Put in freezer few mins

large.20230418_111139_compress70.jpg

Tiny bit to try in the kief

large.20230418_110541_compress99.jpg

Mixed together

large.20230418_110924_compress41.jpg

And into a blunt ready for a dog walk.

Got to give this a go looks tasty

Lovely job, I tried some of mine last night, very medicinal stone! I'm a bit paranoid that I didn't fully purge the iso now but think it's a bit late.. I didn't think it would take days on a bain marie, mine was only on there for 30 mins :mellow:

What you reckon @MindSoup?

Days? Nah mine gets the same as you. Even if you have a wee bit stuck in there I'm sure it will come out with some ageing.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Few more months and you should behave plenty of trim and popcorn to play with. A friend and I made a 5L batch of iso last autumn, should have taken some pictures, think he's still trying to scrape it all up now lol.

• Like 3

@MindSoup Looking sweet. Does the end result retain notable ISO smell after evaporation and storage? Asking this since an extract done using 100% acetone never seemed to lose the hint of acetone smell and so vaping/dabbing it appeared bit dubious personally. Did end up using it all eventually due good effect. ;)

• Like 1

No mate, no smell at all. I evaporate over some heat (upturned lid of a slow cooker with the handle removed so it doesn't melt) and as you get near the end of evaporation you can see bubbles forming, once they stop I leave it to cool and air overnight then it goes into the fridge/freezer to make it brittle and easy to scrape up. By then I feel like it's good to go, but I have seen other people recommend further "purging" to get out any possible remaining traces. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, MindSoup said:

A friend and I made a 5L batch of iso last autumn, should have taken some pictures, think he's still trying to scrape it all up now lol.

before me and my mate were more ‘edgamcated’ on the subject, we used to dip buds in the iso/oil mix as it was evaporating and smoke those waiting for the iso to finish lollol 

it was two decades ago mind :smokin:

do you purge the freezer way?(thaw and repeat?) e2+ you answered before i’d asked lol 

nice run dude :stoned:  

Edited by twigs
  • Like 3