seeing the price of building a bigger press is the reason! Good to know the same results can be achieved..

@Goodbloke Have fun with the project bud, get some pics uploaded along the way!

few years ago the bloke who won the cannabis cup extracts (hightimes) was making his rosin with hair straighteners ..

so the machinery dont really matter its more about how much you want to process ..if you only gonna do a bit here and there then the vice straighteners combo works well ..of course if you got bag fulls then you might feel the need to squish a lot more in one go hence the presses would be helpful .

• Like 5

If I remember at some point I'll dig out my sketchy DIY rosin press, scares the shit out of the Mrs so I'll do it when she's out lol

It's an 18 inch square by 2inch thick block of teak with the guts from a cheap temp adjustable straightener attached, one fixed hot plate in the middle with the other "floating" (with another block of wood attached to the back) I've put "guides" on so the plates don't move under pressure.

Either side of the plates are two cupboard handles.

I stand one footed on the top plate , grab the handles and pull with all the force I can muster , pressing my entire bodyweight and then some onto the plates and it actually works a treat, all for less than 35 quid :skin_up:

:yinyang:

Edited by BilgePump
  • Like 7