Pot noodle challenge take 1

blerie420

@Idicanna jones cheers bro! I've been stacking pot noodle cups from family recently, think I'm gonna start using them as starter pots cos this has really done me well, and it's a good size for potting up too

• Like 3

Nothing much new to report.... 

Have taken the styrofoam block out and replaced it with an electric blanket, bringing root temps for all the girls up to a nice 19/20 degrees, pictures to follow when I go back up there.

Now having the whole floor leaves much more room for light penetration which is ideal as I want everything exposed ready for flick, not sure if its bro science but shaded branches causes more stretch apparently and to be honest I could really do without that for the glue sharing a room lol

In other news... .

large.20230108_133121_FukvBILL7L.jpeg

Scenes of me taking the whole stock... "I just really like gardening" at the till haha. Whipped round in the motor with my mate who does big scale and cleared out every local wilko. Lovely stuff this is, perfect timing too as i had dregs left in my last feed bottles, made a big batch of buffer feed to soak 12 of em with my mate ready for his next round.

• Like 1

As promised photo update time

large.20230110_113334_v2cyFmEu2o.jpeg

Shes not grown much vertically, but now with the leccy blanket shes sitting much more comfortably.

Tops were pinched but not removed on all nodes to promote side branches, which is great in theory but now I have no space left in my prop due to the glue below lol so god knows what I'll do with them. Hopefully I'll find a home for them.

large.20230110_113438_xmOSIcaV2t.jpeg

Heres the culprit behind the over filled prop... hard fucking work let me tell ya! 

• Like 6

Wont upload photos atm but;

First day 1212 half done. Took the top and bottom stems off, should be done in veg but I've been scatter brained, just have to keep telling myself it's worked before itll be fine this time.

Shes still drinking light, which is no complaint for now, stems taken are soaking in aloe water ready for tomorrow if I can find some more plugs, propagator needs a clear out as some just arent striking, so hopefully theyll take better. Fingers crossed

• Like 2

Good morning all!

Nearly a week in and shes not died lol

large.20230119_220858_x9bPp5D15r.jpeg

Quite the opposite, her tray nearly runneth over, shes standing guard on my mates cuts, I dont normally let them share bath water but it's a temporary measure till he takes em tomorrow. Finally got the majority of the glue cuttings fucked off, all bar 1 rooted and even the failure was trying her damnedest, little nobbly bubbly root calluses but she didnt make it bless her.

large.20230119_220929_djzijaRE3M.jpeg

If you squint really hard you'll see pistils, promise. I'm gonna let them form before trimming off anything below the top, dont want to confuse her

• Like 7

large.20230125_230107_25DsUqV79R.jpeg

Ooooooo she pretttttyyyyy! 

Pistils are coming through nicely now, think shes stretched all she wants too.

Shes still happy with one feed a day, how long that lasts I dont know lol

My mates got roots from the tops I cut, shes in day 4 of veg out the propagator and shes already humming apparently!

• Like 6

Yeah they're proper smelly girls. I have a few tops sitting in water, and they have a fairly heady aroma. As for the tiny tent with six in there... :shock:

• Like 2

@Crow River nothing is out stinking the glue I've got in there atm but up close and personal shes got a really thick aroma. Mark's done us all really well with these, I havent been properly excited about the final result in a while

• Like 1

My local wilko only stock 1 or 2 coco blocks.

I'm doing a nice big online click and collect order 20+ coco blocks available online payday tomorrow yippee.