Rustybiff

Looking lovely mate, hopefully the ABC doesn't get too crazy, there's usually always one that dominates a bit. 

Glad the sensors working out well for you, be interesting to see how much of a difference it makes running a bit drier than you have been. Are you up to date with the BAS series? Only I have a vague memory or him mentioning something about them in one of the last 2 episodes, might have decided on a different number being optimal. 

I'm quite tempted to get one myself, just to have a play with, see how well calibrated my finger is lol

• Like 2

@MindSoup cheers mate! I reckon she should stop stretching soon, feels like it's worked out really well in terms of even-ness, could have been down to the soil being wetter slowing them down a touch though? To be fair I haven't actually watched any of their videos right through, it's a shame because they seem very informative but when I see 20 min+ vids I tend to avoid them at the mo! Yeah man you should pick one up they're very nice to have, also you'd know straight away if you had a runaway dripper which is always good :)

@OldFord heyyy cheers for popping in bud and thanks for the kind words! Was your ABC in 2021 or 2022? Gonna have to look back at it now for sure :) think I'll run it again next with some chelato because it's barely had any space this time round.. trying to figure out what to do next is getting me all bothered, need a bit of variety!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rustybiff said:

To be fair I haven't actually watched any of their videos right through, it's a shame because they seem very informative but when I see 20 min+ vids I tend to avoid them at the mo!

lol it normally takes me a good few attempts to actually absorb all the information from one of his videos. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rustybiff said:

@OldFord heyyy cheers for popping in bud and thanks for the kind words! Was your ABC in 2021 or 2022? Gonna have to look back at it now for sure :) think I'll run it again next with some chelato because it', barely had any space this time round.. trying to figure out what to do next is getting me all bothered, need a bit of variety!

Last year mate  :yep:       ABC , BBG  , M & C   ,  all last year sir.       The ABC jars smells beautiful  ,  almost a shame to dump it into Choc & Edibles but its gotta be done.  

Edited by OldFord
  • Like 3

Lovely job @OldFord sounds great, are you getting cherry on the nose?? gonna have a gander through now :) how you getting on with things then, are the edibles and oil helping? I know what you mean about it being a shame, just dry it to a crisp so the terps disappear and you'll feel better about it lol 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rustybiff said:

Lovely job @OldFord sounds great, are you getting cherry on the nose?? gonna have a gander through now :) how you getting on with things then, are the edibles and oil helping? I know what you mean about it being a shame, just dry it to a crisp so the terps disappear and you'll feel better about it lol 

I try not to look when dumping it all into edibles & oil  lol      I will say they work well in easing the body and keeping the single cell occupied enough :yep:

The Cream Caramel choccy is amazing ,  1 little square ....a short time later and BOOM a monster head crushing buzz kicks in ....and fall asleep  ... its awesome when your hurting !

THE ABC smell varied through the grow ,  from very cherry early on  ,  sweet cherry with a fuel like under note ,  now its a more a soft sweet but def cherry with really feint fuel ,  beautiful outdoor structure to the buds.   My lot were compact plants ,  for outdoor i suggest getting them out as early as poss , topping a few times for a bigger bounty.

Would def run her again and looking forward to it mate.   

• Like 3

Aye @OldFord  my ABC buds were the most compact out the three, the Punch though having bigger buds yielded the same as the ABC but it would have done better if it hadn't been swamped and swallowed by the big Mac :)

Looking good in here @Rustybiff mate :yep: mine went huge buds on m+c, half that size on pp then half that again on the abc, will be interesting to see how yours go :) and the smiles cos I have some of those too :)

• Like 4

Just now, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

Aye @OldFord  my ABC buds were the most compact out the three, the Punch though having bigger buds yielded the same as the ABC but it would have done better if it hadn't been swamped and swallowed by the big Mac :)

Sadly i didnt get the chance at the Panty Punch , they got too cold and keeled over but my fault !     Will be throwing some out this year as hearing good things :yep:

The ABC were very nice to work with ,  produced some beautiful plants ,  impressed with them.  

• Like 3

Well the cream caramel must have been fully cooked then @OldFord! Sounds like the perfect medicine, really does.. love that big buzz and down into the land of nod! It's on my list to try because of your rave review ;). I'm very much looking forward to these now, love a bit if fuel in the mix! So when's first plant out for you this year then? 

@Head Rose'n'Tail cheers for popping by bud, really good to hear a bit about your plants, gonna have to give the ABC another go with more room, also I think my pheno has been a bit odd from the beginning so hopefully get a more vigorous one next time! Gonna have to give your diary a look over again later, I'm sure it'll all come flooding back but I can't seem to retain anything these days, nothing to do with the big jars of weed I'm sure? :skin_up:

• Like 2

Just now, Rustybiff said:

Well the cream caramel must have been fully cooked then @OldFord! Sounds like the perfect medicine, really does.. love that big buzz and down into the land of nod! It's on my list to try because of your rave review ;). I'm very much looking forward to these now, love a bit if fuel in the mix! So when's first plant out for you this year then? 

I always well cook :yep:     Its not done til i see some amber ,  the CC showed some nice amber lol        Cooked specifically for KO meds and it works.      Def give the CC a run , well worth it. 

• Like 2

That's the way to go @OldFord, it's why I'm excited about no till because you can take the plants as soon as they're deemed ready, no need to think about when to start flushing or anything.. also means I can stagger the dry so there's less humidity floating around. Maybe I'll pick up a pack of CC for the next run :)

• Like 4

Whoooooops sorry I'm late...

Day 23 (Tues) beginning of week 4

Amazing the difference a week can make, I always look at them at week 3 and think they're not gonna start budding up lol well the panty punch as set her height and overnight started making some lovely flowers. The character is starting to come through now, something fruity in the air :)

large.20230221_175729_compress56.jpg

So I had to spend hours yesterday fucking about making a wooden case to hold the tube heater for the intake air. It's by no means complicated but I'm far from a joiner, much more comfortable with metal working, wood takes the piss lol

The whole process was only awkward because of the tight space restrictions up there, not much wiggle room. Be careful buying a '2ft tube heater' if you can see a big bit of grey plastic with a temp dial on the end. (it's longer than 2ft) :wallbash:

By the time the panels are screwed back on it causes the air to flow through past the tube heater, and it worked! +2 degrees celsius and -3% RH... Success. We now have 25/26 lights on with 55% hum, and 19/20 lights off with nothing over 60% :)

large.20230221_171054_compress99.jpg

Panty Punch

Need to get a bit of black card of something to stop the flash on the back wall, sorry for the poor photos..

large.20230221_175954_compress99.jpglarge.20230221_175900_compress90.jpg

Mack and Crack

I think this could be the happiest looking plant in the tent, barely a blemish on her

large.20230221_180216_compress55.jpg

It's a shame when plants get outstretched and look a bit lost, hard to photograph because everything's happening reet low down... Few more intrusive leaves removed to give her a bit more light, nowt major though

large.20230221_180205_compress19.jpg

Seems there's no ABC photo, but it hasn't really started doing much yet

So here's the Smile F3s.

This stretchier one looks so satisfying @ratdog, praying good and proper :) a real pleasure to open the tent to.. slightly upward curl on the serrations but not sure what that means? Also I think I must've smacked into the bud where the pistils have browned off...

large.20230221_175926_compress60.jpg

photos are gonna be few and far in between with the shorter one I'm afraid, might have a go with a dslr and tripod soon, saves shaking like a shitting dog trying to remain stable lol

large.20230221_180028_compress60.jpg

Well thanks for looking folks! :skin_up:

• Like 10

Day 29 - Beginning of week 5

Another week gone by, that were fast like!

@lildaveham hey man, hope you're well! I thought I'd ask as I got a memory flash of you having this exact problem ages ago in your diary... So I've got 70L of ecolife soil here and I'm starting to get yellowing and dropping lower leaves.. I've top dressed with 40ml of charge and watered that in with some worm castings mashed around in 2L of water just to try getting a bit of nutrients down there, do you think this will be enough? What did you do in this situation, just let it roll? I'm worried about how they'll look in 5 weeks if they're like this now, even in 3 days they're changing fairly quickly..

large.20230227_094609_compress7.jpg

large.20230227_093855_compress31.jpg

Anyway here are the ladies, starting with the Panty Punch. Fattening up merrily and starting to smell nice

large.20230227_094005_compress76.jpg

Mack and Crack

large.20230227_094143_compress70.jpglarge.20230227_094344_compress60.jpg

Apollo Black Cherry, not gonna yield much but nice bit of purple to appreciate :)

large.20230227_094413_compress1.jpglarge.20230227_093914_compress41.jpg

Stretchy Smile

large.20230227_094306_compress34.jpg#

Squat smile, hope the smoke is good because I can imagine her doing well as a single plant scrog, she vegged very fast and barely stretched.. look at the node stackage!

Both smiles smell the same, the stems aren't round either, kind of flat which is interesting. Was drinking a can of Beavertown Neck Oil last night and got similar smells to the smiles

large.20230227_094438_compress58.jpg

Thanks for looking and sorry if I've missed any replies to anyone in any thread at the mo, been a busy bee and struggling to keep up with everything!

• Like 5

Are they not just dropping because they're not getting any light? Quite the thicket you've got going on. 

Similar looking issue to mine but I think the causes are probably different.

With mine they're going fully yellow before they start to shrivel up, whereas yours looking like they're staying green. I think shows that the plant isn't trying to scavange nutes from them, they're just surplus and shaded. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2