Rustybiff

@BilgePump mate it's a bit ridiculous.. As you say, at £70 a pop I had to really battle myself to justify buying it and expected it to be the tits! 

Just going to leave the oscillation off and hope it lasts a bit. Also, the fact that they recommend only leaving it oscillating for 16 hours a day, how handy..

Gonna have to stop writing I'm afraid, you're reminding me how pissed off I was lol

• Like 3

Hooray!  off to a good start there geez.

Grab a few "Eltueng 12v 1a 120mm" fans to go alongside the s6 mate, the twin set is pretty affordable and has proven very dependable for me and plenty powerful enough. The only awkward thing is mounting them, but coat hanger wire and cable ties will get you there. Would be a shame if it packed up during mid flower with nothing to step in and finish the job. 

• Like 5

Okay folks time for a little update.. things aren't moving along too fast at the mo, will step the light up another notch soon, just don't want to overdo it :eat:

Both Smiles ended up being female!  Made a bit of room in the bed by pushing the ABC along one, to be honest I was going to remove it altogether because it's not happy at all, still might just get rid not sure yet. Could just be an unlucky seed or maybe I messed up and stunted it early on, really don't know...

Everything else is happy though, Panty Punch and Mack and Crack are both vigorous and smelling lovely.

Pre-topping

large.20230110_222826_compress36.jpg

Post topping a couple days later, you can see what I mean about the Apollo Black Cherry, she's not been happy from the start. Would you leave it in or chop down and give the others more root run?

large.20230113_113054_compress8.jpg

@MindSoup I totally forgot to reply, sorry! I already have a couple of the AC computer fans thankfully so I'll chuck them in mid-flower probs under the canopy :)

• Like 7

Is she the front centre one? She's a bit droopy but I wouldn't worry about it too much. It probably will get a bit tight in there though so if you really don't like her you can afford to get rid and not have empty space.

I wouldn't worry about overdoing it with the light, they'll soon tell you if it's too much, the leaves start to canoe a bit and look dryer than they should, that will usually then develop into what looks like a deficiency (I suppose it technically is) but you'll catch it way before. Or just grab a uni t and take out the guess work, I think the Bluetooth ones are 20 quid or so, link that to PPFD app and you can dial it all right in. My girls get 5-600 from the very start and then up to 800-1000 once flipped although 800 is probably better than 1000 if you have the headroom.

https://youtu.be/fgdmAsY0VN0

• Like 2

Yeah man front centre one indeed.. just left her untopped as she's already miserable and barely any side branching yet. Thing is she was moved after 2 days of being in the bed so no wonder she's behind! Reckon I'll keep her, it will get crowded as fook as you say mind, but I really want it to.. I want the tent to be nicely rammed now that humidity is down and airflow is 24/7 :)

Very interesting info about light, that's exactly what happened at the end of my last grow, good to know man, cheers.. :punk: 

Edited by Rustybiff
Forgot to reply to other half of response, stoned to bits!
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Rustybiff said:

leave it in or chop down

smoking on some abc now, very good smoke, shes a stretcher probably will be the tallest you have followed by the dosi and mc with the panties being the shortest. 

looking good rb

sam

@samhigh that is good to know! Aye the smells coming off the ABC are already a bit naughty so I thought I'd keep her in, perked up more this morning so that's reassuring :)

The penny is slowly dropping that this is going to be a bit of a mess come flowering time, as you say I think the panty punch will stay fairly squat aye? Didn't really realise that when planting lol gonna just remove a lot of branches and bud sites so all the weight goes where I want it to hopefully

Cheers sam :cheers:

• Like 3

Another quick update.. when I said they weren't growing as fast as I'd like I didn't realise it had only been 8 days since planting lol they're taking off now! That's with lights off air temps as low as 16⁰C unfortunately.. probed the soil and it was nearly 22⁰C the other day so that was a relief

Group shot, should be flipping in no time, though I do want some serious vegetation first this time. Maybe another 2/3 weeks at this rate?

large.20230118_102609_compress1.jpg

Mack and Crack 

large.20230118_102938_compress65.jpg

Panty Punch

large.20230118_103036_compress1.jpg

Apollo Black Cherry. Pinched out the top yesterday, she still looks sad but smells really nice so whatever mannnnn :skin_up:

large.20230118_103101_compress14.jpg

The front smile staying smaller than the other 

large.20230118_103132_compress92.jpg

@ratdog man this back left smile is growing so vigorously it's crazy! Defo gonna take a cutting, if the smoke is a winner she'd be great to breed something with, absolutely flying from the start and a really nice structure so far :) gonna stop rattling on about them now as I feel it's bad etiquette to swap seeds for a diary and then talk about someone elses plants.. I wondered about starting a sepetate diary just for these but idk to be honest. What dya reckon, am I overthinking it? lol

large.20230118_103158_compress52.jpg

Also @MindSoup I finally got a lance sprayer, great suggestion man, so much easier!

Cheers guys

• Like 6

Looking good dude. I reckon you want to flip quite a lot sooner than 2-3 weeks time though, they'll stretch a lot more than they would in small pots due to all the root space they have. Think how much they've grown in 8 days, once you flip they'll continue growing at that rate (probably faster) for about 3 weeks. 

E2A I can't see how much headroom you have but honestly I'd say it's a matter of days before flip as apposed to weeks. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 2

@MindSoup in all honesty I just really want it to become properly full, I think I flipped too early on all of my runs so far and did myself out of a few oz... not sure if it's my environment or what but I've never experienced the mental stretch that people report. I want to flip when the branches are higher than the carbon filter basically, then a major lollypop session and strip the lower bud sites

As far as headroom goes I've still got loads really, the top of the plants are currently at about 25% of the tents total height so I think I should be good.. maybe 3 weeks is too much of an exaggeration but I reckon 2 will be about right to get some good roots down. Got 5oz from the last run which is really great but I swear I could get 8 or more with more veg time..

• Like 1

Yeah fair enough dude, I may well be being over cautious after all my mishaps on the last few runs. Just keep in mind a fuller tent is a more humid tent. 

• Like 1

i would top them all and get a scrog type net in now and try to get a decent load of tops going on that way, otherwise without training it's going to be a jungle in there in no time mate

looking very healthy so far though :yep:

• Like 2

On 06/01/2023 at 1:02 AM, Rustybiff said:

@BilgePump mate it's a bit ridiculous.. As you say, at £70 a pop I had to really battle myself to justify buying it and expected it to be the tits! 

Just going to leave the oscillation off and hope it lasts a bit. Also, the fact that they recommend only leaving it oscillating for 16 hours a day, how handy..

Gonna have to stop writing I'm afraid, you're reminding me how pissed off I was lol

Ok @Rustybiff I was just about to pull the trigger on them infinity fans the oscillating ones so are they crap and not worth it should I buy some thing else any one got recommendations more silent the better or go infinity cheers mate also I grew the appollo black cherry nice weed drop temps near end really brings out colours 

@MindSoup the humidity is a good point to be fair, I'm pretty sure with the dehum now though I should be able to manage it fingers crossed.. to be fair after seeing how fast yours filled the tent with your last run I'm not surprised you're cautious!

@ratdog man I can't seem to wrap my head around scrogging, really wouldn't know what I was trying to do. I think it will end up a total jungle but hopefully one with a bit of order by the time i've lollypopped and defoliated..

I don't want to look like I'm ignoring your advice by the way guys, suggestions are always appreciated. I just have a gut feeling I'll be able to keep things under control this run (this be me me cursing it though)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rustybiff said:

I don't want to look like I'm ignoring your advice by the way guys, suggestions are always appreciated. I just have a gut feeling I'll be able to keep things under control this run (this be me me cursing it though)

All good dude, everything I'm saying is meant exactly that way, just things to take into consideration. You know your space and your situation better than anyone else here so your the best one to make the decisions at the end of the day. I've lost count of the amount of times I've completely ignored advice I've been given on here lol, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, but it all comes out in the wash. 

• Like 4