Pot noodle challenge take 1

blerie420

And we're off!!

Big thanks to @Seedstockers-Mark for the seeds, I'm remaining hopeful I can keep my over 90% germ rate so I've only stuck two in so far

large.20221104_125404_M9NqcFjt5I.jpeglarge.20221111_102427_GA9VsfL69G.jpeg

The girls have been dropped straight in wet tissue, sealed Tupperware box on top of the boiler for a little warmth and will be checked on in 24 hours.

After this theyll be stuck in their pots (pictures pending) in plagron coco awaiting the grand rising, where theyll be spending a week with their step sisters who I've had to take in while my mate gets the council round theirs.

large.20221108_210215_7myW40za8W.jpeg

These girls are runts, gushers, royal queen diamond and cali glue. First and last appearance on this thread as I believe only one is seedstockers, but I will be getting cuttings once they go home so I can have my own fun.

Best of luck to all taking part!

• Like 8

Right so as promised heres the pots 

large.20221111_162325_3MkZgV8G2T.jpeglarge.20221111_162322_cAYjXASU7K.jpeglarge.20221111_162238_RR1J4UfD3y.jpeglarge.20221111_162232_GTjdNEGt7r.jpeg

I've been at it with the drill putting holes at the top for twine to LST (if it works I'll be butchering all my big pots too)

It ain't a major experiment but the start of many, I've decided to try two different types of drainage holes at the bottom, to see what differences they make along the way also.

I've dotted a few holes in the sides as well, I've seen someone else do it so I'm copying it lol so that I can use a slightly heavier medium whilst not losing the airflow that coco offers.

My mates coming later with a lil brick of coco for me, I'm just weighing up now what I'll mix it with if anything at all to make it heavier.

• Like 5

but but but ..how will the roots stay in the cup ...is this witchcraft? ...the kingdom ccould use a witch ..you know ..stirring the pot ,stoking the fire ..bit of sweeping ..

til then ..best of luck chap .

• Like 4

there will be an opening in the new kingdoms war dept ..not sure weve ever seen a proper plan oor a photo of a plan in a pot noodle challenge .your kingdom will need you .

• Like 1

Noodles filled with wilkos finest as my mate thought that was a fair swap for my half a bag of plagron I had left... no drama, onwards and upwards!

Brick was rehydrated with boiling water plus Epsom salts to kick out anything thinking it was due a free ride, left to drain and then charged with;

1ml per litre shogun A and B

3ml per litre maxicrop

0.5ml per litre vitalink silicon (using leftovers)

Going to be light on the maxicrop and silicon, think I've got 2 weeks worth of silicon left and dont plan on running it full term with these due to the small containers, but it's there and going spare so in it goes for now.

Already seeing the difference in the drawing holes, the swiss cheese pot oozes at a steady rate, whereas the king size with the block shaped holes floods out within seconds. Both hold the coco reasonably well so no complaints.

Will upload pictures once I can!

• Like 4

Pics as promised

large.20221113_153028_TLRXTbnH5C.jpeg

*joe pesci voice* here I'm resting...you fuck

large.20221113_203118_3m1WbmWh4J.jpeg

Cuddled up six in a bed right next to the choob... nice and toasty ready to poke up any moment now.

Not to derail the thread but the cali glue back left might be getting kidnapped, I dont wanna let her fine self go lol

• Like 5

large.20221114_202908_LgLXfSqp7n.jpeg

King....where are your people now?

King size is up and awake first, was to be expected as she was nearly out her shell by the time I plugged her in.

Gonna give the other seed as long as she needs within reason.

Forgot to mention, light's a mars hydro ts2000 running at 25% currently, which is ideal as I didnt want my squatters getting too big to home safely when the time comes.

• Like 5

Struggling with photos again so please bear with

Baby pot died, didnt even make it out her shell. Writing that up as user error, I've had it happen before so no biggie.

King pot is loving it. She bust her shell off all by herself, thought I'd have to intervene at one point but nah! 

Loving the company of her bigger sisters, lights at 50% as per the bigger girls requests, she isnt fazed in the slightest.

Wilko coco ain't actually bad yano! Its stayed nice and fluffy and is draining great too.

Pics to follow shortly

• Like 5