Rustybiff

@ratdog yeah man true that, was going to give it a bit longer to see.. the other hasn't even started to show yet so there's hope there, i'll get you a couple of snaps soon anyway. They're growing really nicely and I'm sure in more capable hands they'd look fantastic, I'm just not great at keeping young plants in good health hahah

• Like 4

Just now, Rustybiff said:

I'm just not great at keeping young plants in good health hahah

You and me both mate lol

Looking forward to seeing the new bed get up and running.

• Like 1

Hahah cheers @MindSoup glad to know i'm not alone, it's a dire situation, can keep them looking passable just long enough to sex them and take a cutting but the idea of keeping a healthy mother is out of the question, far too neglectful lol

• Like 3

@ratdog as promised, this is a pic of them both.. had another look and you're right, could easy be a girl, really hope so as the vigour is amazing so far, started feeding everything a bit of fish mix to tide them over..

large.20230102_120047_compress5.jpg

@MindSoup so by keeping them in the pots do the roots run through the bottom to the bed but stay restricted enough to be manageable? Seems like a great option to be fair!

• Like 6

they look great mate, you do yourself down, i'd be happy with them for sure, i really hope you get a girl as you are the first up to run these afaik

i'm just waiting for my current lot in late flower to finished and i'll be sowing as many of the crosses as i can

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rustybiff said:

so by keeping them in the pots do the roots run through the bottom to the bed but stay restricted enough to be manageable? Seems like a great option to be fair!

Yeah mate, as long as you don't feed the soil too much they don't grow too fast, you basically just add any clippings to the mulch layer, no real need to add any ferts or anything. When It comes time for root pruning (as mentioned in the bonsai mum thread) you just cut the roots protruding from the pots, job done. Stole the idea off @blackpoolbouncer (bit of a pattern emerging there lol) he did say he might put up a guide at some point.  

Might potentially be able to keep you get plants going the same way but personally I just try and get mine in the bed as young as possible.  

• Like 4

@ratdog well thanks man that is good to hear, at the end of the day my main concern is that they're happy enough until they show sex because as soon as they're in the bed they'll take off big time.. was very excited to get among these seeds so really hoping for a girl too. All of your crosses look great so can't wait to see you run more of them!

@MindSoup well there are multiple patterns emerging because I seem to pinch everything from you lol.. is a very good idea though and I'd love to see a guide. I really need a veg/mother space with extraction first because the damp in this cupboard is no good at all, it'll never last...

• Like 5

Best of kick with the throw buddy. So far so good :headbang:

I'll keep dropping by as you update mate  :cheers:

Kind regards  :bong:

• Like 2

Well that's done and dusted. Decided to get the 70L pot from ecothrive, it was a bit pricey at £12 for what it is but it's lined with tarpaulin on the sides to keep moisture in.

I've also decided to hang the carbon filter a bit higher, hoping this will stop it getting so humid and sort the smell issue I've been having...

Also some will notice that the AC Infinity circulation fan is back. The company I bought it from replaced the broken one, hopefully it lasts more than 2 months this time lol

Okay I don't like writing too much but occasionally you have to fill people in on't craic like! Wont be much to say from here on hopefully, just watching it happen... without any drama... :mellow:

large.20230105_120110_compress5.jpg

The plant in here is red clover that's been surviving in the greenhouse since my last no till attempt, wonder if it knows it's gonna be absolutely swamped soon, poor thing :blub:

large.20230105_120128_compress96.jpg

Apollo Black Cherry. This one has been a bit of a runt, it could just be that something set her back early on like slight overwatering. I put her in the front left so if she's smaller she's not stuck in the back corner

large.20230105_120304_compress57.jpg

Panty Punch. Good roots, smelling good already

large.20230105_120456_compress93.jpg

Mack and Crack has the most developed roots of the lot, also smelling sweet.

large.20230105_120707_compress80.jpg

@ratdog I've just gone ahead and chucked the biggest smile in the back left, I swear those preflowers look female and I'm almost convinced the tip of a pistil is emerging.. too impatient to wait any longer, still got the smaller of the two on reserve just incase :yep: certainly a bit of a whiff coming from both already

large.20230105_122411_compress42.jpg

Back left is Smile F2

Back right is Panty Punch

Front left is Apollo Black Cherry

Front right is Mack and Crack

large.20230105_130130_compress77.jpg

That's about it. I set up the blumats, watered the pot in with 5l of biosys, then put the mulch down which is just straw. I've ordered 200g of tiger worms and 50g of earthworms to add when they arrive.

Cheers for looking in mateys :smokin:

• Like 8

@BilgePump opened the tent door one day and it was just off, so took it out the tent and it was only on for 10 seconds then switched off for 20.. there was a pattern so assuming a software problem. Got a feeling they're piles of shite to be fair, the oscilating has an unhealthy noise from the get go as if the cogs aren't running smoothly. Was very pissed off at the company for not offering a refund

• Like 1

@Rustybiff Adam's gonna replace mine thankfully but yeah I'm absolutely not convinced their the all singing and dancing answer to everything they seem to be on paper.

I just set up my led g.room , turned everything on to get an idea of temps , came back 15 minutes later and the s6 was just twitching... Tapped it and it did ¼ of a rotation and started twitching again. You'd like to think they'd at least see one grow to completion at 70 notes a pop :unsure:

:yinyang:

• Like 3