Crow River

did similar using driveway blocks - works quite well once they are up to room temp, helps slow down the temp fall at lights out 

• Like 1

Day 25 for the two older girls.

They are still alive, and seem to be recovering. One is growing quite vigorously, and the other a little stunted maybe, growing quite slowly.

The two new seeds have both sprouted. I'll leave them under the cling film for a bit until they're slightly bigger.

Looks like I've got four to care for now... :)

large.IMG_20221209_235028.jpeglarge.IMG_20221209_235043.jpeglarge.IMG_20221209_235049.jpeglarge.IMG_20221209_235110.jpeglarge.IMG_20221209_235116.jpeg

• Like 8

Glad to see em bounce back for ya! Best plants I've ever grown started off badly.

But then so have my worst, and everything in between. I'm just not very good lol

• Like 2

Just now, Crow River said:

@blerie420, me neither mate. Just keep blundering about the place. 

They're growing and that's what counts. :yep:

I tried taking that attitude with the ex, now shes all "you're a bad dad" "stop telling your daughter how much guns cost" lol

• Like 1

Trial and error(s) is a fast way to learn though. :) Better for hobbies than romance right enough. 

Ah well, can't win 'em all! 

• Like 1

Weekly update. Original girls are at Day 28, the new ones are Day 4.

They all seem to be doing okay. The two original girls have certainly been set back quite a bit, but are now growing and hopefully will recover fully in time. The two new arrivals are thriving, not that much of a gap between them and the smaller of the original plants.

Over the next week I'll top up the soil in the pots of the new girls, and maybe top dress the two originals. I seem to be on top of the watering issues, next I'll have to think about when to start feeding the two older plants. Temperatures are pretty stable at 24ºC with light on, falling to around 21/22ºC during lights off. Extraction is on a timer, coming on for 15 minutes every hour, just enough to refresh the air inside the tent. Once the two younger seedling are better established, I'll slowly start increasing temperatures until they're at about 27/28ºC during lights on a few weeks from now. When all the girls are a bit taller, they'll be topped and training will start. That's a while off yet mind you...

large.IMG_20221212_182847.jpeg

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 8

Glad you have sorted out your probs, Just shows how much the original 2 were set back, those new girls will probably overtake them by next week.

• Like 1

The two older girls now have some pale, yellowing upper leaves. Not a good sign. Maybe I need to start feeding them a bit. The two youngsters look just fine.

There's no way they need food at that size with that much soil. Something isn't right below the soil, possibly root rot or it's gone anaerobic. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rustybiff said:

Hey man, not sure but I thought hunger displayed from the bottom leaves and worked its way to the top?

Yeah that's what's happening here, but it's probably something else...

5 hours ago, MindSoup said:

There's no way they need food at that size with that much soil. Something isn't right below the soil, possibly root rot or it's gone anaerobic. 

Aye, the only thing I can point to (apart from too much stretch early on, then overwatering) is giving them some MaxiCrop Seaweed after potting up. Might have been too strong, unbalancing the soil. I thought they were on the mend but the one that stopped growing now showing pale leaves with brown starting from the inner leaf stem. Similar pattern to last time.

Possibly the main roots are too low down (due to burying stretch maybe too deep) and as a result getting waterlogged. Anyway the way things are going I'll soon be down to three plants in the tent... :(