Rustybiff

Jesus effing christ, they are growing fast! That's with sub-optimum temperatures, sometimes 16 lights off... the worms are clearly working their magic, lovely stuff :clapping:

Fair to say you're right @MindSoup I'll probs be flipping on Monday once they recover from having branches removed and defoliation.

Read recently that the panty punch (back right) wont stretch much so I'm a bit worried about it getting buried :( we'll figure something out anyway, push on.. 

large.20230125_220205_compress23.jpg

A cutting from the vigorous smile with 3 nodes.. how much should the smile stretch if it's anything like the parents @ratdog? I know it's a bit of a genetic lucky dip so may not be worth asking

large.20230125_215514_compress94.jpg

Under the canopy, love the first session stripping out the lowers, it's like having a tidy bedroom after it's been a shit tip for months 

large.20230125_220236_compress49.jpg

Cheers for checking in mateys :rockon:

• Like 6

You're gunna have a jungle on your hands there geez:). If you know the PP is going to stretch less then you could maybe super crop the others but leave that one alone in the hope it keeps up, it's all a bit of a crapshoot working from seed. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

@MindSoup I'm scared to flip the timer and watch it all spiral out of control :crybaby: gonna be a pita for 3 weeks.. when you say supercrop do you mean gently crushing the stems?  Might be an idea. I just wish I thought about it more before topping them, would have just left that one alone, that's hindsight for you ey pal?

Cheers @ratdog hopefully it'll be about the same then! Can't wait to see her in flower, got a lot of beans ;)

• Like 1

Super cropping is where you gently crush the stem so it becomes pliable and then bending it over at 90°, it can become a bit of a tangle if your in a tight space but it helps.  

This guys a bit of a douche so you'll have to filter out the BS but he gets the point across. 

Howdy folks, so for some reason I can't access the photos when posting from my PC... I've got piccies from Sunday night, flipped on Monday.

Got a problem, also got a solution but need some confirmation on whether it'll be alright. So the radiator in our room's broken meaning they've been getting down to 15C lights off. I have a decent portable heater but I need to switch the dark period from day time to night time so that we can benefit from the heat as well as the plants, thus not pissing money away all day for no reason. They're only on day 5 of flower, if I leave them in the dark for another 12 hours will they mind at this stage or can I go ahead? Hopefully someone sees this before 9pm as that's when lights come back on

• Like 1

Yeah mate you can change your lights on off time, I've done it a couple of times. I was told a long dark period is better than a long light period but I doubt it really matters. 

• Like 1

Okay thanks very much for the info, I thought a longer dark period would be better for some reason so will do that.. @ratdog it's a real pita at the moment balancing keeping the happy with the cost of electricity. I'd even be happy with 19 lights off if I can keep humidity down. 23 would be amazing but the cost is just out of reach. Honestly think it will be sweet now that I can heat us and the plants for the same price. dunno why I didn't think about it earlier

• Like 2

Piccies as promised, this was sunday eve, just before flipping. Had to be a bit rough to get pics of each plant but just about managed :)

large.20230129_221532_compress81.jpg

ABC

large.20230129_221649_compress36.jpg

Mack and Crack

large.20230129_221704_compress97.jpg

large.20230129_221719_compress86.jpg

All I had to hand but it's exactly the diameter of a clipper lol

large.20230129_222335_compress91.jpg

Panty Punch

large.20230129_221823_compress66.jpg

Back smile

large.20230129_221907_compress70.jpglarge.20230129_221944_compress15.jpg

Front smile

large.20230129_222014_compress32.jpg

large.20230129_222044_compress69.jpg

Under the canopy

large.20230129_222203_compress27.jpg

Thanks for checking in guys, can't wait to get them a bit warmer and ready to go

• Like 6

Yeah,

always extend the dark period in situations like this :)

Plants count dark hours to decide whether to veg or flower. 

If dark is less than 12 hours then veg but if dark is equal to or more than 12 hours then bloom. 

Good luck sorting out the temperatures. 

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@Shumroom that's a good thing to know, thanks man! This is what's so great about the forum, always learning :) I'm confident that the temps will be good now, excited to see them perk up as the stretch has been very slow with them getting that cold...

• Like 2

Day 7

well the next two weeks will probs be a single photo as it's all just leafy greens.. the panty punch is stretching despite expectations, the mac and crack is not... the vigorous smile isn't stretching, the quiet one has found her voice and said 'oi motherfucker, take a cutting of me too!'. The apollo black cherry is still confused but seems to be enjoying tagging along for the ride.

Temps are a bit more stable, just need to turn the light up a bit to get higher lights on temps but the way I see it week 2/3 onwards will be the time to get things more optimised

large.20230207_092350_compress37.jpg

Just been lightly defoliating where leaves are facing inwards, covering bud sites or obstructing branches trying to breach the canopy.. week three I'll get in and thin out any very dense vegetation to bring RH down. Til then it's just remembering to top up the res! 70l pot is very forgiving, the res can run dry but thine pot shall not.

Cheers!

• Like 5