Pot noodle challenge take 1

blerie420

I think it might be strain specific @Baron von greenback

The Triton Biscotto Lime seems quite good for producing nice hard nugs of joy :naughty:

I’ve got one in a 7.5l pot of 70/30 coco/perlite at just over 40 days,

So she should be ready for the :execute: in the first week of April.

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

@Baron von greenback

In this case I think what I set out to do has caused it. I skimmed everything asides the tops to account for the small root ball and not to put too much pressure on the feeding regime to support loads of buds, it's done that.

It's not a truly scientific side by side, but even the ammy in the other pot is not quite as dense as this, and I think that could partly be down to the amount of bud sites it's supporting, as well as genetics of course which is why it's not wholly scientific.

large.20230312_202042_2bl44FW78s.jpeg

Here you can see, she's definitely got a good bit of heft, but she's not a rock like the TBL.

In fairness though I've never sought out denser buds, and I don't personally think it's a good indicator of quality. I've smoked outdoor, shabby, dirt grown yard weed that's scratched the itch better than indoor, pristine condition hydro grown new age hybrids that feel like pebbles.

I am really excited with this strain because she's done a roulette all through flower of different scents that I want to know now what will come of it, will it be the choc mint-esque at had a few weeks ago? Or the pine tar that her stem rub gave me right at the end of veg? Or even now the menthol/sweet petrol sort of kick she's got now?

• Like 3

@Shumroom Yeah yours look winning bro! 

My next run I'm doing 7.5l pots, I think I over did it with 10L this time for my girls, that and a few other grower errors I'm going to be glad to see the back of this run lol

@RUFUS HOUND you got a couple spare? I have after my failed germs (again think it's user error cos I've had total success previously with seedstockers gear) 

I'm gonna be busy this summer with what paniks sorted me so I've got some black cherry pie cuts coming off a mate so I can set and somewhat forget the loft while I deal with that, but the guy who's in with me outdoors is going to kick start my TBL leftovers a week before they get chopped cos I want to do them justice with a scrog run.

I've managed to fashion a ratchet as fuck scrog as well, well impressed with my ingenuity lol

I've got leftover poles and joints from a tent I borrowed a mate that he fell through and ripped a door off, so I'm going to lay it horizontally and stick a net over it. It fits very tightly in my space at 2m when my space is 2.1 at best

• Like 2

Yes mate, I took a couple of TBL clones that are vegging at the minute but the flower tent is full due to my Joshua clones performing way better than the ones from seed that I grew previously. worse problems to have lol 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Shumroom said:

I think it might be strain specific @Baron von greenback

The Triton Biscotto Lime seems quite good for producing nice hard nugs of joy :naughty:

I’ve got one in a 7.5l pot of 70/30 coco/perlite at just over 40 days,

So she should be ready for the :execute: in the first week of April.

Atb

:yinyang:

Good to hear mate I be putting a few down soon 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, blerie420 said:

@Baron von greenback

In this case I think what I set out to do has caused it. I skimmed everything asides the tops to account for the small root ball and not to put too much pressure on the feeding regime to support loads of buds, it's done that.

It's not a truly scientific side by side, but even the ammy in the other pot is not quite as dense as this, and I think that could partly be down to the amount of bud sites it's supporting, as well as genetics of course which is why it's not wholly scientific.

large.20230312_202042_2bl44FW78s.jpeg

Here you can see, she's definitely got a good bit of heft, but she's not a rock like the TBL.

In fairness though I've never sought out denser buds, and I don't personally think it's a good indicator of quality. I've smoked outdoor, shabby, dirt grown yard weed that's scratched the itch better than indoor, pristine condition hydro grown new age hybrids that feel like pebbles.

I am really excited with this strain because she's done a roulette all through flower of different scents that I want to know now what will come of it, will it be the choc mint-esque at had a few weeks ago? Or the pine tar that her stem rub gave me right at the end of veg? Or even now the menthol/sweet petrol sort of kick she's got now?

Ye mate I would agree on the amount of bud sites  sounds like it been a good strain have to do the old smoke report mate

• Like 1

Second that @Idicanna jones I'm really impressed. Seed stockers have been my main source in recent years and they've really not failed me. I haven't really ventured outside of older strains and crosses (I think the most I'd done was BlackBerry gum and even that's still rooted in older genetics) and I've had more success than I've deserved.

Think this will be a mainstay for me for a while, especially as I've still got a few seeds. Was so chuffed when ten arrived lol

• Like 3

Try the wedding glue mate.... It's awesome. Yet to run anything from them that I wouldn't run again. It's only my newb curiosity that keeps me trying new stuff

• Like 1

@Idicanna jones well, fun story I've figured out potentially why my big girls threw out more nuts than a picky squirrel.

Imagine I've been growing 10 years at this point with a 3 year hiatus while my babby was little, and jumped back in with both feet once I was single again because why not. 

I went up during lights out the other day cos I thought fuck it, they've already gone Bangkok on me, I'm not gonna be able to get up during lights on and I wanted to check my drying method for the one is pulled down was sufficient.

Corner of the room, big glaring red light. Come closer, I see anothe4 red light from the heated blanket! lol

I know the rules are no smell (definitely doesnt) no sell (definitely don't even when they aren't seeded) but fuck me, I swear half the manor got told, I screamed my head off cussing myself hahahahaha.

10 fucking years bro and id trashed a 10 week vegged round of girls with one slip up lol

Not all is lost, it's Percy so I'll smoke it even if it has little fireworks in every drag, but for fuck sake!!

• Like 2