Pot noodle challenge take 1

blerie420

1 hour ago, B-real said:

My local wilko only stock 1 or 2 coco blocks.

I'm doing a nice big online click and collect order 20+ coco blocks available online payday tomorrow yippee. 

Bang on that is lol I didnt even think to do that

It's good stuff for brick coco!! 

@RUFUS HOUND you still got the rona or just suffering the after effects?? I didnt lose my smell the first time, 2nd I did badly! It's coming back now, all weed smokes the same still but live plants I can tell a difference. Hope it fucks off sharpish for ya mate

45 minutes ago, blerie420 said:

@RUFUS HOUND you still got the rona or just suffering the after effects?? I didnt lose my smell the first time, 2nd I did badly! It's coming back now, all weed smokes the same still but live plants I can tell a difference. Hope it fucks off sharpish for ya mate

To be fair mine its nothing more than a bad cold apart from the loss of smell but its poleaxed the Mrs. 

A bit of a pain as cant see the old dear in the nursing home till I test neg, I can just about smell vicks if I put my nose in the jar.

• Like 1

Afternoon everyone 

No pics as cant upload again but a quick update

Shes getting on! More pistils, stretch is done.

As promised I've trimmed the bottom to give the top the best shot, I couldn't bring myself to strip her totally nude so shes got 2 nodes per stem.

This was bound to happen (pun intended) but shes hit her first deficiency, the lowe leaves I took off were showing a touch of magnesium depletion, which really isn't bad going considering the size of her pot! I've given her a one off feed of low nutes, plus a little seaweed with epsom salt, as by my reckoning theres no need to give her full bore feed, if she isnt holding enough mag then everything else wont be as mobile too.

This girl though, shes rugged! Shes been alive since november with no issues, none at all, and I have a good feeling she wont suffer any more, touch wood.

• Like 4

large.20230130_200433_z0vu5doA1s.jpeg

Here she is post trim.

Not a major difference but I hope it makes one. Decided to keep all the fan leaves I could just to power what bud sites I've left

• Like 8

large.IMG-20230204-WA0006_lYIyb1G53G.jpeg

Shes moving a little slowly now, I'm putting it down to slightly lower temps than wanted upstairs.

Still, every leaf is still lush, shes holding feed nicely considering shes fed once a day (I mean technically its twice but they're within an hour of each other)

I'm definitely sold on using pot noodles for at the very least starter pots in future, I've never had such a low maintenance experience, although that could be due to the strain.

The tops are at a friends, I'm hoping to visit his at some stage as a sidenote to show how they do in bigger pots, and because he didnt label them so he wants me to identify them lol

• Like 5

large.20230210_152147_aoZeVDG94Q.jpeg

Didn'tget up to feed them for 2 days, felt guilty knowing day 3 would be unlikely too so ran the risk and fed lights out.

Looks like I needn't have bothered! She was still all systems go.

Bud sites are starting to fill out a little more now too, been 3 weeks approximately since flip so a littl3 slower going than her big sisters but she's doing her thing 

• Like 5

They do seem to be pretty robust once they get going! I see what you mean about the dark, glossy leaves. I thought I just gave them too much nitrogen... :g:

• Like 1

On 08/02/2023 at 10:59 AM, blerie420 said:

I'm definitely sold on using pot noodles for at the very least starter pots in future, I've never had such a low maintenance experience

Im with you on that - I read that the taller the pot the better, as the water table in the soil is lower and allows youngsters roots to breath 

According to the perched water table theory, tall pots are the optimal choice. They have the highest air-to-water ratio, allowing for better gas exchange. A tall and wide pot is preferable to a tall and narrow pot for almost every plant

• Like 2

Tall 1 litre yoghurt pots work well too. Not as sturdy as King Pot containers mind you. I find cottage cheese / quark tubs a good size for rooting cuts...

• Like 2